The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning says Sedins will retire as Canucks

Gyllenhaal

Good, I like the commitment to them since they have been the face (intentionally left singular) of the franchise for nearly 10 years after Naslund was allowed to test free agency.

I could see them having roles in Sweden (as Canuck employees) when they retire - one as a scout, the other as director of player development of Swedish prospects.

Damn, Mr. Benning is smart... what's he really saying is... 

Lets rush the twins into retirement... and give the team's future a chance to arrive quicker.

Tactics... don't you love them ?

Actually, that's what you're saying. There's a difference.

But hey, if the media makes stuff up why can't you right?

This just increased their trade value! You always want what you can't have!

But seriously, the Sedins are basically the second coming of Gretzky x2 and the NHL will most-likely never come across this kind of talent again. The odds of another pair of twins making the NHL are 0 to none.

I hope they stay Canucks for life. 

Well, maybe not zero...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/twins-kevin-and-kelly-klima-trying-to-land-spots-on-moncton-wildcats-1.3205717

That's your opinion. I doubt it's the opinion of a lot of other people and it only takes people's mindsets to make a hero.

No... it take accomplished deeds... to be a hero... the twins have accomplished to make themselves stars... that's it.

That's All There Ever Was and That's All It Will Ever Be.

did you lose your keys or something?  Sports personalities are not heroes.

Okay....

What kind of keys are you taking about? Car keys? Keyboard keys? Piano keys? By sports personalities do you mean TSN or the players? What meds are you on? Can I have some?....

I sort of expect them to retire here. The only reason they'd leave is if management wanted them to leave, because I can't see the twins wanting to leave. They'll be forever regarded as legends in the annals of Canucks history.

No... it take accomplished deeds... to be a hero... the twins have accomplished to make themselves stars... that's it.

But, if no one acknowledges the deeds of what "should" be a hero, then that person is not a hero. Similarly, if a person does a few deeds to make many people respect them and view them as a hero, then that person can be deemed as a hero.

Society and people choose who the heros are, not the deeds themselves.

Okay....

What kind of keys are you taking about? Car keys? Keyboard keys? Piano keys? By sports personalities do you mean TSN or the players? What meds are you on? Can I have some?....

you are great.  I like that you don't use personal insults to get your point across.  Yes, I do take medication - blister packs of it - but most people my age do. :rolleyes:  I don't think you would want any though: your lock might stop functioning smoothly.^_^

They became stars, were able to make millions of dollars and donate millions of dollars to organizations like the BC Children's Hospital to help kids with diseases like cancer... sounds pretty heroic to me.

They became stars, were able to make millions of dollars and donate millions of dollars to organizations like the BC Children's Hospital to help kids with diseases like cancer... sounds pretty heroic to me.

You're right... and I bet they took the credit for it while accepting the Tax-Deductions too... True Heros, EH??

You're right... and I bet they took the credit for it while accepting the Tax-Deductions too... True Heros, EH??

They sure did take the credit. After the hospital talked them into it because they figured it would help convince others to donate as well. The donation was originally meant to be anonymous.

And you're only a hero if you don't take the deduction?

I'll bet you think Santa Claus is a child molester, too.

You do realize there's a motive for hospitals to have the donations make them open right?

Hospitals are hoping a well-known celebrity's fame can draw in more donations. Sedins, for example, wanted their donations to be anonymous, yet Children's Hospital (if i'm not mistaken) pushed for them to reveal their identities.

Also, tax exemptions are meant as an incentive to donate.

Let's just say that you're an ignorant person and we'll leave it at that.

Archived