The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

On December 19, 2015 at 1:34 AM, keredz said:

Not sure if any of you saw Pedans fight when he was recently down on the Comets on Dec.5th. Once again he got his ass kicked pretty bad. After suffering that bad concussion from a fight last year, he should be thinking twice about dropping the gloves. He is going to end his career early if he keeps it up.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/131243

He got hit once with a good right, and still managed to stay in the fight and get the take down. Decision belongs to the other guy but not exactly "got his ass kicked pretty bad".

4 hours ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

Is Pedan in the lineup tonight against the Oilers?

It's confirmed. About time we get to see this guy in action. I'm not looking for anything special and I hope he's paired with Biega as they're the top pair in Utica and have that familiarity. 

I'd expect to see plenty of shots from the point, because that's his strength. Play to your strengths young man and you'll do fine.

Very solid game for Pedan tonight. Hopefully he can build from this and replace some physicality that has been missing since Sbisa has been out. He looks like he belongs in the line-up but needs to deliver more performances like this to stick. Very good movement as well that I didn't expect.

12 minutes ago, Yotes said:

he played well, nice to see him hit, made some nice passes. I would rather see him get some more ice and develop than keep weber on the team

IMHO Beiga is replacing Weber on the RD. Really liked Pedan's physicality. He looked a little lost on some shifts as he followed the puck around but overall a good first game. Pair a banger with a puck mover and all of a sudden the puck moves up ice nicely.

Canucks have needed such dmen for a long time. Sbisa was the start and Beiga added a little.

42 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

IMHO Beiga is replacing Weber on the RD. Really liked Pedan's physicality. He looked a little lost on some shifts as he followed the puck around but overall a good first game. Pair a banger with a puck mover and all of a sudden the puck moves up ice nicely.

Canucks have needed such dmen for a long time. Sbisa was the start and Beiga added a little.

If Pedan gets a few more minutes next against vs LA, this is a very good sign for the young man. 

I know people aren't happy with Willie only giving him 10 minutes, but that's kind of expected. What matters is if his ice time goes up from here on.

I loved Pedan's game last night, and I can't wait to see how he handles a more physical and experienced team.

I like everything about Andrey Pedan...the kid moves really well for a big guy and he's better with the puck than I expected him to be.  And those hits early in the game on the Oilers forwards coming into the zone...what's there not to like about him?  Pedan strikes me as a guy that would do better in the NHL than the AHL because the players he's playing with are better (if that makes any sort of sense).  I hope he sticks, even after Sbisa comes back.  You can never have too many smooth skating big guys who like to hit in your lineup.

Great that his debut on D was against the Oilers.  They made him look slow a couple of times, but not so much that it took his physical game away.  Willie was rightly cautious with his minutes but was also pretty complimentary about his game afterwards.  He should have some confidence going into the LA game, where he'll be more in his physical element and has a chance to make a difference for us.  If they can work on his first step over the summer, this guy's going to be a very nice addition to the roster. 

55 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Great that his debut on D was against the Oilers.  They made him look slow a couple of times, but not so much that it took his physical game away.  Willie was rightly cautious with his minutes but was also pretty complimentary about his game afterwards.  He should have some confidence going into the LA game, where he'll be more in his physical element and has a chance to make a difference for us.  If they can work on his first step over the summer, this guy's going to be a very nice addition to the roster. 

Pedan is not slow...at all. Weber looked slow, Edler is slow, Pedan has good speed and is more agile than Weber or Edler.

Archived