The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yes.  Finally a big time face puncher.  I hope he exchanges a few good face punches over his time up.  He can stop the stupid stuff we have seen our guys endure over this last while by grabbing the other teams' players and punching face.

His job up here is twofold ,one to clear the front end of the net an have strong presence that intimidates other teams from venturing there.

Fighting is the last thing nor face punching he needs to learn to play Canucks system he brings grit to back end this in itself will be enought ,he did have a concussion or two last season so needs to procede with caution here.After all we don't want to ruin this shiny new part before it can contribute to the overall team success do we? He will fight in due time, PRust will mentor him so he does not get into vulnerable positions again an is an overall better rounded player.

Frankly, I'd prefer he avoid the 'face punching' unless absolutely necessary. Go out there and make life hard for any forwards daring to skate in to our corners/the front of the net and otherwise play a smart, simple and physical game. Keep the gloves on.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Frankly, I'd prefer he avoid the 'face punching' unless absolutely necessary. Go out there and make life hard for any forwards daring to skate in to our corners/the front of the net and otherwise play a smart, simple and physical game. Keep the gloves on.

Agreed. I want him to show us his game, not his fists. Fists can come later.

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

He had 2 concussions last year and 3 in his pro career, I think. I agree with your point of playing physical and not dwelling on the fisticuffs. To many fans think 'being physical' is simply fighting. Benning is slowly changing the culture as he toughens up the roster. Last year Sbisa played a great physical playoff game in Calgary and he was swarmed by the Flames. Almost no support from his team mates. It was more disappointing to me than the defeat. This year Virtanen and Prust were added and Kennans lost to injury.

Canuck roster is still to soft and to talent light. Realistically Horvat can start leading the team in 3 years if all goes well. The depth is so weak that those players who show any promise are anointed with NHL status before they have even played a game.

Check the stats on how many players actually get past 200 games before the party starts.  

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

He had 2 concussions last year and 3 in his pro career, I think. I agree with your point of playing physical and not dwelling on the fisticuffs. To many fans think 'being physical' is simply fighting. Benning is slowly changing the culture as he toughens up the roster. Last year Sbisa played a great physical playoff game in Calgary and he was swarmed by the Flames. Almost no support from his team mates. It was more disappointing to me than the defeat. This year Virtanen and Prust were added and Kennans lost to injury.

Canuck roster is still to soft and to talent light. Realistically Horvat can start leading the team in 3 years if all goes well. The depth is so weak that those players who show any promise are anointed with NHL status before they have even played a game.

Check the stats on how many players actually get past 200 games before the party starts.  

Good realistic post Boudrias, I am inclined to agree.

Part of the problem, I believe, with our fans is that they don't watch other teams enough. It's given away by how they highlight a giveaway, berate/ hate a certain type of player, or a "great" rookie performance or a lapse in the third.

They are constantly dressing things up like the end of the world or the greatest thing since electric light.

14 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Part of the problem, I believe, with our fans is that they don't watch other teams enough. It's given away by how they highlight a giveaway, berate/ hate a certain type of player, or a "great" rookie performance or a lapse in the third.

They are constantly dressing things up like the end of the world or the greatest thing since electric light.

Desperate for good news/developments.

59 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Random thoughts, but I'm actually starting to watch Winnipeg a bit more. They're my 2nd favourite team. I'm also in the process of deciding on an eastern team I like more than the other eastern teams, but that's still up in the air.

I hope Pedan doesn't start his career in NHL by throwing knuckles. We need a crease clearer who is focused on the team, not bloodlust. He doesn't ever need to get sent down if he plays the right way. Pulling for him soo much. But he's gonna get challenged a lot..

21 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think your point is taken,. But I think what is trying to be said here is "FP" label is just as low a term as "goon"..  Mr Pedan can fight, thats obvious,. But he does bring other assets as well. The fact that he can fight and play hockey brings more of a psychological edge to his game and the team he plays for..

He will put up points and defend., but to call him a "FPer" puts him into a single class only. .    

A player like Mr Pedan deserves to called "Well Rounded" ... After all, He is multi talented.

Im sure if you had the opportunity to ask him yourself, he would like that.

Many years ago, in a land far away, FP was a complimentary nick name given to only the most respected - the teammate who was always there to have your back.  But that was a long time ago, so I accept times (and jargon) changes.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Many years ago, in a land far away, FP was a complimentary nick name given to only the most respected - the teammate who was always there to have your back.  But that was a long time ago, so I accept times (and jargon) changes.  

Your a good man Alf!  Hope you checked out Mr Pedan's "Post Practice" interview in the Video section on this site?  The young man has the right attitude toward his development and game. Hope he sticks for this road trip and starts in Minny.

10 hours ago, The Lock said:

Random thoughts, but I'm actually starting to watch Winnipeg a bit more. They're my 2nd favourite team. I'm also in the process of deciding on an eastern team I like more than the other eastern teams, but that's still up in the air.

Lock, I too have watched Winnipeg more the past few years (after Rick signed for them) I always thought they had enough in the team to do more in the SC. They are big. physical and seem to have some talented players but they tend to disappoint. I also watch  the Panthers, NYR, Montreal,l Boston :( and Buffalo games for various reasons. e.g. I can't get enough of the Buffalo guy who does the commentary (Rick Jeannette) talk about passion. Buffalo scored an equaliser the other night in the dying seconds and I thought he was going to "check out" :) 

8 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Lock, I too have watched Winnipeg more the past few years (after Rick signed for them) I always thought they had enough in the team to do more in the SC. They are big. physical and seem to have some talented players but they tend to disappoint. I also watch  the Panthers, NYR, Montreal,l Boston :( and Buffalo games for various reasons. e.g. I can't get enough of the Buffalo guy who does the commentary (Rick Jeannette) talk about passion. Buffalo scored an equaliser the other night in the dying seconds and I thought he was going to "check out" :) 

He's easily my favorite announcer!  loses his mind over goals and his comments always crack me up.  When he does the Vancouver-Buffalo game he drives me crazy with how he pronounces some of the Canucks names hahah

6 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I doubt we throw him in against Dallas but maybe against either of the LA teams might be more realistic.  Pick a slot where he won't get eaten alive and where his size would be an asset.

I have to agree, although really every offense this trip could cause issues. Dallas just happens to be the current cream of the crop so far this season. lol

Archived