The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) STAMKOS. Possibilty or Fantasy

SilentSam

my thoughts are we clear close to 10m or more at the trade deadline (or attrition)  (eg. Hamhuis,Virbata,Higgins) & pick up a good draft pick,

... Add that pick (with our 1st and (2nd via Tortarella  ) .

This leaves us shopping with 10m or more for a bullet like Stamkos ... & Using our new picks, moving up high in the first round of the 2016 draft.

i realize for Stamkos it is a PERSONAL decision as a UFA., and not always about money..  But Maybe a change of scenery to an organization with a large fan base, who is icing a team with youth, talent, and great potential, . Might  lift an eybrow of interest?

possible?   Or  Fantasy?

Ps. Yzerman is in sticky corners,. This article covers how this deal effects Tampa Bay and its other Free Agents.

http://thehockeywriters.com/steven-stamkos-lightning-engaged-in-contract-talks/

If he makes it to Ufa. He's going to Toronto. It's not about money. He's already made a ton and will still get paid no matter where he goes. 

... and I thought Babcock had saved Toronto already, . Or was that Shanahan,. or Kessel .. Or...

(Sorry, its game-day,. I HAD to get a chirp in ;))

my thoughts are we clear close to 10m or more at the trade deadline (or attrition)  (eg. Hamhuis,Virbata,Higgins) & pick up a good draft pick,

... Add that pick (with our 1st and (2nd via Tortarella  ) .

This leaves us shopping with 10m or more for a bullet like Stamkos ... & Using our new picks, moving up high in the first round of the 2016 draft.

i realize for Stamkos it is a PERSONAL decision as a UFA., and not always about money..  But Maybe a change of scenery to an organization with a large fan base, who is icing a team with youth, talent, and great potential, . Might  lift an eybrow of interest?

possible?   Or  Fantasy?

I would only accept Stamkos if he changed his number because he has the same number as McCann #CDClogic

Maybe Stamkos will realize the once in a life time opportunity to play with the Sedins. Vrbata went from 20 goals with the Yotes to 31 with us. I can only imagine that if Stamkos scores 40+ goals this year, he would get 60+ with the Sedins based on Vrbata's progress with them.

Maybe Stamkos will realize the once in a life time opportunity to play with the Sedins. Vrbata went from 20 goals with the Yotes to 31 with us. I can only imagine that if Stamkos scores 40+ goals this year, he would get 60+ with the Sedins based on Vrbata's progress with them.

omg... but wait

imagine if phil kessel played with crosby. he'd probably score 50000

... and what a way for the Twins to ride into retirement..  Personally, Im excited about the new look of the Nucks.. Our core forward group is changing,. And the potential on Defense next year could be tremendous. (YouTube: Andrey Pedan & Nikita Tryamkin)

i genuinely think Stamkos is a possibility, rather than Fantasy.  I thought  Gretzky was Fantasy, .. And he became possible.

Fantasy.

He's either going to Toronto or to a team on the brink of making a big push.

Honestly I'd say there is little to no chance he even considers Van a destination.

Truthfully, I don't he even fits into what we're trying to do cap-wise and such.  

Too bad that Stamkos is a center and it doesn't sound like he wants to play wing.

Fantasy.

He's either going to Toronto or to a team on the brink of making a big push.

Honestly I'd say there is little to no chance he even considers Van a destination.

Truthfully, I don't he even fits into what we're trying to do cap-wise and such.  

If he's going to a team on the brink of making a big push, he should just stay in Tampa. The team that made the cup final last year and could very well do it again this year.

I hope we get Stamkos but I highly doubt that will happen.

Maybe Stamkos will realize the once in a life time opportunity to play for the Leafs under Babcock.

Stamkos is one of a prime center the game has to offer. There is not obe reason for him to sign with the Canucks. If he were to do so, Stamkos would center a first line and the Sedins the second line.

The Canucks themselves have a plethora of offense coming in and Horvat and McCann are most likely Vancouver's 1-2 punch up the middle.

Maybe Stamkos will realize the once in a life time opportunity to play for the Leafs under Babcock.

Stamkos is one of a prime center the game has to offer. There is not obe reason for him to sign with the Canucks. If he were to do so, Stamkos would center a first line and the Sedins the second line.

The Canucks themselves have a plethora of offense coming in and Horvat and McCann are most likely Vancouver's 1-2 punch up the middle.

The canucks have a plethora of offense coming in,. With what may be 6 or more prospects playing within their entry, or 2nd contracts.. Could have some great cap-space.

The Sedins could be 2nd liners.. The game has changed, its more about matching lines defensively.. If they are 2nd liners, then they are checked by a second line match.

I am assuming he stays in Tampa Bay.  They've taken a lot of steps forward with Yzerman and losing a player like Stamkos to free agency at this point would be a huge step back.

But if he makes it to UFA, he'll prefer the destinations that all prime age star UFA's do:  Teams that are close to winning a Stanley Cup or multiple Stanley Cups.

Archived