The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friday Practice - New lines, Biega sent down, Sutter day to day

Ossi Vaananen

#Canucks update: Desjardins confirmed 1/both of Prust/Sbisa could re-join team on trip, as early as Saturday. Both skating in Van #TSN1040

News from #Canucks skate: Markstrom expected to get 1 of next 3 games remaining on road-trip, per Desjardins #TSN1040

Mcann with Vrbata is very interesting to me, two great shots on one line.

This makes a ton of sense to me. Two north / south speed guys. Offensive guys who can score. McCann who can also dangle and make plays.

Would prefer Burrows with them? 3rd wheel to fore-check, bang boards, go to the net... But Burrows has the better ability to integrate offensively. Edit still like choice of Higgins, worker bee as LW.

Interesting would also be Baertschi / McCann / Vrbata as our 2knd PP said Yoda!

Any comments on any other changes to the PP besides having hansen on PP1??

Like maybe take a certain Alexander off PP1 and have a certain Ben as replacement??

Question: if Bartkowski can move the puck up ice really well....how come he doesn't get a look on PP2?

Hmmn, maybe its because Bart was 27 years old before he got his first NHL goal? :unsure:

I will say we could really use Ben Hutton, as u are suggesting. Hutton with Edler, Hutton with Weber. I don't care! The other guy for the big shot. Ben to weave some magic as no one else on our D can with the puck!!!

I'm interested to see what McCann can do with two good offensive players on his line. He's played well with the grinders (Prust,Dorsett,Cracknell), he should be able to put up even more points playing with Vrbata and Higgins. Also happy to see Willy D give the Horvat Baertschi Virtanen line another shot. This is a must win, lose to the Leafs and the sky will be falling! Montreal and Winnipeg will be tough games, gotta get the 2 points in this one. GCG!

In their absence, Prust and Sbisa have proven their worth. The Canucks solely need them back. Hope they are not rushed.

Too true, Prust's impact as a solid team player is obvious and Sbisa often gets unfairly harsh treatment but he is an impact player when he is on his game which has become a lot more consistent this year.

Hope the kids put on a great show for Universe Central.and the nation to see.

It will be huge for McCann and Horvat because they live close to Universe Central ,...and I'm sure they'll both have a lot of friends and family there....Expect a lot of jump from both players.

Omg ur the worst man. 

I'm pretty sure he's just a troll. Best to just ignore him.

Too true, Prust's impact as a solid team player is obvious and Sbisa often gets unfairly harsh treatment but he is an impact player when he is on his game which has become a lot more consistent this year.

I'm happy to see that people are starting to view Sbisa in a better light on these forums. I've constantly felt the need to defend his young age, the fact that he's still developing his game, and the fact that defenders take longer to develop than forwards.

Archived