The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Seismic Shift in How People Eat

aGENT

what do you find most difficult?

Being consistent, growing up 22 years eating meat products and then removing that from your diet isn't particularly easy. Its only been 3 weeks, so I'll slowly eliminating foods. Fortunately, don't have any dairy products anymore and I don't actually miss eating meat.

Especially, when going out, its harder to find a vegan restaurant for instance. 

Lack of meat.

I cut meat from breakfast a few years ago, but that's more because my new breakfast is a shake not a regular cooked breakfast. I'm committed to a healthy diet but I'll never cut meat for real.

Meat is addicting (in the traditional sense of 'addicting' - not saying that as a metaphor for 'delicious'). I used to do some intense juice cleansing a couple times a year, and after 3 or 4 days on that junk, I would be wanting meat so bad I could cry. But after a few days more, I would think about it less. After I re-introduced food (only vegetarian options) for a few weeks, I wouldn't even think about meat. As it stands now, I do eat it, but not often at all, and only when I'm out or with others. I never make it myself. I think my cleansing period changed my diet dramatically. Painfully, but dramatically. It's weird how you do and don't taste and crave things after a complete re-set. I definitely crave things like tacos from time to time, and I do indulge - but never enough to get hooked.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I think it's all just a state of mind. You can change it if you ever wanted to, but it aint easy

Being consistent, growing up 22 years eating meat products and then removing that from your diet isn't particularly easy. Its only been 3 weeks, so I'll slowly eliminating foods. Fortunately, don't have any dairy products anymore. 

Especially, when going out, its harder to find a vegan restaurant for instance. 

Ive thought about going vegan, but truth is that I like a lot of clothes and products that probably aren't vegan friendly - just doesn't seem like a lifestyle choice I could sustain. That said, a vegan diet I could maybe, maybe do -- except I love cheese. like, a lot. I also enjoy yogurt. I don't think I have the money to buy the higher quality alternatives with any regularity, but I sorta want to try.

Meat is addicting (in the traditional sense of 'addicting' - not saying that as a metaphor for 'delicious'). I used to do some intense juice cleansing a couple times a year, and after 3 or 4 days on that junk, I would be wanting meat so bad I could cry. But after a few days more, I would think about it less. After I re-introduced food (only vegetarian options) for a few weeks, I wouldn't even think about meat. As it stands now, I do eat it, but not often at all, and only when I'm out or with others. I never make it myself. I think my cleansing period changed my diet dramatically. Painfully, but dramatically. It's weird how you do and don't taste and crave things after a complete re-set. I definitely crave things like tacos from time to time, and I do indulge - but never enough to get hooked.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I think it's all just a state of mind. You can change it if you ever wanted to, but it aint easy

Ive thought about going vegan, but truth is that I like a lot of clothes and products that probably aren't vegan friendly - just doesn't seem like a lifestyle choice I could sustain. That said, a vegan diet I could maybe, maybe do -- except I love cheese. like, a lot. I also enjoy yogurt. I don't think I have the money to buy the higher quality alternatives with any regularity, but I sorta want to try.

If I were to suggest it. Don't give it up all at once. 

Slowly cut it out of your diet. Examples: Meatless Monday's 

Im no vegan but I have cut red meat out almost entirely. Almost without really thinking much about it. first Beef went and now pork are both almost completely gone from my diet. Maybe chicken at some point but fish though, fish arent going anywhere. Love me some fresh fish.

Its easy to give up on steaks when you look at the prices at the market recently lol.

I only eat meat 1-5 times a month. it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me. but i use and love a lot of dairy products, which would be difficult for me to give up

Im no vegan but I have cut red meat out almost entirely. Almost without really thinking much about it. first Beef went and now pork are both almost completely gone from my diet. Maybe chicken at some point but fish though, fish arent going anywhere. Love me some fresh fish.

Its easy to give up on steaks when you look at the prices at the market recently lol   all the festering pathogens in them and how much of it is repackaged past the best before date.

FIFY  :)

I have totally cut out pork and have eaten like 2 steaks this year so far.   I cant live without fish either.

Archived