The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

4 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Agree totally that making plays should be his primary focus, but he is going to get challenged regardless if he's the kind of physical presence that we want him to be. Virtanen has figured this out after being challenged by some plug and seems to have backed off from his hitting a bit. Aggressive play and hitting are going to go hand in glove with fighting, so I really hope that there is some teaching going on when it comes to defending yourself on the ice.

What needs to be called are the cheap shots after a clean hit. The refs when into totall panic mode after that last hit..they wanted to appease Minny so they threw Burr in as soon as possible. 3 guys skating at a rookie, threw them off their game though ala ferland.

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who, Chip Kelley?

Lol. No Luke Schenn. By the way culture beats talent my system is great no huddle all game tempo.

It worked better in college when I could replace entire recruiting classes each year and the players made less than me.

I prefer blocking wrs as opposed to guys who have speed to get open and you know make tough catches. Also my methods are so great I can take injury prone players and overrated washed up qbs and make them look good. Oh wait...

5 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Lol. No Luke Schenn. By the way culture beats talent my system is great no huddle all game tempo.

It worked better in college when I could replace entire recruiting classes each year and the players made less than me.

I prefer blocking wrs as opposed to guys who have speed to get open and you know make tough catches. Also my methods are so great I can take injury prone players and overrated washed up qbs and make them look good. Oh wait...

I loved watching your Ducks, especially the giant signs used to call plays from the sidelines!  Great innovation.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I loved watching your Ducks, especially the giant signs used to call plays from the sidelines!  Great innovation.

They tell me my offense is predictable and simplistic now. Probably stealing my signs. Probably need some tips from Belichick on how to engage in some shall we say,uh, gamesmanship.

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

They tell me my offense is predictable and simplistic now. Probably stealing my signs. Probably need some tips from Belichick on how to engage in some shall we say,uh, gamesmanship.

Maybe your signs are too big, and the other teams can see them?  It's just a guess; I'm no football genius like you.

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I liked you Alf but now you are testing me? What kind of bozo hires someone and gives that whatever they want salary power etc without a previous record of good work and success. Actually that's me as a coach and gm combo the Eagles owner gave me that power.

That's besides the point though Alf you start at minimum wage or I'll cut you faster than I did my star players who gave me lip or asked for more money.

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I liked you Alf but now you are testing me? What kind of bozo hires someone and gives that whatever they want salary power etc without a previous record of good work and success. Actually that's me as a coach and gm combo the Eagles owner gave me that power.

That's besides the point though Alf you start at minimum wage or I'll cut you faster than I did my star players who gave me lip or asked for more money.

Holy crap, Chip you sure drive a hard bargain.  No wonder your ex players say some interesting things about you.  

Just some advice.  there was a rumour at home that one of our own had special surgery to look human so he could buy an NFL franchise.  Now this surgery, although amazing for changing the general appearance of all our hair, three fingers, and the big nose, cannot change the super jumbo size of the Melmacian Rambone.  I have had my suspicions before about your owner, but considering how he almost encouraged you to single handedly destroy his team, I'm almost certain now.  There is only one way to be absolutely certain, but it will take courage on your part.  You'll need to sneak a peak at his pike.  if it does prove to be who I think, you are set for life.  He's a moron.  You will be able to continue with the fine surgical hand you have been using to cut away the few remaking decent players you have left.  Just think of your reward!

Just now, The Lock said:

Yeah I thought this was a Pedan thread. While he might have the size to join the Eagles, I think we should talk about him on the Canucks.... ;)

We need his toughness.  How's that for a start?  Plus, I blame Chip Kelley.  His giant play calling signage is distracting.:(

Pedan has so much raw talent. Size, speed, a hard shot. He reminds me a bit of a tougher Yann Sauve, who also had all the tools but couldn't bring it together. Plus getting hit by a car put him back, and he got sucked into the black hole of prospect development that was the Chicago Wolves (not to mention a very dominant Canucks team at the time). 

At this stage Pedan needs to be tough and reliable. Once he can gain the trust of coaches and earn himself a 7 slot in the NHL I can see him playing a little more two-way, as he has the potential to be a 30 point defender. 

1 hour ago, canucklehead44 said:

Pedan has so much raw talent. Size, speed, a hard shot. He reminds me a bit of a tougher Yann Sauve, who also had all the tools but couldn't bring it together. Plus getting hit by a car put him back, and he got sucked into the black hole of prospect development that was the Chicago Wolves (not to mention a very dominant Canucks team at the time). 

At this stage Pedan needs to be tough and reliable. Once he can gain the trust of coaches and earn himself a 7 slot in the NHL I can see him playing a little more two-way, as he has the potential to be a 30 point defender. 

I agree with this...many people think he is slow..he actually skates really welll for a big man..I wish he could slide in for a game soon...be nice to see how he looks.

At this point I do not see Weber or Bartkowski as long term holds. Bartkowski has the better chance and worth a longer look. Weber simply struggles most of the time. His + has always been his skating and offense. This year he is struggling on all fronts IMHO. I am hoping that Benning will move him by March. At some point there is more value giving his TOI to a prospect like Pedan  or the KHL Russian come spring.

Archived