The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN @ NJD | Sunday Nov. 8th | 2PM | SNP/MSG

Baer.

@benkuzma: #Canucks recall defenceman Alex Biega on emergency basis from #Comets. No morning skate, so we await word later today from Wille D.

-- Tanev and Hamhuis both took a couple pucks yesterday, but didn't see any obvious injuries. 

I wonder who comes out?  I think we're missing Sbisa and his physical play.  Who is a soft , maybe he comes out?

It's it is nice to see Horvat's + - getting back to a respectable number.  From -6 to -2.  I know it is a fairly useless stat, but he has been playing good all season and it's nice to see the numbers reflect that. 

Should be nice to see him score against Cory this afternoon. 

: #Canucks: Ryan Miller (5-3-4, 2.14 GAA, .923 SV%); #NJDevils: Cory Schneider (7-3-1, 2.15 GAA, .923 SV%)

Ironically, the Horvat/Schnieder deal is one of the best hockey trades we've seen in decades (for both teams).

I was extremely upset at how Gillis handled the whole Lou/Schnied thing and then traded Schnieds who is an elite goalie and will always be one of my favorite Canucks and players in the NHL.

I remember being so upset at how little a return we got (as many were), but looking back, Gillis and the scouting staff definitely got it right and kudos to them.

Both teams filled big voids in their lineups for a long time. We needed a stud 1b/2a Center and certainly found him, our future captain, NJ needed to replace their stud between the pipes with another to solidify their ability to compete,

Both teams came out ahead, and arguably we won the trade if you think its easier to draft/find stud goalies later than it is someone of Bo's talent. (ie NJ likely could have had Bo, signed a UFA (Martin Jones was a UFA that year or trade for a stop gap journeyman and drafted Fucale and Bo)....

Both teams are better off but one could argue the trade helped us more as we couldn't have drafted or signed a player as a solution, where NJ could have, thus they didn't need a Schieds as bad as we needed a Bo.

Canucks fan living in diaspora here. Moved to Guelph Ontario from Vancouver in September.

Went to the game in Buffalo yesterday, going to the game today and to the game in TO next Saturday. Very excited to se Schneider play! Had a great time in Buffalo yesterday, meeting many of the Canucks as well as Bo's whole family! Very friendly people, Tim Horvat even told me exactly where he lived - small town Canadian. Really impressed with Sven Beartschi, was the only guy to stop and talk and really made a positive impression on of me - he was the only Canuck that asked anyone's name (mine!)

The guys looked great last night and showed lots of heart battling back from that 2-0 deficit. Really impressed with the team speed and with Bartkowski's shiftiness in open ice- interesting to see in person. Having said that, very little play within the dots and very little traffic. Certainly missing Sbisa and Prust who play consistently physical and are boons within the dots on either ends. Hopefully we can play a little greasier moving forward as this style will not get us to the playoffs or through many teams once we get there. 

Will post pictures if I can - I decided to join CDC in order to get some more Canuck's content! 

Cheers

Canucks fan living in diaspora here. Moved to Guelph Ontario from Vancouver in September.

Went to the game in Buffalo yesterday, going to the game today and to the game in TO next Saturday. Very excited to se Schneider play! Had a great time in Buffalo yesterday, meeting many of the Canucks as well as Bo's whole family! Very friendly people, Tim Horvat even told me exactly where he lived - small town Canadian. Really impressed with Sven Beartschi, was the only guy to stop and talk and really made a positive impression on of me - he was the only Canuck that asked anyone's name (mine!)

The guys looked great last night and showed lots of heart battling back from that 2-0 deficit. Really impressed with the team speed and with Bartkowski's shiftiness in open ice- interesting to see in person. Having said that, very little play within the dots and very little traffic. Certainly missing Sbisa and Prust who play consistently physical and are boons within the dots on either ends. Hopefully we can play a little greasier moving forward as this style will not get us to the playoffs or through many teams once we get there. 

Will post pictures if I can - I decided to join CDC in order to get some more Canuck's content! 

Cheers

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the positive input!  I felt it took a lot of heart also, to battle and get back in vs fall completely apart.  Would have been easy to do, on the road and early morning.  But they found the will and determination.  Too bad it unraveled as it did, but it could have gone either way.  Await some pics...

Archived