The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB sends out scouts to watch Swedish Leagues leading scorer - Anton Rodin

TheRussianRocket.

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

The point is, he's another small skilled forward.  There is a limit as to how many players like this you want on your team.  They can be very effective obviously but he needs to get in line with Baertschi, McCann, Shinkaruk, Vey.  He has demonstrated an unwillingness to play in the AHL.  Granted, the Wolves were not the best situation and the Comets are much better but would he play there based on his experience?

As far as Wikipedia goes, I don't take it that seriously but use it because it's information is in a good format.  Things like hockey stats are easily confirmed and other sites have similar numbers.  If Wikipedia can't find volunteers any more and has to pay people to update their site, does it make it less credible? 

Google lists him at 174

Hockey DB 5'11", 181

Elite Prospects 6'0", 185

Hockeys Future 5'11", 174

NHL.com 5'11", 174

Rotoworld 6'0", 176

AHL.com 6'1" 180

Some of these stats are dated to his AHL days and some of them are exaggerated so I would expect realtiy to be closer to the lower end which is why I put up Wikipedia's numbers.  They don't have an agenda to market players like some of the other sites.  Their agenda is to provide information.  Honestly, I would discount HockeyDB, Elite Prospects and AHL.com.  The other figures are the same as Wikipedia.

So, close to 6' and 175 or so...that's stat's...so is a hat trick and 28 pts. in 20 games.

Trade Sbisa or Edler or Hamhuis and Baer for Hamonic and get Rodin in the lineup.

1 hour ago, greetingsfrombrazil said:

Playing great after recovering very fast from a broken bone. Very impressive

Even with his injury and missing a handful of games, Rodin is on pace (77) to break the SHL record for most points in a season (76). 

Lets hope for our sake he can find some NHL success like Soderberg/Zuccarello and not be a Brunnstrom. A lot to be excited about. Can't wait to see him in camp next Summer.

2 hours ago, Derp... said:

Sweeet, where those highlights

@ryanbiech: #Canucks prospect/property Anton Rodin's first goal from today - good battle in front to force it in https://t.co/JDpe1kG8vS

@ryanbiech: #Canucks prospect Anton Rodin's 2nd goal today - Uses the defenceman as a screen, finishes with a beautiful snipe https://t.co/QgUl2HTKLl

@ryanbiech: #Canucks prospect/property Anton Rodin finishes off the hat-trick today with a absolute snipe to the top corner. https://t.co/6l1ZTJnVAr

my pants may or may not be on atm..

20 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@ryanbiech: #Canucks prospect/property Anton Rodin's first goal from today - good battle in front to force it in https://t.co/JDpe1kG8vS

@ryanbiech: #Canucks prospect Anton Rodin's 2nd goal today - Uses the defenceman as a screen, finishes with a beautiful snipe https://t.co/QgUl2HTKLl

@ryanbiech: #Canucks prospect/property Anton Rodin finishes off the hat-trick today with a absolute snipe to the top corner. https://t.co/6l1ZTJnVAr

my pants may or may not be on atm..

Those last 2 goals were really good snipes. Very quick release and still precise

On 11/21/2015, 2:39:36, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

So, close to 6' and 175 or so...that's stat's...so is a hat trick and 28 pts. in 20 games.

Trade Sbisa or Edler or Hamhuis and Baer for Hamonic and get Rodin in the lineup.

He's 25 now, so he has likely put on weight since he was 18 yrs old.  I would think he would probably be 6' and 185 easily.

• 2 months later...

I am impressed with his mobility,play making skill,

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 3:52 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

Even with his injury and missing a handful of games, Rodin is on pace (77) to break the SHL record for most points in a season (76). 

Lets hope for our sake he can find some NHL success like Soderberg/Zuccarello and not be a Brunnstrom. A lot to be excited about. Can't wait to see him in camp next Summer.

and looks like an accurate shot and fast enough. All these prospects, looks promising for a future Canucks team

40 minutes ago, Nooks said:

After signing Zalewski we are at 47/50 of our contract limit.  Getting close but I hope we do sign him or ship Prust off.

46.  Brisebois is sliding scale and doesn't count against the 50.  Sign Rodin and two College UFAs to SPC and sign Petit to PTO (Comets) once his junior season is over.  Plenty of room.

Just now, bigbadcanucks said:

46.  Brisebois is sliding scale and doesn't count against the 50.  Sign Rodin and two College UFAs to SPC and sign Petit to PTO (Comets) once his junior season is over.  Plenty of room.

Awesome thanks for the correction!

On 12/11/2015 at 8:15 PM, Kevin Biestra said:

We failed to see the signs when Dale Weise turned the Netherlands into his own personal pond hockey clinic.

Let us not make that mistake again.

Vote Rodin for 3rd Sedin 2016.

Dale Weise is 5th in Montreal Canadians scoring with 11g 10a 21pts

That would also be fifth on the Canucks for points and fourth for goals.  Weise is no longer chopped liver; and the Netherlands league does not compare at all with the Swedish league, so measuring up to Weise would not in any way be a failure - of course Rodin is expected to be a scorer, so better things are expected of him, you know, like Vrbata, er, oh wait, that great sniper, Vrbata is scoring at about the same pace as Dale Weise.

4 hours ago, Nooks said:

After signing Zalewski we are at 47/50 of our contract limit.  Getting close but I hope we do sign him or ship Prust off.

I think any contract that Rodin signs would kick in at the start of next season, so it doesn't matter what our contract limit is this season is... chances are, Rodin signs in the summer after we've left a few guys walk (like Blair Jones, Ludwig Bromstrand, Adam Cracknell, and Joesph Labate).

But as another poster said, even if he we signed him in season (unlikely) we are only at the 46 contract mark because of Brisebois sliding deal.

Archived