The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning says Sedins will retire as Canucks

Gyllenhaal

I hope this means they will re-tire as coaches and not players.

They don't have to wait until they're coaches...they can head over to Fountain Tire right now and get 4 for 3.

JK...I agree, they could at least be scouts in Sweden or something.

Do you reilize that we are talking about a "SPORTS TEAM"...

Not About the Twins being social-giants like... Gandhi ??

We are talking about Hank and Dank Sedin. Local heroes. That is all. I'm sorry they don't meet your ridiculously pompous definition of heroes. Again, head on over to the Children's Hospital website and see if your "the Sedins aren't heroes" schtick will gain any traction over there. I think you'll be flamed to ashes over there too.

The general consensus amongst Canucks fans is that they are 2 of the greatest players to ever don a Nucks uniform. IN ADDITION to all that they are humble humanitarians and are deeply respected by teammates, opponents and league officials alike. I suspect there are also some families who have benefited from their generosity who feel the same...as I do.

Good to hear, as long as they retire at the end of this contract or re-sign for 3rd line money, otherwise...

On a different note, I heard something today that was so abstract that I had to share with the group:

I'm at the checkout line at Rona. The cashier was acting kinda tired so I said "well, at least you can head home soon, crack a beer and watch the game" to which she replied "what game"? Since I wasn't talking Thursday night football I advised her that the Nucks were playing the Sens to which she blurted out "GO SENS"! I said "Go Sens? Huh?" (assuming she was from the Least Coast). She said, and I am NOT kidding here, she actually said this..."I'll cheer for the Canucks when the Sedins retire. They're (are you ready for this, have a seat) TOO COCKY". She said Henrik and Daniel Sedin are too cocky. So of course I was like:

:huh:

"Never heard that before I said...never"!

That is a strange thing to hear. Too cocky..wtf?

O btw Ottawa nor Ontario is on the east coast.

That is a strange thing to hear. Too cocky..wtf?

O btw Ottawa nor Ontario is on the east coast.

Thanks for the geography lesson bud...I was trying be punny with "Least Coast"...I knew it was a stretch but I couldn't come up with anything punny about "north east kinda central but not so much probably a bit more east than central."

We are talking about Hank and Dank Sedin. Local heroes. That is all. I'm sorry they don't meet your ridiculously pompous definition of heroes. Again, head on over to the Children's Hospital website and see if your "the Sedins aren't heroes" schtick will gain any traction over there. I think you'll be flamed to ashes over there too.

The general consensus amongst Canucks fans is that they are 2 of the greatest players to ever don a Nucks uniform. IN ADDITION to all that they are humble humanitarians and are deeply respected by teammates, opponents and league officials alike. I suspect there are also some families who have benefited from their generosity who feel the same...as I do.

Stan Smyl... to many of us in "Vancouver"... is the only Worthy Canuck Hero!!

Now go peddle your papers to the others who have no idea what TRUE Canuck HEART is all about !!!

Stan Smyl... to many of us in "Vancouver"... is the only Worthy Canuck Hero!!

Now go peddle your papers to the others who have no idea what TRUE Canuck HEART is all about !!!

I think you're the only one who agrees with you on this subject there son. Therefore I don't believe I'm peddling anything, I believe I speak for the whole group when we, the ones who decide who OUR heroes are, would decidedly put the Sedins right up there. BTW, Stan Smyl has won the exact same number of cups as the Sedins have...but he doesn't have an Art Ross, a Hart OR a Lindsay (you know the one where all the other players in the league vote for their MVP)...sooo...just sayin'

Thanks for the geography lesson bud...I was trying be punny with "Least Coast"...I knew it was a stretch but I couldn't come up with anything punny about "north east kinda central but not so much probably a bit more east than central."

I was only messing with you pal, in fact I have never heard "least coast" before, I like that one and think I will use it in the future.

I'm really just completely baffled to what that cashier in Rona said to you. Mind boggling.

I was only messing with you pal, in fact I have never heard "least coast" before, I like that one and think I will use it in the future.

I'm really just completely baffled to what that cashier in Rona said to you. Mind boggling.

No kidding. I have enough of a fight on my hands when people call them "soft"...let alone calling them cocky. I was just stumped by that one, totally unprepared.

And I know you were just messing with me...you are one of the more respected posters on here...unlike someone (something?) else I could name. Damn, when did I get so passive aggressive?

I think you're the only one who agrees with you on this subject there son. Therefore I don't believe I'm peddling anything, I believe I speak for the whole group when we, the ones who decide who OUR heroes are, would decidedly put the Sedins right up there. BTW, Stan Smyl has won the exact same number of cups as the Sedins have...but he doesn't have an Art Ross, a Hart OR a Lindsay (you know the one where all the other players in the league vote for their MVP)...sooo...just sayin'

Stan Smyl has got a Memorial Cup thanks to a Team who got it together and won it all... Twice !!

Then he became the Captain of a Team that never supported him, yet every single night he fought almost alone at times in order to prove to ???FANS??? what True Canuck Heart Is and he didn't need his brother to babysit him while he bleed for our Team!!!

He's West Coast not Red Dear !!

Stan Smyl has got a Memorial Cup thanks to a Team who got it together and won it all... Twice !!

Then he became the Captain of a Team that never supported him, yet every single night he fought almost alone at times in order to prove to ???FANS??? what True Canuck Heart Is and he didn't need his brother to babysit him while he bleed for our Team!!!

Settle down. Why would U knock either player???  All beauties in their own ways....

Damn, Mr. Benning is smart... what's he really saying is... 

Lets rush the twins into retirement... and give the team's future a chance to arrive quicker.

Tactics... don't you love them ?

This is what pissed you off in the first place... anything I have written since has to do with your inability to comprhend.

Good Night kids ..

Now don't forget to pray for sweet dreams for the twins... who Cares About The Dreams of the Real Canuck Fans... 

By the way... Is there a Charity for Us ???

Actually he was born in Glendon Alberta. Whereas I was born in Burnaby.

Dude. Seriously. You need to stop. You are digging yourself in a massive hole and you won't be able to comeback without a name (and attitude) change.

Only a disgusting troll would try to discredit people based on the fact that they've donated to a freakin' children's hospital. 

The Sedins and their families will always be welcomed with open arms by the people of Vancouver, and their numbers will be immortalized in Canucks history. So the sooner a certain troll comes to terms with these facts, the better off that person will be. 

I'm glad they want to stick it out in Vancouver no matter what. Hopefully in another couple of years they'll have a chance at a lengthy playoff run in secondary rolls.

I don't think they'll be secondary unless they play until 40+. 

Maybe if we trade for Crosby and Ovechkin... Still would prefer sedins though on the first line. =) 

Only a disgusting troll would try to discredit people based on the fact that they've donated to a freakin' children's hospital. 

The Sedins and their families will always be welcomed with open arms by the people of Vancouver, and their numbers will be immortalized in Canucks history. So the sooner a certain troll comes to terms with these facts, the better off that person will be. 

Good Try... Troll !!

You know what...I apologize. This has gotten way out of hand. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, and as such, so is everyone else. I feel the Sedins are local heroes, clearly you don't. Nice to meet you.

Oh, and the camera adds 25 pounds, and 10 years. :P

Archived