The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

For Men (and women?) - Beard growth and itchiness

-AJ-

Facial Hair and Itchiness  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 11/18/2015, 9:31:33, drummerboy said:

You can deal with the lip by just letting it grow out just a bit longer, and getting a wax or beard balm and 'curling' it to the sides.  It looks dope, and stops it from going in your mouth.  

Ive got a big beard and it never itches.  Not even from the start. 

It seems like a hygiene issue . 

I'd honestly like to know what kind of hygiene techniques you are using to avoid itching. I've tried everything: scrubbing, shampooing, conditioner, soaps, etc... always the same effect. Mega rashes underneath the beard.

26 minutes ago, taxi said:

I'd honestly like to know what kind of hygiene techniques you are using to avoid itching. I've tried everything: scrubbing, shampooing, conditioner, soaps, etc... always the same effect. Mega rashes underneath the beard.

I suppose it's worth the question:

is the beard worth it?

1 hour ago, taxi said:

It's not just about washing the hair.    That's what a lot of people don't get.    You still need to wash your skin under the beard with face cleaning product. It's not your scalp. It still gets oily, etc....

for a lot of people shampoo also is hard on the face and can make you itch. A good beard shampoo will help with that.  

Maybe your face just really doesn't want a beard. 

Archived