The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If it Quacks like a Duck: WT?

oldnews

9 hours ago, HK Phooey said:

One of our favorite homeboys losing a chiclet in a tussle with Mr. Underwood.  Time for a trip to the dentist once Juice is back in Disneyland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZv4s79KB5U

Meh, a fighter is going to cop some, even get laced every now and again.  

He came back throwin.  Could only be so bad...

7 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Classic alright. Acts tough and loses to Mike Fisher of all people. 

It was a draw at worst if you're being objective. 

If you knew anything about Fisher, you'd know that he rarely fights, but he also rarely ever loses a fight so he's no chump.

Just now, PlanB said:

It was a draw at worst if you're being objective. 

If you knew anything about Fisher, you'd know that he rarely fights, but he also rarely ever loses a fight so he's no chump.

Bieksa shows up, and plays a tough game.  I think we all remember the Calgary game, where he took Lain's place up front, so the kid didn't have to take on a goon. 

7 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

"of all people"? mike fisher is not a weak guy

Yes he is not weak and he fights on a rare occasion. What I mean is he isn't classified as a fighter. 

Also notice who Bieksa was going after originally? Super heavy weight Craig Smith, who doesn't have a single NHL fight in his entire career. 

As I've said numerous times before, a spot picking coward. Really confuses me how so many Canucks fan can still blindly support this guy. 

2 hours ago, LeanBeef said:

Agree that juice spotpicks but yeah Fisher is a pretty underrated fighter

Yeah he isn't terrible, he rarely fights and when he does his performance is quite good.

My point being he isn't classified as a tough guy or fighter who goes around looking for fights. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bieksa shows up, and plays a tough game.  I think we all remember the Calgary game, where he took Lain's place up front, so the kid didn't have to take on a goon. 

You forgot the rest, after bieksa wouldn't throw with that goon, he spot picked and lain still got thrashed by that goon. Kevin Westgarth I think

7 minutes ago, LuckyLuciano said:

You forgot the rest, after bieksa wouldn't throw with that goon, he spot picked and lain still got thrashed by that goon. Kevin Westgarth I think

Yup. Exactly. Lined up with Westgarth to "protect" Lain, but then didn't drop the gloves. Yet seconds later willingly dropped the gloves with Smid instead and Lain fought Westgarth anyway. 

• -DLC- locked and unlocked this topic
8 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Why is it when Juice stays within his weight class he's a spot picker?

It's nothing to do with weight class. He goes after non fighters or guys who very rarely fight regardless of size. 

Brian Boyle is 6'7 243 but Bieska willingly went after him has Boyle is a horrendous fighter. 

He literally chased him all the way down the ice, with no provocation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWE8wwbSbE

Archived