The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kevin Poulin to Flames

Before Luongo, we had a goalie graveyard. I'm pretty sure that's what he's referring to.

And I think it would be funny if we send off goalies to other teams like the BC Lions do quarterbacks. lol

You are correct, thanks for clearing this up...Elvis just likes to lurk around for opportunities to troll people.

I think Alberta in general has been a goalie graveyard ever since Kipper retired and Edmonton got that good run out of Roloson.  Just look at how bad Dubnyk was for the Oilers.

To be fair, Dubnyk wasn't the only bad goalie for the Oilers in recent memory. He's not bad of a goalie and was decent while he was on the Oilers. It's only now that he's on the Wild that he's showing flashes of brilliance because the Wild have top notch defensemen who can keep shots to the outside. Look how Scrivens, Khabibulan, and most recently Fasth turned out when playing for the Oilers.

Only exception to this is maybe NJ who ended up getting really lucky and paid next to nothing for schneider at draft day.

Bo horvat is next to nothing??? :picard:

That 9th overall pick happens to be the highest draft pick ever traded for a goalie.

Had Gillis not tried to do an end run around contract rules and not given Luongo a ridiculous contract, we'd have Schneider as our starter. 

Had Gillis just bit the bullet offered 6 mill per year for 4-5 years. We would have gotten more for Luongo, and had Schneider and Lack, and Demko to take his time developing.

As it stands We have Miller, Markstrom, and Demko in the wings. We're fine in net for now. Our defence is the real problem. 

Bo horvat is next to nothing??? :picard:

That 9th overall pick happens to be the highest draft pick ever traded for a goalie.

Yea they gave up only a 1st for an up and coming goalie that's already established.

I'm pretty sure that i'm going to get a lot of agreement on this board that Schneider was worth more than Just a 1st. That first turned out to be Horvat which is great .. but it could have just as easily been just another player if we didn't draft well. Point is he was traded for a 1st only.

Yea they gave up only a 1st for an up and coming goalie that's already established.

I'm pretty sure that i'm going to get a lot of agreement on this board that Schneider was worth more than Just a 1st. That first turned out to be Horvat which is great .. but it could have just as easily been just another player if we didn't draft well. Point is he was traded for a 1st only.

That isn't saying much when CDC routinely overvalues every single player on the roster.

That isn't saying much when CDC routinely overvalues every single player on the roster.

I think i would agree with you if it was any other player. Schneider is a starter on most NHL teams this season and he's doing a fine job for NJ. Horvat is a great future player for us and we're lucky to land him at 9. That said, try to understand that we landed just a single pick for a young established franchise goalie. That first is now Bo Horvat but that's beside the point.

I think i would agree with you if it was any other player. Schneider is a starter on most NHL teams this season and he's doing a fine job for NJ. Horvat is a great future player for us and we're lucky to land him at 9. That said, try to understand that we landed just a single pick for a young established franchise goalie. That first is now Bo Horvat but that's beside the point.

Semantics, but I'd argue that Schneider wasn't an established franchise goalie while he was here as a backup to Lu. He only became established once he was given the chance in New Jersey.

I'm happy with the return we got, Horvat looks great in a Nucks uni.

12 hours ago, Green Building said:

Semantics, but I'd argue that Schneider wasn't an established franchise goalie while he was here as a backup to Lu. He only became established once he was given the chance in New Jersey.

I'm happy with the return we got, Horvat looks great in a Nucks uni.

I disagree. I believe he was already established since he had proved he was better than Luongo while with Canucks. He had enough games under his belt and had played enough crucial games for Canucks to steal the job away.

That said, i agree i love Horvat. I think he's got a long way to go to become an offensive threat. But i love that we have productive young forwards in our lineup

Archived