The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning says Sedins will retire as Canucks

Gyllenhaal

The biggest, as far as I know, was made public. But they likely made anonymous donations since then. They never wanted to make that one public but did because they wanted others to donate as well. The utter disrespect is shameful.

Ain't it kind of you to point out one remark while leaving out another. 

That's "YOUR VERSION" of Respect !!!

Congrats!!

The key to the whole "will the Sedins retire as Canucks" discussion boils down to a couple of things. Firstly, how much longer do the Sedins want to play in the NHL grind. Secondly is how much $ do they want to make during the remainder of their careers. Thirdly how much are the Canucks willing to pay them while they play out the string. I think it goes without saying that if the twins re-sign with us it will be for a lot more money than they are realistically worth as effective players; they make 7 mil now and would very likely want at least 5 mil a year to re-sign. depending on the Canucks plans for the future the big question is can we afford 10 mil for what will certainly be second liners. The Naslund affair was instructive in this regard; he had basically been grossly overpaid during his last contract and the Canuck knew that they couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted so they simply let him walk to the Rangers who paid him well and lived to regret it. Doubt that will happen here but, hey, you never know. Hockey IS a business first and foremost.

I'm not sure if the -boneheads are aware of this, but not one Canadian team has won the Cup in the Butteman era. It's not a coincidence. That doesn't diminish what the Sedins have accomplished on and off the ice. I consider them exemplary citizens and don't mind them finishing their careers here. They will get their numbers retired after all is said and done. All the whining in the world won't change that.

I'm not sure if the -boneheads are aware of this, but not one Canadian team has won the Cup in the Butteman era. It's not a coincidence. That doesn't diminish what the Sedins have accomplished on and off the ice. I consider them exemplary citizens and don't mind them finishing their careers here. They will get their numbers retired after all is said and done. All the whining in the world won't change that.

IMO they should be first ballot HHOFers too.  They are trophy winners, scoring title winners, elite players,probably will be 1000 point players, world champs, and Olympic champs.  On their hockey merit they should be in the HHOF when they are eligible.  As professionals, and community spirit persons they should be honoured for sure.

The biggest, as far as I know, was made public. But they likely made anonymous donations since then. They never wanted to make that one public but did because they wanted others to donate as well. The utter disrespect is shameful.

The Sedin's will be first ballot Hall Of Famers, they will go down as Heros of our Team and yes people like me will hope that after all this is said and done... We'll Have A Cup... too... right !?!?!?

but after all those years that wouldn't happen will it... 

Go Canucks Go. 

Bobby...Steamer didn't bring us a cup either.  I love the guy, but what's with the double standard?  You keep making the measuring stick "a cup" but you've included a hero who also didn't see that happen.  Doesn't diminish him in any way (it's a team game) and the Sedins are also part and parcel of that.

Not sure why you feel it's ok to praise Smyl (cupless) but slam the Sedins for their lack of a cup.  They have different games, but the skill and level of play the Sedins have mastered and brought to this team cannot be denied.  Even if they haven't raised a cup yet. 

The Sedin's will be first ballot Hall Of Famers, they will go down as Heros of our Team and yes people like me will hope that after all this is said and done... We'll Have A Cup... too... right !?!?!?

but after all those years that wouldn't happen will it... 

Go Canucks Go. 

sorry, this is too hard to understand.  Are you being sarcastic, and you think the Twins are not worth the positive posts they are getting?  If that's the case, I disagree with your opinion.  I would love for our team to win a Cup.  It's the Hockey Hall of Fame though, and the Twins international careers are taken into consideration too.  IMO their international careers, combined with their NHL careers add up to them being HHOF members.

Bobby...Steamer didn't bring us a cup either.  I love the guy, but what's with the double standard?  You keep making the measuring stick "a cup" but you've included a hero who also didn't see that happen.  Doesn't diminish him in any way (it's a team game) and the Sedins are also part and parcel of that.

Not sure why you feel it's ok to praise Smyl (cupless) but slam the Sedins for their lack of a cup.  They have different games, but the skill and level of play the Sedins have mastered and brought to this team cannot be denied.  Even if they haven't raised a cup yet. 

Stan has been bleeding for the lower-mainland for over 40 years now, as he will keep bleeding as long as we don't win the cup.

He's not alone, there's a whole bunch of us bleeding just like him.

How can I take away from the Glory of the Sedins... not only do I not have a right too... but there's also no personal reason for me to do it. 

But I was Threatened on this very site... Yet you have chosen to Single Me Out while you edit my posts and warned me in the process.

I find it Hypocritical how you so blatantly Fail To Protect Me, while you play... The card of Political Correctness.

Threats are not tolerated and were removed...we have to be directed to them in order to address them.

And you have not been innocent in the exchanges here so ...  be part of the solution (not the problem).  Let's keep to the topic now, in a moving forward way.  I am not singling you out...I am singling out an opinion that is pretty strong and harsh AGAINST the Sedins...which I find pretty inappropriate.  They have done nothing but good things here, so that's what I'm focused on.  The other stuff...it's done now.  Move on.

I volunteer here to moderate content, NOT as security.  And let's keep it real...you've dished out a fair bit and seem capable of "protecting" yourself.  The first step is removing yourself from a situation, I'm trying to help in that.  Let's talk hockey, shall we?  Last warning to do so (both behind the scenes and here).

Keeping the twins is the right move. We already have youth in the line-up, developing nicely, plus Hunter and Cole might be ready in the new year. I am expecting that we may move Hammer and Vrbata for picks at the deadline, then draft some high end defensive talent and go into free agency with close to $20M in cap space. I expect we could have as many as 8 young guys in the line-up next year, plus some good free agent acquisitions. We are, without a doubt, moving in the right direction.

On a somewhat different note....

Anyone wants to see Henrik and Daniel on Dancing with the Stars?  Would be pretty cool to have both competing against each other in another venue, lol.  Watching Sean Avery on the show was pretty funny, so have the twins might be good to watch. 

On a somewhat different note....

Anyone wants to see Henrik and Daniel on Dancing with the Stars?  Would be pretty cool to have both competing against each other in another venue, lol.  Watching Sean Avery on the show was pretty funny, so have the twins might be good to watch. 

we saw their dancing already, and as Swedish twins they were only so so.^_^

Threats are not tolerated and were removed...we have to be directed to them in order to address them.

And you have not been innocent in the exchanges here so ...  be part of the solution (not the problem).  Let's keep to the topic now, in a moving forward way.  I am not singling you out...I am singling out an opinion that is pretty strong and harsh AGAINST the Sedins...which I find pretty inappropriate.  They have done nothing but good things here, so that's what I'm focused on.  The other stuff...it's done now.  Move on.

I volunteer here to moderate content, NOT as security.  And let's keep it real...you've dished out a fair bit and seem capable of "protecting" yourself.  The first step is removing yourself from a situation, I'm trying to help in that.  Let's talk hockey, shall we?  Last warning to do so (both behind the scenes and here).

It was about me calling someone a Fat Boy wasn't it...

Now who found that Harsh and Inapproprite ...

Hank or Dan ???

Archived