The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canucks need character game

hockeygod77

Kassianintimidation eh... Well the trees in Montreal are pretty intimidated, he showed them trees alright. Don't mess with Zack Krashian, dude will lose it if he sees you just standing there..

Canucks need a power play that doesn't consistently suck. We have a few guys with "character", I think you're just overreacting and need to work on grammar and composition. Kassianintimidation...seriously.

the canucks have not got any puck luck yet ...they also miss that character style of play..im not suggesting to play foolish hockey ..they miss kassianintimidation and miss that in your face hockey with discipline...they have the tools and the points they have don't reflect the team they have...miller is ok but i think markstrom needs to play a set of games..virt and jared just doing fine they need to keep their heads up in the danger areas and keep their game simple...ok the power play willie...too gain the zone they don't create  that speed and to keep the power play simple with shot from the point....will open up other plays..too much on first line hansen should be on the power play...

Sorry pal, you lost me when you used Kassian and discipline in the same sentence.

Teams that play an in your face, intimidating style of hockey typically have it from the top down in their lineups, not just a couple 4th liners who play that style. The Canucks will never be able to play that style because their top 6 is composed of soft, skilled players and the D core has one physical defenceman in Sbisa. So no the Canucks won't and shouldn't play this style of game because they currently aren't built for it. They should focus on scoring goals and winning games the way they have for a number of years now.

Teams that play an in your face, intimidating style of hockey typically have it from the top down in their lineups, not just a couple 4th liners who play that style. The Canucks will never be able to play that style because their top 6 is composed of soft, skilled players and the D core has one physical defenceman in Sbisa. So no the Canucks won't and shouldn't play this style of game because they currently aren't built for it. They should focus on scoring goals and winning games the way they have for a number of years now.

Byfuglien & Lucic.

My wish is for a more physical line up, to add Gaunce Cracknell and Pedan for more guys that can finish a check. A lot of our forwards (esp our vets) turn away from the checks...play the skill style. Higgins Hansen and Burr  (Edler sometimes)  stopped body checking two years ago. Gaunce and Cracknell are north and south guys that play well against the glass. Let Pedan audition while Sbisa's out.

I don't know about a character game, but maybe just a little more effort.

The team does have quite a few changes from last year, so it may take a while longer for them to develop.

In my opinion, if anyone has high expectations for the Canucks this year, they're kidding themselves. I'm not saying they won't do well. I'm just saying sometimes growing pains happen.

In my opinion, if anyone has high expectations for the Canucks this year, they're kidding themselves. I'm not saying they won't do well. I'm just saying sometimes growing pains happen.

Fully agree - I have no expectations other that they show some effort this year.

• -DLC- locked this topic

Archived