The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal (Hamhuis/Vrbata)

I don't think too many bid on trading for Stamkos without being able to negotiate with him part and parcel.

He would cost waaaaaaay too much in assets for a rental.

That aside, not untouchable at all...

I do salivate at the thought of having $12 mill to throw at Stamkos as UFA!

Next year;

Danny Hank Stamkos    > The Twins final get an all star right winger to compliment them :wub:

Two years time, Stamkos 28, Twins last year;

Shinakruk Stamkos Boeser

Baertschi McCann Virtanen

Danny Hank Sutter

Gaunce Horvat Hansen

Cassels

Edler Deangelo

Hutton Tanev

Pedan Subban

Tryamkin Sbisa

Demko

Markstrom!

Twins go out with a bang! :wacko:

ultimately,  Stamkos is a UFA.. not sure if there is a No Trade clause.. IF there is, Stevie Y's hands might be tied.

If I was Stamkos,  a great player looking for a bit more money,. and a LOT MORE fanbase,. Im listening to offers cause i (Stamkos) have worked all my young life for this moment.

This scenario could even let Virbata and Hamhuis go for nothing just to clear the cap space.(just sayin' ;)

regardless, we stand in a great position  for the next couple of years..

thanks to our group of competitive prospects, Mike Gillis, Jim Benning, and of course,. Tort's,. for signing with the Blue Jackets and sending back an anonymous 2nd round  2016 draft pick, who might stack us up higher come draft day. B)  

Philly has Voracek and Simmonds one and two at RW. Even IF they were in the play off race > Vrbata would not be their target. Hextall has also has signalled patience since arriving. Made none of the characteristic futile moves of Philly past. I don't see that one?

Doubt you are going to get Kucherov! Or Drouin? At least not for a simple rental. That would be a hockey trade. Stevie Y is too smart.

But I could easily see Tampa as a viable buyer. Although they don't need Vrbata. But with some twists?

The thing they need more than any other is cap relief. To sign Stamkos. Then to gear up for a run. I could see Deangelo easily being on the table and he is an astute target BTW. This trade does both for TB;

To Tampa: Dan Hamhuis, 3rd.

To Vancouver: Matt Carle & Anthony Deangelo.

Why couldn't you get Kucherov though? He is up for a new contract at the end of the year and with the numbers he has been putting up he is due for a raise. It will be tough for them to retain both Stamkos and Kucherov. So if you bring in a Hamhuis or Vrbata, who you can let walk at the end of the season you will be gaining that cap relief. Something has to give in Tampa. Someone they don't want to trade will be needed to traded to sign Stamkos... Or they bit the bullet and cash in on Christmas on Stamkos and the assets he could bring back in a trade.

Habs need a 2nd line RW

I like Eller. Maybe he can do with a culture change. Heck maybe Hansen and him can have some Danish connection and pair well together on a line. Prospect wise I'd go after Jacob De La Rose. Heard lots of good about him. Don't know if Mon would be willing though.

Why couldn't you get Kucherov though? He is up for a new contract at the end of the year and with the numbers he has been putting up he is due for a raise. It will be tough for them to retain both Stamkos and Kucherov. So if you bring in a Hamhuis or Vrbata, who you can let walk at the end of the season you will be gaining that cap relief. Something has to give in Tampa. Someone they don't want to trade will be needed to traded to sign Stamkos... Or they bit the bullet and cash in on Christmas on Stamkos and the assets he could bring back in a trade.

Kucherov had 22 points in 25 play off games. Playing on the 2knd line. And he's 22. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they can and should make room for him.

They'll let Coburn walk UFA and either trade or buyout Carle > poof $10 mill! B) 

Its enough money for increases on both Stamkos and Kucherov.

Archived