The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pass the torch to Markstorm already

desiboynux4lifee*******

Markstrom has been playing very solid. Not knowing how much of a workload he can handle having not been a full time starter in the NHL before it wouldn't be a bad idea to play him and Miller 50/50, but we like most established starters we know Miller likes to play more than less. Would he be effective splitting the season with Markstrom?

Would Benning try to move Miller this deadline? Or at the very least feel out what the return might be? Are we ready for Cannata to be Markstrom's backup?

I'd rather stick with Miller this year unless Benning gets a good offer that he thinks he won't get again in the offseason.

13 minutes ago, BoneOzone said:

I hear ya for sure I think J.M is good for Van Canucks , BUT  !!!  J.M needs some PRO Goalie tweeking , he has been a little weak in the stop the puck department, JUST SAYING       with out a the puck stopping goalie  !!!!  your just calk drawing at a crime scene , JUST SAYIN

Siv. a goalie in hockey who lets in a lot of goals. "I'm not drafting that horrible goalie, he's a siv!" "Dude, that goalie let in 8 goals in one period! He's such asiv!".

Lol wow. Anyways... I think it's time to see what we can get at the deadline for Miller. Benning said their were offers last deadline. 

3 hours ago, BoneOzone said:

You wanna do this all night ?  go ahead a suck off J.M,   its your right to love a dude if you want , I will just post my option , and wait for idiots like you to get all bent out of shape about nothing , JUST SAYING  REALLY  DUDE ? GET A LIFE . or post a real comment from your own mind and not just respond to peoples comments. Canucks really need your support :) ataguy hang in there little buddy .

Someone forgot to take their meds. 

4 hours ago, BoneOzone said:

You wanna do this all night ?  go ahead a suck off J.M,   its your right to love a dude if you want , I will just post my option , and wait for idiots like you to get all bent out of shape about nothing , JUST SAYING  REALLY  DUDE ? GET A LIFE . or post a real comment from your own mind and not just respond to peoples comments. Canucks really need your support :) ataguy hang in there little buddy .

Are you OK?

I don't see how Miller makes us a better team right now. He's coming off injury, he was letting in a stinker a game at least most of the time before going down, and Markstrom is far younger with better stats (only several game difference sampling, and Markstrom has been playing behind a devastated Canucks team injury wise). Not to mention Markstrom is huge and covers way more net just by standing there.

Miller is crappier than Luongo and Schneider and should be ditched ASAP, imo (again, look at the stats in comparison if you think Miller is on par with the other goalies mentioned). He's an OK stop-gap starter at this point, but any young talented goalie coming up clearly has the greater value at this point if he proves himself capable of the workload..

I wouldn't say Miller has NO value to us.  He's a veteran goalie who could still teach Markstrom and Demko a few things. 

Let's also not forget he did play pretty well at the start of the season.

With all that said, I was not a fan of the Miller signing in the first place, and became even more uncomfortable as I saw him play.  He has a huge salary vs performance ratio.  I'd have no issues with seeing him moved if possible - but then, I suggested in another thread we move all vets not named Sedin that we can for whatever we can.

8 hours ago, BoneOzone said:

Call 1-866-531-2600 - Mental Health Helpline

11 hours ago, BoneOzone said:

Let's see, 11 hours ago, that would be just after 1:00 am on a Tuesday morning. You "sound" hammered dude, sleep it off.

12 hours ago, BoneOzone said:

He is a rookie people , take your hands off your rockers and give the head a shake you uneducated hockey fans , HOCKEY IS PLAYED IN THE REAL WORD ON ICE NOT IN THE INTERNET AND YOUR DREAMS , WAKE UP ,jm LOOKS WEAK , WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT? LOL  SISTER LOVER

Your such a TROLL dude! Lol

One decent season does not a starting goaltender make.

Sorry to get all Yoda on you here, but Markstrom's  resiliency is still up for testing here.  

You may jinx yourself thinking you don't need a guy like Miller. Miller has been a good goalie for us. Though I don't like that he get's all emotional on camera since it shows that things have gotten into his head. I'm just used to it because of Lu I guess.

It's nice that Markstrome has caught his stride, and it's never a bad thing to have two good goalies. Don't write of Miller so easily though. He deserves some props.

1 minute ago, Mcfly said:

One decent season does not a starting goaltender make.

Sorry to get all Yoda on you here, but Markstrom's  resiliency is still up for testing here.  

You may jinx yourself thinking you don't need a guy like Miller. Miller has been a good goalie for us. Though I don't like that he get's all emotional on camera since it shows that things have gotten into his head. I'm just used to it because of Lu I guess.

It's nice that Markstrome has caught his stride, and it's never a bad thing to have two good goalies. Don't write of Miller so easily though. He deserves some props.

Can we agree JB kept the better of the two Swedes?

Markstrom > Miller...no doubt about it.

6-2-2 with all the injuries this team has endured while he is in net, and Weber giving up chance after chance.

Give the guy some respect...he is a better goalie than Miller (even when Miller isn't coming back from injury).

Younger, faster, bigger, and stronger = Markstrom

Feel more confident with Markstrom in net than Miller.

Unless Miller asks for a trade, I think Benning has too much respect and history with Miller to deal him. Miller likely isn't going anywhere until his contract is up. 

If Markstrom's play stays solid, he's made a case for splitting next season with Miller.

Archived