The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler back pass

falcons

It can be effective unless the other team is expecting it and adjusts.  WIth Edler on the ice, teams are fairly sure of what is coming.  They could all stand to the side and give him a clear lane to the net and he would still back-pass on the PP.  He is not the most creative D-man in the league- sarcasm.

Was I seeing things, or did Chris Higgins enter the offensive zone SDRAWKCAB at least twice in the Bell Centre tonight?  I could've sworn he was going to put himself offside at some point.  :rolleyes:

You weren't lol. It was a nice little way to create open space though. :3

Because it's an extremely effective method of entering and setting up in the zone on the powerplay that is used throughout the league.

Good answer if this was 3 years ago. Its long been figured out and it either flat out doesnt work or gets picked off (which happened recently to Edler, pretty sure they scored off it too) more often than not. 

It needs to stop. 

I would like the PP to stop doing the drop passes into the entry zone strategy and just go back to what is simplify, dumping and chase to get the puck back on PP or passing to a open man. 

Dump and chase on the pp is used on bad pp units, the elite ones have possession entering the zone.

More proof that many on here don't watch other games and if they do they don't pay attention. The drop pass is played by every team in the league. 

What I would say is Edler is not very subtle with his and they are a bit mailed in.

reason being, eds is not offensively creative at all. once other teams see edler on the ice, their first instinct is to go straight up the middle to pick off that overly predictable edler play and cause our supposed PP all sorts of havoc. other teams, this play works, because they have guys who can read the play and move the puck efficiently, and that also comes down to coaching. we don't have that. we have a coach who can't help himself and feels the need to throw out edler and weber during situations where their slow play doesn't work, and this storyline is getting real old, real fast

Archived