The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning says Sedins will retire as Canucks

Gyllenhaal

They sure did take the credit. After the hospital talked them into it because they figured it would help convince others to donate as well. The donation was originally meant to be anonymous.

And you're only a hero if you don't take the deduction?

I'll bet you think Santa Claus is a child molester, too.

How come you guys aren't talking about their string of Cups ?

Because you don't understand... that's the one thing they can't take credit for... 

Get your heads together...

If you want good-will ambassadors... don't first hire them to be pro-hockey players.

This just increased their trade value! You always want what you can't have!

But seriously, the Sedins are basically the second coming of Gretzky x2 and the NHL will most-likely never come across this kind of talent again. The odds of another pair of twins making the NHL are 0 to none.

I hope they stay Canucks for life.

The Sutter twins, Ron and Rich, and the Sundstrom twins, Patrick and Peter have already done it so it is definitely possible to have it again.

Wouldn't it be nice... after over 45 years of history... We'd Have One Hero That Won It for Us???

But No... We're forced to Believe That Players who didn't Win It for Us are our Heroes... Why??

I simply don't understand why your standards are "so low" after so many years of disappointment.

I guess The Leafs Standard is becoming appealing for you. 

The Sutter twins, Ron and Rich, and the Sundstrom twins, Patrick and Peter have already done it so it is definitely possible to have it again.

It's definitely possible. It was just an expression "0 to none". But the chance another pair of twins go 2 and 3 at the draft is unlikely. They will probably be the only Hall of Famers who are twins from any of the Big 4 sports. The closest are Horace and Harvey Grant from the NBA.

Good to hear, as long as they retire at the end of this contract or re-sign for 3rd line money, otherwise...

On a different note, I heard something today that was so abstract that I had to share with the group:

I'm at the checkout line at Rona. The cashier was acting kinda tired so I said "well, at least you can head home soon, crack a beer and watch the game" to which she replied "what game"? Since I wasn't talking Thursday night football I advised her that the Nucks were playing the Sens to which she blurted out "GO SENS"! I said "Go Sens? Huh?" (assuming she was from the Least Coast). She said, and I am NOT kidding here, she actually said this..."I'll cheer for the Canucks when the Sedins retire. They're (are you ready for this, have a seat) TOO COCKY". She said Henrik and Daniel Sedin are too cocky. So of course I was like:

:huh:

"Never heard that before I said...never"!

I think its been generally known that they would retire in Vancouver based on how hard it would be to move them, but for Benning to come out and confirm it is great.

Henrik and Daniel are the two best players in Canuck history, and to have them retire here is great. They deserve everything they have earned and more. I think us as fans will only realize how truly special they were and the positive impact they had on the team and the community once they retire.

No, A lot of us already realize this and have realized it for several years. We just won't know what it will be like without them yet.

Wouldn't it be nice... after over 45 years of history... We'd Have One Hero That Won It for Us???

But No... We're forced to Believe That Players who didn't Win It for Us are our Heroes... Why??

I simply don't understand why your standards are "so low" after so many years of disappointment.

I guess The Leafs Standard is becoming appealing for you. 

lol what?

I like the game of hockey more than just the need for a cup. If hockey was entirely about winning the cup then 29 teams each year should be hating themselves. My standards are fine.

I have a suggestion for you: lighten up, stop attacking other people here who disagree with you, and you'll likely be a happier person as a result.

Even Bonnie Tyler didn't mention the Stanley Cup in her song!....

How come you guys aren't talking about their string of Cups ?

Because you don't understand... that's the one thing they can't take credit for... 

Get your heads together...

If you want good-will ambassadors... don't first hire them to be pro-hockey players.

I'm sure the fact that the Canucks continue to hire them as pro hockey players has nothing to do with their immense talent for, you know, playing hockey.

No... it take accomplished deeds... to be a hero... the twins have accomplished to make themselves stars... that's it.

That's All There Ever Was and That's All It Will Ever Be.

I'm betting that there's doctors, nurses, parents and children that will disagree with you. If they were just rich philanthropists and donated millions they'd be hailed as local heroes. So just because they're hockey players they shouldn't be considered the same? Notice how they donated to a children's foundation in Canada...not Sweden? That's a TRUE local hero. The definition of hero is ALWAYS in the eye of the bestower. A small child looks up at his dad and sees a hero...does it make it any less true if his dad was a pro athlete?

I'm betting that there's doctors, nurses, parents and children that will disagree with you. If they were just rich philanthropists and donated millions they'd be hailed as local heroes. So just because they're hockey players they shouldn't be considered the same? Notice how they donated to a children's foundation in Canada...not Sweden? That's a TRUE local hero. The definition of hero is ALWAYS in the eye of the bestower. A small child looks up at his dad and sees a hero...does it make it any less true if his dad was a pro athlete?

But almost every pro-player "pays it back" in someway or another and Yes it is "Noble" ...

But buddy... we still ain't got a cup.

But almost every pro-player "pays it back" in someway or another and Yes it is "Noble" ...

But buddy... we still ain't got a cup.

So a hero is someone who wins a sports trophy, not someone who donates out of their own pocket to potentially save the lives of children. Got it. Thanks for your definition.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're a GEN-X'er...man the world is screwed.

So a hero is someone who wins a sports trophy, not someone who donates out of their own pocket to potentially save the lives of children. Got it. Thanks for your definition.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're a GEN-X'er...man the world is screwed.

Do you reilize that we are talking about a "SPORTS TEAM"...

Not About the Twins being social-giants like... Gandhi ??

Archived