The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Radim Vrbata a MINUS 8 ??!!

bohonos76

i don't think you are watching games, he could have had 3 goals on the last game if he had capitalize on his grade a chances.

Chances generated are what is important. And he has made himself in position to get those chances, only it wasn't going in.

What makes you think he's a paycheck player ha, fig. Don't make absolute statements if you don't rational reason.

I'm watching the games, my friend, and I'll make whatever absolute statements I feel like, ha coward.

It's unreal how much his elite shot is letting him down lately.

It's almost like clockwork - Vrbata missing the net repeatedly - or finding the goaltender's crest.

It won't last - but he's snakebitten for sure - and really uncharacteristic of a sniper of his quality.  

Imagine this team's record if the real Vrbata had been around early this season...

Did someone hypnotize him and tell him the playoffs have started? Sure looks like it .

You cannot hypnotize someone who's eyes are that wide apart.  Maybe this is the reason he misses the net every flippin time.

its all about karma... when he started well last year he was with the twins... when he slipped a bit he wasn't...also probably ranted and raved about not being with the twins in the playoffs. so now he gets his chance to play with the twins and he is missing great chances... he probably is doing this on purpose knowing full well the canucks have in mind to trade him.... lol ya right... he is just in a slump relax everyone...

You cannot hypnotize someone who's eyes are that wide apart.  Maybe this is the reason he misses the net every flippin time.

Haahahahahahaha! If they were any further apart, he might qualify as an ungulate. Maybe that's why he's so quick to avoid a check.

I'll say it again; he's a paycheque player.

Then wouldn't he have been good in the year coming up to his next contract, not the one after signing it?

Anyway, as much as +/- is terrible, it's telling that Vrbata has only had 1 game in the positive this year (a +1). He's had 5 games a 0 as well, but since joining the Sedins is when he's had the worst +/- this year despite scoring more.

I hope he picks it up, if for nothing else that to boost his trade value closer to the deadline.

Then wouldn't he have been good in the year coming up to his next contract, not the one after signing it?

Anyway, as much as +/- is terrible, it's telling that Vrbata has only had 1 game in the positive this year (a +1). He's had 5 games a 0 as well, but since joining the Sedins is when he's had the worst +/- this year despite scoring more.

I hope he picks it up, if for nothing else that to boost his trade value closer to the deadline.

You'd think, but since his disappearing act in last year's playoffs, I think his work ethic and willingness are very questionable.

Hopefully he does take some pride in his work, and starts potting goals by the bushel, so that when Benning has him up for auction, there are takers.

Archived