The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pass the torch to Markstorm already

desiboynux4lifee*******

Bit of a over-reaction.  Millzy is not at the top of his game right now, but he's still a solid goalie.  I think when Marky Mark was injured, the Nucks kind of over-used Miller a bit.  Marky is still very unproven.  I'd say simply give Millzy a couple games off and give Marky a couple starts and see how he does.

The defense is downright atrocious soft, doesn't create offense, doesn't play sound defensively and is caught out of position and running around the majority of the time and can't breakout of the zone and get the attack started.

The forwards are inconsistent relying on young guys which is expected. But the rest of the forwards and d in terms of veterans are under performing.

Ray Verbatim, Bo Horvat, Sven Bearcheese big disappointments so far this year.

On d Edler and Hamhuis are not even solid right now. Hutton is a rookie. Bartowski and Weber are journeyman pressed into duty playing above where they should be. 

They are depth guys or third pair at best on a good team. But the Canucks are average and mediocre talent wise as a team at best.

Sbisa looks good on the third pair right now. Heck maybe even put him on the second with how the rest of the d is playing right now.

This is what happens when you don't draft or try to sign or trade for quality d you end up with this mess.... :angry:

This is an overreaction to Miller's play.   He is not the problem.  The problem is: the timing of the coach to play Miller and it's unfortunately that Markstrom got hurt but if I'm the coach, I would give Miller a break and pllay Markstrom in the next game because Montreal is the top team and you play your back-up and have him back for Winnipeg's game.  You know that Montreal will pepper many shots at the slow defensive corps.  

While desi has gone a little over the top, I would like to see our backups playing more. This one case where I wonder if Willie has what it takes to manage his players at this level.

Markstrom started 2 games ago in Colombus, so I'm very confident that coach will give him a fair share of games this season, now that he's back. It's understandable why he didn't trust the backup to the backup early in the season. 

Miller looks defeated; also his comments in Buffalo seemed to rub this team the wrong way. Time to give Markstorm the torch and roll with it! Two games at-least, does Willie have the courage to do this? Playing Markstorm in a loud arena like Montreal, well to me it seems Miller's comments have gotten the team in the wrong way. We all know how the veterans on this team respond to negative criticism, and here's the kicker.  the media in Vancouver are just waiting for this team to return, so they can make something out of Miller's record and play after the Buffalo comments. Big mistake Miller, unless he starts winning some games eg 2 goals against; otherwise  you just know the media in Vancity will do there best to drive him out of town like they did with Luongo. 

also, Higgins has really screwed up this teams chemistry. I don't know what he has done but ever since he joined this team it looks slower! 

they should alternate them over the next 4 games.miller and the teams fatigued from the road trip.plus sutters out.thats why they look slower,ipretty sure its not higgins fault. 

No way can this game be hung on Miller.  Guy's been the best canuck on the ice almost every game he has played, in fact his strong play early season masked some of the problems we are seeing now.  This fan base has got to get over the "shiny new toy syndrome" that has so many infected.  

Did the OP even see the game?

Miller's NOT the problem. Us not scoring on our chances, on our PP, and letting the Leafs do whatever they want on every rebound... THAT's the problem!

Miller even did some great saves and was left alone all the time.

PS Why recall Hunter, for sitting in the press box!? He could've continued his streak down in Utica and built more confidence. To get called up only to NOT play... is just really bad. Besides, right now we don't have a scorer on the team. Hunter should have been getting PP minutes in this game! (Or not been called up at all!)

he's the reason we've won half of our games, it's not his fault he's playing every night though

By all accounts, Miller's record is 5 wins and 11 losses. He had a great start to the season...he's been pretty ordinary the last several games.  If Miller doesn't stand on his head every game he starts, this Canucks team is going to be hard pressed to make the playoffs.  This Canucks team is pretty bad and will be until the kids mature to the point that they will be relied upon as the new core.  That's going to take a couple of seasons because they're not there yet and the old core isn't capable of carrying the team anymore.

Miller's numbers so far are the best he's had in a few seasons so he's not the problem. They're having problems scoring right now. Shinkaruk will probably play against the Canadiens so we'll see if he can score at the NHL level. Hamhuis has also been terrible so far don't know what's wrong with him. He's as bad as Bieksa was last season. The rest of the defence isn't that much better. Miller's been hung out to dry a lot so far this season.

Archived