The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

What a mess one game can make to a team as fragile as the Canucks.. Perhaps if some opportunity and patience arrives for Pedan,. He sticks ?

I'm really hoping he gets that game and makes such an impact he sticks. I'm likely dreaming at this point, but it's not like we haven't been surprised by other prospects this season (*cough* McCann and Hutton *cough*)

Just now, manroth19 said:

Pardon my ignorance for only seen him play once and dont recall. But does pedan have wheels or is he a typical bigger slower man back there?

He has good mobility for a big guy from what I understand. He's not slow like Valabik if that's what you're wondering.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

This could be epic.

The interveiw with W.D. Had the possibility of Weber moving to forward and perhaps Pedan playing.

4 minutes ago, manroth19 said:

Pardon my ignorance for only seen him play once and dont recall. But does pedan have wheels or is he a typical bigger slower man back there?

YouTube his hilite reel for Junior, fast and mobile. Now 22 and still filling out his 6'5 frame, still a bit lean at 217-220lbs . Good puck skills, heavy shot, good skater.. Great first pass. He CAN fight, (YouTube Pedan vs Tinordi) but would rather not see him draw that atention to his game,. He is a far bigger asset than just that.. IMO.. 225 -230 would be a perfect weight.. and 9 games with the Canucks might prove very interesting.

23 minutes ago, The Lock said:

He has good mobility for a big guy from what I understand. He's not slow like Valabik if that's what you're wondering.

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The interveiw with W.D. Had the possibility of Weber moving to forward and perhaps Pedan playing.

YouTube his hilite reel for Junior, fast and mobile. Now 22 and still filling out his 6'5 frame, still a bit lean at 217-220lbs . Good puck skills, heavy shot, good skater.. Great first pass. He CAN fight, (YouTube Pedan vs Tinordi) but would rather not see him draw that atention to his game,. He is a far bigger asset than just that.. IMO.. 225 -230 would be a perfect weight.. and 9 games with the Canucks might prove very interesting.

I will definitely check it out. Hopefully the kid gets in. Kinda crappy getting thrown to the wolves vs a team that plays so heavy down low like the kings and does it so well. Still figuring out the body and thst big frame at 22 i can get that hes still so young for such a big man. 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Maybe Edler, more capspace for  M.Lucic ;)

Could you imagine we were able to keep Tanev, and add Hamonic, Lucic, and Bufuglin?  We would instantly add three top minute guys, who play a mean game, rather than a couple of bottom four forwards, who are really only middleweights. 

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

WD is stupid 

PEdan should have played in D an Weber on forward line this is  just another stupid display of WD so called brilliance .why?why do we have to suffer so much with minor league bush coaches omg he is here for awhile god help us

6 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

WD is stupid 

PEdan should have played in D an Weber on forward line this is  just another stupid display of WD so called brilliance .why?why do we have to suffer so much with minor league bush coaches omg he is here for awhile god help us

Pedan deserves to play in Defensive position for what he did tonight. The Kids all team, fearless. My guess is WD Is giving him his itinerary back to Utica.. Slap in the face for him if that happens.

He didn't play a ton. But he looked good as a power forward.  Would love to see him play more in the forward position.  Good positioning, solid hits, good defensively.  Could be a strong power forward.  He can move across the ice so quick with his first few strides.   Those long and lanky limbs give him some serious game.

10 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

WD is stupid 

Pretty much. I'd love to see Pedan play defense for an entire game. Weber should ride the bench and play point on power plays.

9 hours ago, Rush17 said:

He didn't play a ton. But he looked good as a power forward.  Would love to see him play more in the forward position.  Good positioning, solid hits, good defensively.  Could be a strong power forward.  He can move across the ice so quick with his first few strides.   Those long and lanky limbs give him some serious game.

Which is why we need him on D.  We have plenty of forward depth.

Archived