The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Radim Vrbata a MINUS 8 ??!!

bohonos76

last year the sedins n vrbata started the season together..... He actually lost the spot cause they were only producing on the powerplay they were not very good 5v5 n when the powerplay went cold he went to the second line. vrbata actually produced just as many points with bonino n Higgins. You must not remember last year very well. It's all good short term memory is a epidemic on CDC.

Actually the 2nd line had an excellent start then in December started to struggle. Vrbata was moved to the second line to get it going again. There's nothing wrong with my memory but I have to question yours.

From the Rangers preview Dec 12/14 the first game Vrbata played on the 2nd line...

Dec_zpsblib8muw.png

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020446

All his points were on the PP? The Sedins/Vrbata weren't very good 5 on 5?

Nothing wrong with this old mans memory son. Vrbata was moved to the second line because it stopped producing and Willie wanted to spread the scoring out. It's appears you're part of the epidemic you speak of.

And just in case you doubt this was game of the line change up....

Now, changing things around isn't such a bad idea. When lines get cold, a shake up is always a good thing, though I question the wisdom of moving Jannik Hansen to the top line, since he basically went ice cold after winning player of the week honours recently. It makes you wonder what Alex Burrows has to do to get back to the top line, a combination we all know has put up some pretty good numbers in the past. I'm more concerned about getting Nick Bonino back on track than Hansen, and it will be interesting to see how he does with Radim Vrbata.

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2014/12/13/7387465/game-day-preview-canucks-vs-rangers

/History Lesson

It's unreal how much his elite shot is letting him down lately.

It's almost like clockwork - Vrbata missing the net repeatedly - or finding the goaltender's crest.

It won't last - but he's snakebitten for sure - and really uncharacteristic of a sniper of his quality.  

Imagine this team's record if the real Vrbata had been around early this season...

Imagine if the real Crosby was around from the start of the season for Pittsburgh. It happens to the best of them. Back when Burrows was first added to the Sedins line people were complaining that Daniel hadn't scored a goal in 10 games (he had lots of assists). At that same time Crosby was on an 11 game goal drought and Ovechkin was goalless in 14. Everybody gets these stretches from time to time. I recall pointing it out at the time. It's nothing to panic about.

Calgary were the comeback kids all year long, excelling in third periods. How come they weren't shot? 

As for Vrbata's 63 points, it's nice they got something out of him for that $5M he was paid. Massive effort? Don't insult me with garbage like that. By playoff time, all the paycheques were in the bank....he resorted to mailing it in at that point. Comparing Horvat to Vrbata is assinine. One has heart, one doesn't. 

I would have thought that was obvious. Not the same number of injuries and a younger team. Add to that they went out like a light the next round, (4-1) so maybe they were pretty much finished.

Calgary were the comeback kids all year long, excelling in third periods. How come they weren't shot? 

As for Vrbata's 63 points, it's nice they got something out of him for that $5M he was paid. Massive effort? Don't insult me with garbage like that. By playoff time, all the paycheques were in the bank....he resorted to mailing it in at that point. Comparing Horvat to Vrbata is assinine. One has heart, one doesn't. 

...and one contributed with a strong defensive performance while the other when not scoring was a liability.

Actually the 2nd line had an excellent start then in December started to struggle. Vrbata was moved to the second line to get it going again. There's nothing wrong with my memory but I have to question yours.

From the Rangers preview Dec 12/14 the first game Vrbata played on the 2nd line...

Dec_zpsblib8muw.png

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020446

All his points were on the PP? The Sedins/Vrbata weren't very good 5 on 5?

Nothing wrong with this old mans memory son. Vrbata was moved to the second line because it stopped producing and Willie wanted to spread the scoring out. It's appears you're part of the epidemic you speak of.

And just in case you doubt this was game of the line change up....

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2014/12/13/7387465/game-day-preview-canucks-vs-rangers

/History Lesson

Okay I stand corrected but If vrbata was put on the 2nd line to help bonino why does bonino have only 3 points less??? This seems flawed 

Okay I stand corrected but If vrbata was put on the 2nd line to help bonino why does bonino have only 3 points less??? This seems flawed 

The post you responded to didn't say "to help Bonino."  It did refer to the second line but not specifically Bonino.

You'll have noticed that at that time the scoring dropped after Bonino.  Putting a 23 point guy on the 2nd line in place of a right winger scoring much less seems a reasonable attempt to "spread the scoring out" to quote Baggins in the quote you were responding to.

I don't see what you think is flawed.

The post you responded to didn't say "to help Bonino."  It did refer to the second line but not specifically Bonino.

You'll have noticed that at that time the scoring dropped after Bonino.  Putting a 23 point guy on the 2nd line in place of a right winger scoring much less seems a reasonable attempt to "spread the scoring out" to quote Baggins in the quote you were responding to.

I don't see what you think is flawed.

Now, changing things around isn't such a bad idea. When lines get cold, a shake up is always a good thing, though I question the wisdom of moving Jannik Hansen to the top line, since he basically went ice cold after winning player of the week honours recently. It makes you wonder what Alex Burrows has to do to get back to the top line, a combination we all know has put up some pretty good numbers in the past. I'm more concerned about getting Nick Bonino back on track than Hansen, and it will be interesting to see how he does with Radim Vrbata.

theres what seemed flawed bud!

Bonino had a great start to the season, actually outproducing the top line at times. He was the driving force on the second line. Then came December and he dried up. That second line production depended entirely on Bonino. Vrbata was moved to the second line to get Bonino producing again. It also created a better balance between the first and second lines production. Vrbata still played the 1st pp unit.

Moving Vrbata there had nothing to do with his performance with the Sedins.

Bonino had a great start to the season, actually outproducing the top line at times. He was the driving force on the second line. Then came December and he dried up. That second line production depended entirely on Bonino. Vrbata was moved to the second line to get Bonino producing again. It also created a better balance between the first and second lines production. Vrbata still played the 1st pp unit.

Moving Vrbata there had nothing to do with his performance with the Sedins.

thanks for the clarification baggins n not ripping me a new one for some short term memory lose. your a gentleman n a scaller lol. 

Archived