The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Matt Duchene might be moved?

Pears

Maybe you're right but I also wouldn't be surprised if they split the difference to get a forward back too.

Gardiner can certainly move the puck, something that Colorado could use, and I expect that Sweet Lou will be all over this offer. I don't think they'd give up Rielly but Toronto might move heaven and earth to make that deal work with every other piece. 

So, yeah...Colorado might be targeting another D but they could also just take the best package offered. 

Unless if they were looking to continue trades after the deal, I don't really see how just taking the best package would really benefit them, at least when compared to getting the D-man they want. Wouldn't it be more beneficial for them to keep Duchene if they can't get that D-man?

Unless if they were looking to continue trades after the deal, I don't really see how just taking the best package would really benefit them, at least when compared to getting the D-man they want. Wouldn't it be more beneficial for them to keep Duchene if they can't get that D-man?

Not if the coach doesn't want him. Apparently they don't think he's a center.

St. Patrick did the same with ROR. Sakic will need to keep dealing anyway...they aren't a single deal from being a Cup contender. 

Let's see what happens. 

Not if the coach doesn't want him. Apparently they don't think he's a center.

St. Patrick did the same with ROR. Sakic will need to keep dealing anyway...they aren't a single deal from being a Cup contender. 

Let's see what happens. 

True. I can see how that pressure could happen. I haven't really read much of this thread, but I'd be fine with trading Edler and Gaunce for him, or similar deal, provided what you say is true. I'd hate to see either player go, but sometimes you have to give to get.

EDIT: Perhaps I'll make a thread about that in the proposals. I've like.... never made a thread there lol

To Col

murray Atkinson And 2017 1st pick

for 

To CBJ

Duchene and 4th round pick

or

To Col

Burakovsky, Orlov and 1st pick 2016

for

To Wsh:

Duchene 4th round pick

CBJ cannot afford to give up Murray!

He's also worth significant value.

Orlov is not a good enough lure IMO.

To Toronto

Gardiner, Kadri, pick. 

Calling it. 

Expensive!

Makes a lot of sense though...

I get the impression that Colorado is dangling Duchene to get a better D-man than Gardiner.

Nashville and New Jersey seem the best fits. New Jersey desperately needs a player like him, and has the chips (Larsson or Severson) to do it.

Yes, but can Jersey give up Severson or Larsson?

My view is they have no right handed depth behind those two on D. They need Larsson's size & cant Sever losing Damons puck moving ability. 

There is quality, but not near the same excitement in acquiring Gelinas or Merril? But Gelinas is huge and can bomb the puck at the net.  Would Gelinas, Blackwood & a 2017 1st do the trick?

CBJ cannot afford to give up Murray!

He's also worth significant value.

Orlov is not a good enough lure IMO.

Expensive!

Makes a lot of sense though...

My view is they have no right handed depth behind those two on D. They need Larsson's size & cant Sever losing Damons puck moving ability. 

There is quality, but not near the same excitement in acquiring Gelinas or Merril? But Gelinas is huge and can bomb the puck at the net.  Would Gelinas, Blackwood & a 2017 1st do the trick?

I could really see New Jersey being a good fit, but that kind of a deal would probably need to wait until the draft/summer. They could really use a player of Duchene's calibre. 

I appreciate all the creative thinking but I think the Canucks are better served staying the course with the forwards we have and looking to trade for a top d-man or the picks to draft one.

Colorado aren't trading from a position of weakness so they can pretty much name their price for Duchene which will be pretty much out of reach of practicality. 

Colorado is looking for a young D-man who is already top-4, not more maybes. Larsson or Severson are the only ones that would really pique their interest.

Also, they are deeper on the right side than they are on the left. The next 3 D prospects in line for New Jersey are arguably Steve Santini, Joshua Jacobs, and Raman Hrabarenka - all righties.

I'll echo what others have said I suppose, if he goes anywhere I could definitely see it being Nashville. Their defense is the deepest in the NHL, and they'd likely just develop another gem after snagging Duchene. Jones perhaps?

Think it's weird they're trying to move him, but I suppose you've got to give quality to get it. Will be interesting to see if this drags out, the longer the rumours persist the more a distraction it'll be for their struggling squad.

I'll echo what others have said I suppose, if he goes anywhere I could definitely see it being Nashville. Their defense is the deepest in the NHL, and they'd likely just develop another gem after snagging Duchene. Jones perhaps?

Think it's weird they're trying to move him, but I suppose you've got to give quality to get it. Will be interesting to see if this drags out, the longer the rumours persist the more a distraction it'll be for their struggling squad.

I would think if jones became available there would be a bidding war on him. Edm, Col, buffalo all have big center assets they can afford to lose. 

I would think if jones became available there would be a bidding war on him. Edm, Col, buffalo all have big center assets they can afford to lose. 

Oh absolutely, I think he'd end up in Colorado or Buffalo over Edmonton though. Nashville would likely want proven assets as opposed to futures and short of Eberle I don't think Edmonton would be willing to give those away. Hall or Nuge certainly wouldn't be moving.

Oh absolutely, I think he'd end up in Colorado or Buffalo over Edmonton though. Nashville would likely want proven assets as opposed to futures and short of Eberle I don't think Edmonton would be willing to give those away. Hall or Nuge certainly wouldn't be moving.

Colorado really doesn't have the center depth be in the bidding after losing stastny and oriellly  

Edm has mcdavid, Draisatl and nuge down the middle. I fully expect one of them to be moved. Likely nuge to be honest. 

Buf has eichel, Oriellly Reinhart.  

But in reality. NSH won't be moving jones. Ellis will go before jones. 

I love how people are so imaginable with their proposals and sometimes forget to remember reality.

Think about it. Colorado has 29 teams they can talk to, who all for the most part have much more attractive assets than the Canucks do. A former 3rd overall pick that has speed and can put up 70+ points? What team wouldn't want a player like that? Colorado can get what they ask for from pretty much every team in the league.  

Sadly, a Duchene to Vancouver move would be one of the last scenarios truly happening.

Colorado really doesn't have the center depth be in the bidding after losing stastny and oriellly  

Edm has mcdavid, Draisatl and nuge down the middle. I fully expect one of them to be moved. Likely nuge to be honest. 

Buf has eichel, Oriellly Reinhart.  

But in reality. NSH won't be moving jones. Ellis will go before jones. 

Ellis has 3 more years left on his deal, which is a steal by the way. I don't think Nashville has any defensive prospects ready for top 6 minutes in the NHL just yet so that's out of the question.

Ship has sailed on Edler folks. Even in a package he's not fetching a player of Duchene's caliber unless the rest of the package is a big overpayment. Hamhuis is still solid but is aging and has lost a step plus he's a free agent so not happening there either. Hutton's potential could intrigue them but is still a couple years away and they're looking for an impact defenceman now. Only D-man offered that might get something done would be Tanev but we'd have to add a couple good assets and our D would be an absolute mess without him. In short, we are not good trade partners with Colorado.

Archived