The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pass the torch to Markstorm already

desiboynux4lifee*******

Miller looks defeated; also his comments in Buffalo seemed to rub this team the wrong way. Time to give Markstorm the torch and roll with it! Two games at-least, does Willie have the courage to do this? Playing Markstorm in a loud arena like Montreal, well to me it seems Miller's comments have gotten the team in the wrong way. We all know how the veterans on this team respond to negative criticism, and here's the kicker.  the media in Vancouver are just waiting for this team to return, so they can make something out of Miller's record and play after the Buffalo comments. Big mistake Miller, unless he starts winning some games eg 2 goals against; otherwise  you just know the media in Vancity will do there best to drive him out of town like they did with Luongo. 

also, Higgins has really screwed up this teams chemistry. I don't know what he has done but ever since he joined this team it looks slower! 

What are you talking about? 

What exactly do you mean by "give the torch" to Markstrom? Are you saying we should repeat the mistakes of the Schneider/Luongo drama? Let Markstrom play a few more games before we unfairly throw him to the wolves, like we've done to other goalies in recent years....

Miller looks defeated and so what Markstorm outperforms him! Hockey is a BUSINESS! Miller has not been playing elite lately, time to give marky a shot and maybe change this teams mind-set.

They definitely need to play Markstrom more now that he's healthy. But I agree with Junkyard that goaltending isn't the issue.

I also disagree that our defense is the issue. Defenseman can only do so much. I haven't liked Webers game at all, and unfortunately until Sbisa is healthy he's going to keep getting minutes.

The true issue is our forward group.

So many lines are slumping, its almost unbearable to watch right now.

The Sedins are the ones that need to take charge and lead this group. If the Sedins can create energy each game, that alone will get everyone back on track.

Miller looks defeated and so what Markstorm outperforms him! Hockey is a BUSINESS! Miller has not been playing elite lately, time to give marky a shot and maybe change this teams mind-set.

I never said don't play Markstrom. In fact, I said we should play Markstrom, a bit. But your talk of "passing the torch" at this point makes little sense, until Markstrom plays a few more games as a backup. 

I agree that we need to give Marky a chance because right now Miller is just bad. It's not always entirely his fault, but he hasn't been at his best lately.

Miller is not bad.  I don't have and answer for the Canucks scattered play in their own end.  Defensive depth?  I don't think that we can blame goaltending if the D can't clean up a fire drill.  Breakouts were not good tonight either.  Babcock has the Leafs plugging up the neutral zone which seems to confound the Canucks breakout.

I don't think that it would be a bad idea to give Markstrom more games.  Miller is 35 and if he's going to play at an elite level throughout an 82 game schedule, he'll have to be managed and paced

Miller looks defeated; also his comments in Buffalo seemed to rub this team the wrong way. Time to give Markstorm the torch and roll with it! Two games at-least, does Willie have the courage to do this? Playing Markstorm in a loud arena like Montreal, well to me it seems Miller's comments have gotten the team in the wrong way. We all know how the veterans on this team respond to negative criticism, and here's the kicker.  the media in Vancouver are just waiting for this team to return, so they can make something out of Miller's record and play after the Buffalo comments. Big mistake Miller, unless he starts winning some games eg 2 goals against; otherwise  you just know the media in Vancity will do there best to drive him out of town like they did with Luongo. 

also, Higgins has really screwed up this teams chemistry. I don't know what he has done but ever since he joined this team it looks slower! 

Dude. Seriously. Why?

Did you notice that the Canucks aren't that great defensively? 

Did you notice Vrbata isn't an all star? At all?

Did you notice Hamhuis has lost a BIG step, mostly in the brain?

Did you notice how absolutely atrocious the special teams have been?

Miller isn't the problem. 

been there done that no torch is getting passed anytime soon with the back end on this team it would hardly matter who was back there in goal that other guy may steal a few games but his average would come back too earth as teams figure him out an our D gives up chances to blow up his prospect or promising averagae anyway you could write this up it is not goal tending problem here it is more than that

Dude. Seriously. Why?

Did you notice that the Canucks aren't that great defensively? 

Did you notice Vrbata isn't an all star? At all?

Did you notice Hamhuis has lost a BIG step, mostly in the brain?

Did you notice how absolutely atrocious the special teams have been?

Miller isn't the problem. 

he was playing like a elite goaltender at the start of the year, but ever since his comments he seems to be trying to hard or just looks fatigued. Flutter puck shot that he missed in ottawa, over played on the 5 on 3 tonight. 

Archived