The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal (Hamhuis/Vrbata)

Been thinking where these 2 may end up at deadline day. May even still be here. But why not trade them? Their returns can help us down the road and with what rental players can fetch now a days we should cash in. 2 teams I'd explore trades routes with would be Tampa Bay and Philli (pending they are in the playoff picture).

Tampa Bay ; Targets would be, Adam Erne, Anthony Deangelo or Nikita Kucherov. People may think Kucherov would be untouchable but Tampa needs to resign Stamkos (if he even stays). Kucherov will get a decent payday, just not from Tampa. They could use either/or of Vrbata or Hamhuis as playoff rentals. I'd say Hamhuis better fits them though for a playoff run because like they say defence wins you championships. Deangelo would shore up our defence pool. Solid offensive defence man even though there are some issues, they can be solved with time. He is young after all. Erne is another good young point getter, I'd include Jensen in the deal and feel Erne is an upgrade. Kucherov would fit in with the youth movement. Would be a good addition to Horvats wing. Proven scorer.

Philly; Targets Samuel Morin and/or Travis Sanheim. Morin is huge. Solid stay at home defence. Needs development time but would be a solid add to the defence prospects pool we don't have. Could be our very own Chara. Sanheim is offensively gifted. Like I said we need a D prospect pool. We also need offensive D. Sanheim could help. Vrbata could help Philly with scoring. I believe he could bring one of these 2 back in return.

Thoughts

Good job...I prefer trade proposals like these,where we get an actual player who is showing signs that he can play at the NHL level, as opposed to proposals where we get a draft pick. We already have picks, so unless we are improving our draft standing, let's get real players with potential in return.

And to CANUKTRAVELLA...the reason teams make deals for established NHL players at the TD is because it will help their own club compete in the playoffs. What you mentioned is an off-season trade. The second a team calls to inquire about the availability of a certain NHL player (ie/ Vrbata/Hamhuis) they have essentially put themselves in the buyers seat in the negotiation. We have what they want, and they're gonna have to pay to get it. So no extra high picks needed from us. If it's the NHL ready vet they want (to fill out their roster for a deeper cup run) and it's a blue-chip prospect coming back our way, well then we'll compensate them with a depth prospect or pick, but that's about it. Gotta play tough GM in those situations.

If Tampa has the potential to run deep at trade deadline,. Maybe a move like that brings us a late first round pick in 2016.   Would be really nice if Virbata started to nail some of the chances he has had ..  His points total would be way up there.

Would we want Drouin back is some package of Vrby and Hammer?  Or is he too much of a bust?

Okay,

I know the kid has tonnes of talent, so thought a change of scenery might get more out of him.

.. and my thoughts are we clear close to 10m at the trade deadline & pick up a good draft pick,... Add that pick (with our 1st and (2nd via Tortarella :) ) .

This leaves us shopping with 10m for a bullet like Stamkos ... Using our picks and moving up higher in the 2016 draft? 

.. and my thoughts are we clear close to 10m at the trade deadline & pick up a good draft pick,... Add that pick (with our 1st and (2nd via Tortarella :) ) .

This leaves us shopping with 10m for a bullet like Stamkos ... Using our picks and moving up higher in the 2016 draft? 

I like it A LOT !!!  Phone JB!

I like it A LOT !!!  Phone JB!

Been thinking where these 2 may end up at deadline day. May even still be here. But why not trade them? Their returns can help us down the road and with what rental players can fetch now a days we should cash in. 2 teams I'd explore trades routes with would be Tampa Bay and Philli (pending they are in the playoff picture).

Tampa Bay ; Targets would be, Adam Erne, Anthony Deangelo or Nikita Kucherov. People may think Kucherov would be untouchable but Tampa needs to resign Stamkos (if he even stays). Kucherov will get a decent payday, just not from Tampa. They could use either/or of Vrbata or Hamhuis as playoff rentals. I'd say Hamhuis better fits them though for a playoff run because like they say defence wins you championships. Deangelo would shore up our defence pool. Solid offensive defence man even though there are some issues, they can be solved with time. He is young after all. Erne is another good young point getter, I'd include Jensen in the deal and feel Erne is an upgrade. Kucherov would fit in with the youth movement. Would be a good addition to Horvats wing. Proven scorer.

Philly; Targets Samuel Morin and/or Travis Sanheim. Morin is huge. Solid stay at home defence. Needs development time but would be a solid add to the defence prospects pool we don't have. Could be our very own Chara. Sanheim is offensively gifted. Like I said we need a D prospect pool. We also need offensive D. Sanheim could help. Vrbata could help Philly with scoring. I believe he could bring one of these 2 back in return.

Thoughts

If Tampa has the potential to run deep at trade deadline,. Maybe a move like that brings us a late first round pick in 2016.   Would be really nice if Virbata started to nail some of the chances he has had ..  His points total would be way up there.

..This leaves us shopping.. with 10m for a bullet like Stamkos ... Using our picks and moving up higher in the 2016 draft? 

... And in the 2016 Draft,  A. Mathews.. Bar Down. http://www.tsn.ca/top-prospect-matthews-to-play-in-zurich-1.342161

Philly has Voracek and Simmonds one and two at RW. Even IF they were in the play off race > Vrbata would not be their target. Hextall has also has signalled patience since arriving. Made none of the characteristic futile moves of Philly past. I don't see that one?

Doubt you are going to get Kucherov! Or Drouin? At least not for a simple rental. That would be a hockey trade. Stevie Y is too smart.

But I could easily see Tampa as a viable buyer. Although they don't need Vrbata. But with some twists?

The thing they need more than any other is cap relief. To sign Stamkos. Then to gear up for a run. I could see Deangelo easily being on the table and he is an astute target BTW. This trade does both for TB;

To Tampa: Dan Hamhuis, 3rd.

To Vancouver: Matt Carle & Anthony Deangelo.

Philly has Voracek and Simmonds one and two at RW. Even IF they were in the play off race > Vrbata would not be their target. Hextall has also has signalled patience since arriving. Made none of the characteristic futile moves of Philly past. I don't see that one?

Doubt you are going to get Kucherov! Or Drouin? At least not for a simple rental. That would be a hockey trade. Stevie Y is too smart.

But I could easily see Tampa as a viable buyer. Although they don't need Vrbata. But with some twists?

The thing they need more than any other is cap relief. To sign Stamkos. Then to gear up for a run. I could see Deangelo easily being on the table and he is an astute target BTW. This trade does both for TB;

To Tampa: Dan Hamhuis, 3rd.

To Vancouver: Matt Carle & Anthony Deangelo.

.. Still,   I dont think Stamkos is Untouchable,.  Tampas' moves are going to be interesting.

.. Still,   I dont think Stamkos is Untouchable,.  Tampas' moves are going to be interesting.

I don't think too many bid on trading for Stamkos without being able to negotiate with him part and parcel.

He would cost waaaaaaay too much in assets for a rental.

That aside, not untouchable at all...

I do salivate at the thought of having $12 mill to throw at Stamkos as UFA!

Next year;

Danny Hank Stamkos    > The Twins final get an all star right winger to compliment them :wub:

Two years time, Stamkos 28, Twins last year;

Shinakruk Stamkos Boeser

Baertschi McCann Virtanen

Danny Hank Sutter

Gaunce Horvat Hansen

Cassels

Edler Deangelo

Hutton Tanev

Pedan Subban

Tryamkin Sbisa

Demko

Markstrom!