The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flint Firebirds fire coaches, Players walk out

Vrienzy

The guy is the owner he can do whatever the F he wants. Players are dumb. They don't choose the coach, they are told to play.

And that sort of attitude will get you nowhere in life..... just saying.....

If you're the owner, you hold a responsibility to what you own; otherwise, you are not benefiting yourself. Hockey is still a business. Owning a team is owning a business. Having a childish behaviour, as you just demonstrated, will likely lose your position as owner at some point.

And that sort of attitude will get you nowhere in life..... just saying.....

If you're the owner, you hold a responsibility to what you own; otherwise, you are not benefiting yourself. Hockey is still a business. Owning a team is owning a business. Having a childish behaviour, as you just demonstrated, will likely lose your position as owner at some point.

His money, his team. He can do whatever he wants. He can run the team into the ground if he wants. Theres no magical business fairy who will make him 'lose his position as owner' and punish him for doing what he wants with his assets.

His money, his team. He can do whatever he wants. He can run the team into the ground if he wants. Theres no magical business fairy who will make him 'lose his position as owner' and punish him for doing what he wants with his assets.

The league says hi.

Sure. He can run his team into the ground but, it's certainly not going to be in his best interest; therefore, I stand by my original post.

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

I dont get why they would take away the 3rd overall pick. It's punishing the team not punishing the owner

found that odd too. 

what was this all about?  I don't really get what exactly happened.

3 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

found that odd too. 

what was this all about?  I don't really get what exactly happened.

Owner basically fired everyone because they weren't playing his son. Player protested and won, coaches were resign to 3 year contracts. Owner hired someone to be his eye in the sky and to make moves on his behalf, owner told the advisor to fire everyone after his sons icetime wasn't increased, he fired everyone, OHL stepped in,

9 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Owner basically fired everyone because they weren't playing his son. Player protested and won, coaches were resign to 3 year contracts. Owner hired someone to be his eye in the sky and to make moves on his behalf, owner told the advisor to fire everyone after his sons icetime wasn't increased, he fired everyone, OHL stepped in,

wow.  taking hockey parent psychosis to a whole new level.

Archived