The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tyson Barrie Could be Moved - Friedman

DeltaSwede

The Colorado Avalanche are pretty hot on the ice right now, yet they also seem to be boiling on the hot stove.

Earlier this week, PHT touched on rumors about Matt Duchene‘s name possibly coming up in trade talks.

During Saturday’s latest Headlines segment on Sportsnet (worth a full watch, by the way), Elliotte Friedman said that defenseman Tyson Barrie might just get bandied about if the Avalanche believe that they cannot re-sign him.

Friedman points out that Barrie, a pending restricted free agent, holds arbitration rights.

He’s currently registering just a $2.6 million cap hit, and considering his offensive skills and the fact that he’s just 24, one would imagine a feeding frenzy. Perhaps historic rival the Detroit Red Wings might throw their name in the hat?

It’s tough to imagine the Avalanche parting with such a promising young defenseman, especially considering how hard they are to come by. Then again, that would really give him a lot of trade value, and maybe it would be best to move him if he’s not viewed as a “core” guy?

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/11/15/report-tyson-barrie-could-find-himself-on-trading-block/

Just like every trade proposal that seems to come up these days, I'll ask the question who do we have to trade for a young up and coming offensive d-man that is not on an NTC? 

Edler has an NTC and isn't going anywhere. So unless we're willing to part with a young prospect and picks, teams are not going to take our trash. Vey was run out of town here, yet he'll be a valuable piece for a young d-man coming the other way? 

C'mon man.

He would be a nice fit for us, but colorado would be crazy to move him in my opinion. But if Edler would waive I would be all for a trade around those two with some minor tweaking to make it work

I've got similar thoughts as well. He is a fantastic asset to have and has already got 10 points on the season. He isn't the first piece I would move if I was Colorado. He would be a fantastic fit here and is exactly what this team should be actively pursuing.

I don't think the Canucks have the pieces for him but perhaps things could start off with Hamhuis. I am not so keen on giving up Edler, despite his faults he is still the Canucks best defender and could match up really well with Barrie if he were to be traded for. It will be expensive to even make the Avs budge on him but it could be worth giving up assets in this case.

I'd be willing to part with significant pieces to get Barrie if we could pre-negotiate a long-term deal with him. Barrie puts up excellent points and is exactly what this team needs. The guy is amazing on the powerplay and can much up top-2 minutes all season long. 

I'd be asking Edler if he's willing to go to Colorado and send him along with a few of our B-level prospects (Gaunce, Cassels, Fox, Jensen, etc). 

Barrie is exactly what the Canucks need. 

I would imagine they would want one of our top forward prospects to start.

We can afford that with the depth of forwards we have. One of Jensen/Shinkaruk/Guance will do. Although I am leaning on Shinkaruk because he seems to be a Patrick Roy type of guy. And we have Baertschi anyways. Can't keep all the prospects.

I am 100% supportive in getting Barrie into our organization. Right Handed Shots are hard to come by these days.

We can afford that with the depth of forwards we have. One of Jensen/Shinkaruk/Guance will do. Although I am leaning on Shinkaruk because he seems to be a Patrick Roy type of guy. And we have Baertschi anyways. Can't keep all the prospects.

I am 100% supportive in getting Barrie into our organization. Right Handed Shots are hard to come by these days.

I don't think Jensen or Guance will cut it. Jensen will be a project and Guance will likely top out as a third line player. Hard to say with Shink, he's having a excellent start though.

I think the discussion starts with one of bo, jake, jared or 1st.

I don't think Jensen or Guance will cut it. Jensen will be a project and Guance will likely top out as a third line player. Hard to say with Shink, he's having a excellent start though.

I think the discussion starts with one of bo, jake, jared or 1st.

Most likely a 2016 1st round pick and Hunter Shinkaruk while his value is high.

Along with one of the veterans like Edler/Hamhuis/Bartkowski/Vrbata to offset.

Then we trade whichever remaining UFA for picks come trade deadline to replenish picks.

Archived