The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTF, fringe player Hansen +10, Sniper Vrbata -9

Nuckster1970

People who love to pretend that chemistry isn't the most defining feature of a lines success. 

Hansen vastly inferior to Vrbata in terms of individual talent, but he's played with the Sedin's long enough to know and understand their tendencies. He's always beena good fit with them.

Who saw this coming, 19 point differential between Hansen and Vrbata +/-. Then WD says he will still change lines after an 11 pt. night from Sedins/Hansen.

Who is this sniper Vrbata that you speak of?  The only Vrbata I know of is a soft Czech who has been shooting nothing but blanks since April 2015.

Who saw this coming, 19 point differential between Hansen and Vrbata +/-. Then WD says he will still change lines after an 11 pt. night from Sedins/Hansen.

I remember a coach who wouldn't change a thing because all was set in stone. Desjardins isn't afraid to change it up and that's a winning coach approach. If Desjardins changes it up not if but when Hansen, Burrows, Vrbata, Sutter or Virtanen dry up, it should keep the Sedins producing all year. Nothing suggests that a dog house exists for those who eventually dry up on that line.

Change is good.

Hansen has these type of moments every year, let's see if he can be consistent this year.

Hansen is a NHL career + player who is a safe bet at getting his team 30 points.  He brings his A+ game night in, night out, hustles, forechecks, PKs, defensively responsible, absolute speed demon, great guy in the locker room... all for the price tag of 2.5 million.

Is this the consistency you're searching for this year?

Or do you have this strange expectation that Hansen should score 60+ points?

Hansen is a NHL career + player who is a safe bet at getting his team 30 points.  He brings his A+ game night in, night out, hustles, forechecks, PKs, defensively responsible, absolute speed demon, great guy in the locker room... all for the price tag of 2.5 million.

Is this the consistency you're searching for this year?

Or do you have this strange expectation that Hansen should score 60+ points?

Not every game, where was he in the LA series? Sanjose series and Calgary series? So yeah he's a average player who plays a grinder role, I don't see him maintaining this streak, he does this every year.

I remember a coach who wouldn't change a thing because all was set in stone. Desjardins isn't afraid to change it up and that's a winning coach approach. If Desjardins changes it up not if but when Hansen, Burrows, Vrbata, Sutter or Virtanen dry up, it should keep the Sedins producing all year. Nothing suggests that a dog house exists for those who eventually dries up on that line.

Change is good.

Excellent point Me_, WD does a "Very good" job of that, now only if WD can figure out who to play in 3 on 3 situations, we may get an OT win.

I remember a coach who wouldn't change a thing because all was set in stone. Desjardins isn't afraid to change it up and that's a winning coach approach. If Desjardins changes it up not if but when Hansen, Burrows, Vrbata, Sutter or Virtanen dry up, it should keep the Sedins producing all year. Nothing suggests that a dog house exists for those who eventually dries up on that line.

Change is good.

I recall Willie being very rigid in his lines and stubbornly leaving the same lineup in the playoffs, when it would have clearly benefited the team to shorten the bench.

This year Willie is thinking that shortening his bench during crucial times is going to be the answer and it isn't working out that way.

Willie is taking a lot of heat this year, but his willingness to try different combinations is a positive step. Everyone is going to be able to play with one another, when it comes to a slump or an injury. 

Would I have liked to have seen a better mix of youth during the latter stages of games? Sure. But I'm pleased with the way things are going.

Hansen's gotta be an early season candidate for team MVP. He brings it every night. He's not always on the score sheet,  but he's always noticeable. For years he's been behind burrows on the depth chart. I think he's surpassing him this year. Burr's lost a step, but Hansen is in his prime. I like him with the twins. We need to move Vrbata, he looks lost out there and drags down whatever linemates he's with. I know at this point you don't get much for him, but I'd rather see Shinks get a chance than watch him out there, it's downright painful to watch.

Not every game, where was he in the LA series? Sanjose series and Calgary series? So yeah he's a average player who plays a grinder role, I don't see him maintaining this streak, he does this every year.

you're a total goof.  You and your ideas are ridiculous.  No one stays consistent at 4pts a game.  

He is as solid and consistent as anyone on our team.  His role isn't to score goals.  He knows his role and plays it well every night. 

Archived