The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 3, Habs 4

TheRussianRocket.

Not really surprised they blew a 3-0 lead and lose in OT. Seems to be a theme. It will only keep going until the coaching staff does something about it, which they haven't and it starts with the core group. PP for example. Yes they scored 2 PPG's but its still the same old PP, turnovers and giving up SHG. Also shortening the bench has caused this team troubles and don't even argue with me on this one. Canucks always lose when the bench is shortened. Literally only 8 forwards were played today with under 10 minutes to go. Our defence is just terrible and it's probably the one that needs to be fixed the most.

Anyways if you haven't lowered your expectations, you should. Unless we start seeing changes we will see more games like this.

I'd say Marky made plenty of 'timely saves'. 

Oh absolutely, not pinning the loss on him. 

I'm just used to being spoiled by Luongo and Schneider; who had the ability to shut the door more times than not when the whole team collapsed.

Moral of my rant is that, it drives me nuts how good this team is at packing it in when we have a numerous goal lead.

This loss hurt, but this is what a team in transition looks like. We've got a lot of young players on the ice and they're going to make more mistakes. But this is what we wanted right? A younger team. 

But they're learning in a COMPETITIVE environment. This team is in it every night. That's awesome.

And lay off Bo. He's 20, playing against 2nd lines every night. 

And and maybe lay off WD too. He's coaching a team with 5 rookies on it.

This loss hurt, but this is what a team in transition looks like. We've got a lot of young players on the ice and they're going to make more mistakes. But this is what we wanted right? A younger team. 

But they're learning in a COMPETITIVE environment. This team is in it every night. That's awesome.

And lay off Bo. He's 20, playing against 2nd lines every night. 

And and maybe lay off WD too. He's coaching a team with 5 rookies on it.

This team, finds ways to lose. 2011, we found ways to win. Tells you which direction we are headed. WD mixed lines up late and it caused confusion on a backcheck. Our D once again was horrible at times. Looking more like a pretender than a contender. 

Oobviously this team is not a contender... everyone should have known that before the season started. 

Archived