The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 3, Habs 4

TheRussianRocket.

10 hours ago, apollo said:

Weber is not the problem DeNiro. IIt's a team game and he's not turning over pucks and weak on the back check like Hutton Virtanen twins etc. 

You must have missed the play where he softly bounced it off the boards right to the other team leading to an odd man rush and a shorthanded goal.

Weber is directly causing goals against with soft plays along the boards and bad pinches. He's a number 8 D-man playing in the top 4. That's why our D has been so bad. We had no depth to begin with.

18 hours ago, hearditall said:

U were probably the same person saying we needed to et rid of AV.  How did that work out???

I was pretty neutral about the AV change. AV was very obviously 10 times the coach WD is though. Despite that, perhaps it was time for a change

8 hours ago, Quoted said:

Maybe so, but I think the difference is in acknowledging it as bad officiating vs. an league-based anti-Canucks phenomenon.

Firstly, there's been too many games I've seen since 2002 that we got shafted on and I've lost my patience. I've definitely got a temper and watching bs after bs doesn't help.

I should also clarify that I don't think it's the whole nhl vs Vancouver. There's certain teams that I've noticed that the nhl or its officials have bias or fixing factors on. They'll do anything to let the Cali teams, Pittsburgh, Chicago win but they'll make sure the opposite happens for Vancouver, Winnipeg and even Ottawa I've noticed. 

I'm just sick of it. Absolutely sick of watching the team I love, lose game after game strictly because of the lack of integrity this league and it's officials have. 

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

In your opinion have the Canucks ever legitimately lost a game?  You roll out the conspiracy excuse after every single loss. I love how you ignore all the non calls that could have gone against the Canucks, or the fact that Vancouver had six powerplays to Montreals four. Just give it a rest.

Um yes. I said they should be something around 14-2-3 at this point. 

We had powerplays because we took it to the Habs and had them chasing and absolutely frustrated. The refs turned the frustration around 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

You must have missed the play where he softly bounced it off the boards right to the other team leading to an odd man rush and a shorthanded goal.

Weber is directly causing goals against with soft plays along the boards and bad pinches. He's a number 8 D-man playing in the top 4. That's why our D has been so bad. We had no depth to begin with.

Yes that was a mistake he made but how about the lack of back check or even the rush to the bench by hank and Danny? Don't me wrong, I'll protect them 9 out of 10 times... Hell make that 99 put of 100 times, but they should also take some blame for that. That being said, they literally are the most prolific duo in the history of sports and for each mistake, they make up for it 10fold. 

But further to that... That's really singling out one mistake by Weber. The pp as a whole has been giving up shorthanded chances far too much. Miller and even marky have made some massive stops shorthanded which all could have ended up in the back of the net, which weren't caused by Weber. He just pulled the short straw. The Devils game, in all seriousness we could have let in 3 shorthanded goals had it not been for Miller. 

Weber like all nhl dman, makes mistakes but he does make up for them in other ways. That said... Do I think he's top 4? No. 

Do I think he's a solid bottom pairing guy that can be utilized on the pp? Definitely. 

Really don't agree with you that he's a #8 based on what I've seen. 

Even guys like Keith, doughty, Shea Weber, Karlsson, Subban, all make huge mistakes from time to time. You can't single out certain mistakes. Not comparing webs to them but just saying, I've watched all those guys make even worse blunders. 

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

Firstly, there's been too many games I've seen since 2002 that we got shafted on and I've lost my patience. I've definitely got a temper and watching bs after bs doesn't help.

I should also clarify that I don't think it's the whole nhl vs Vancouver. There's certain teams that I've noticed that the nhl or its officials have bias or fixing factors on. They'll do anything to let the Cali teams, Pittsburgh, Chicago win but they'll make sure the opposite happens for Vancouver, Winnipeg and even Ottawa I've noticed. 

I'm just sick of it. Absolutely sick of watching the team I love, lose game after game strictly because of the lack of integrity this league and it's officials have. 

Um yes. I said they should be something around 14-2-3 at this point. 

We had powerplays because we took it to the Habs and had them chasing and absolutely frustrated. The refs turned the frustration around 

You realize the game turned around when the Canucks (already up 3-0) were on another powerplay that could have put the nail in Montreal's coffin.  Instead, Montreal scored a short handed goal and took control of the game.  I'm sure giving the Canucks a powerplay at that point was part of the ref's nefarious plan to screw the Canucks, , and Vancouver played right in to it.  Right?

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

You realize the game turned around when the Canucks (already up 3-0) were on another powerplay that could have put the nail in Montreal's coffin.  Instead, Montreal scored a short handed goal and took control of the game.  I'm sure giving the Canucks a powerplay at that point was part of the ref's nefarious plan to screw the Canucks, , and Vancouver played right in to it.  Right?

So when it's 3-1 the refs shouldn't call penalties when someone takes down Tanev and scores the 3 2 goal? 

Bottom line, and you honestly can't disagree with me here - had that game been called fairly, there's no way that Montreal gets a single point. 

1 hour ago, BI3KSA- said:

I was pretty neutral about the AV change. AV was very obviously 10 times the coach WD is though. Despite that, perhaps it was time for a change

I don't believe that. Torts came in for the change, how did that work. AV was not our problem it was the same vets & NO young blood around...We drafted so poorly & traded our other draft picks fpr playoff help. AV had no youth to inject at all.

1 minute ago, apollo said:

So when it's 3-1 the refs shouldn't call penalties when someone takes down Tanev and scores the 3 2 goal? 

Bottom line, and you honestly can't disagree with me here - had that game been called fairly, there's no way that Montreal gets a single point. 

The game was called fairly. There were missed calls on both sides. So yes, I whole heartedly disagree with you. The Canucks had an opportunity to put the game away. Instead Montreal capitalzed on a breakdown and took over.  Plain ans simple.  You bitch and moan about conspiracy every single time the Canucks lose. Your act is tired. 

8 hours ago, qwijibo said:

The game was called fairly. There were missed calls on both sides. So yes, I whole heartedly disagree with you. The Canucks had an opportunity to put the game away. Instead Montreal capitalzed on a breakdown and took over.  Plain ans simple.  You bitch and moan about conspiracy every single time the Canucks lose. Your act is tired. 

The game was not called fairly. Or maybe you don't know the rules of hockey? You're brainwashed by the nhl like the terrorists are by Isis. It's very said. Your act is tired. 

16 minutes ago, apollo said:

The game was not called fairly. Or maybe you don't know the rules of hockey? You're brainwashed by the nhl like the terrorists are by Isis. It's very said. Your act is tired. 

Wow, I knew that you're delusional. But did you really just compare the nhl to ISIS.  Im done with you. Go back to your fantasy world where the Canucks are the greatest franchise in sports history, where thy never loe unless the league conspires against them and where they won the cup in 2011. You seem happy there.

6 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Wow, I knew that you're delusional. But did you really just compare the nhl to ISIS.  Im done with you. Go back to your fantasy world where the Canucks are the greatest franchise in sports history, where thy never loe unless the league conspires against them and where they won the cup in 2011. You seem happy there.

OK I'll give u another comparison. 

You are to the NHL, what barrack obama is to the US government. Just a puppet that will spread their propaganda and brainwash it's people. 

Open your eyes. It's a business foremost. Then it's hockey. If a game is 3-0 they'll do what they can to make it more entertaining. 

Yea canucks did win in 2011 - I'll go to my grave knowing that. Don't kid yourself, we got cheated. 

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

OK I'll give u another comparison. 

You are to the NHL, what barrack obama is to the US government. Just a puppet that will spread their propaganda and brainwash it's people. 

Open your eyes. It's a business foremost. Then it's hockey. If a game is 3-0 they'll do what they can to make it more entertaining. 

Yea canucks did win in 2011 - I'll go to my grave knowing that. Don't kid yourself, we got cheated. 

Wow! I guess you're using hyperbole to make your point heard.  Any businesses spread propaganda to attract (maintain) customers.  You could (maybe) use Macdonald's for your analogy, or even a cigarette company, and that might be better?

22 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Do you realise how lame you sound. No doubt you were one of the hundreds on here that said the very same thing about AV. 

If anything it's CDC that can't adapt. They are like kids, they want all the rookies playing but they jump up and down stamping their feet when we lose.

Do you know how lame you are with your batman avatar and trying to be daddy on the forums. I liked AV,

I don't care about losing? I want a high draft pick, I don't even really know what you're talking about Alfstinker.

And it's stomping bro not stamping.

Archived