The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canucks need character game

hockeygod77

the canucks have not got any puck luck yet ...they also miss that character style of play..im not suggesting to play foolish hockey ..they miss kassianintimidation and miss that in your face hockey with discipline...they have the tools and the points they have don't reflect the team they have...miller is ok but i think markstrom needs to play a set of games..virt and jared just doing fine they need to keep their heads up in the danger areas and keep their game simple...ok the power play willie...too gain the zone they don't create  that speed and to keep the power play simple with shot from the point....will open up other plays..too much on first line hansen should be on the power play...

Last year Vrbata had chemistry with Bonino, this year he's still trying to find chemistry and we're still, to a degree, trying to figure out the lines.  This can still get worked out, I'm hoping that McCann will find some chemistry with Vrbata and the rest will work itself out from there, WD had them together on 3 on 3 last game, so hopefully...

I know the D is still a mess but if the forward lines get worked out it should help some, beyond that the D is going to be an issue until next year.

Yes, we need a character win.

Your statement is all over the map, I have know idea what to take from that.

If you're not familiar with the saying, the best tough guy is the power play, it means that if the team has a good pp, other teams won't take penalties otherwise the puck ends up in their net, so it counters any intimidation.  In fact the pp then becomes intimidating.

If you're not familiar with the saying, the best tough guy is the power play, it means that if the team has a good pp, other teams won't take penalties otherwise the puck ends up in their net, so it counters any intimidation.  In fact the pp then becomes intimidating.

I was referring to the OP's statement, not yours

the canucks have not got any puck luck yet ...they also miss that character style of play..im not suggesting to play foolish hockey ..they miss kassianintimidation and miss that in your face hockey with discipline...they have the tools and the points they have don't reflect the team they have...miller is ok but i think markstrom needs to play a set of games..virt and jared just doing fine they need to keep their heads up in the danger areas and keep their game simple...ok the power play willie...too gain the zone they don't create  that speed and to keep the power play simple with shot from the point....will open up other plays..too much on first line hansen should be on the power play...

You mean like that character game where Sestito went after retribution with Brown? Over his late hit on Lou two games prior...

Archived