The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grenier recalled shinkaruk sent down.

Yukoncanuck87

Hey guys this is my first the first topic I've posted so bare with me here.

Grenier has been recalled and shinkaruk sent down how does everyone feel about this? I got a feeling Benning is gauging the talent for a possible trade for a top4 d-man? Or is he trying to better fill the bottom 6 with more toughness while Prus and burrows are out? 

If he does more than sit on the bench that's awesome.  been a Grenier fan since we picked him up.  A lot of people wanted (might still want to) trade him with our RW depth being so shallow.

But his skating is markedly improved, he is doing the little things right and is a big body with a shade more game legal edge than some of the big boys we've had recently like Kassian and Matthias.

I don't think he's gauging talent at all for a trade because that would mean that Willie D would have to play these kids more than 7-10 minutes a night on the 4th line to increase their value.  Besides; we have vets to trade before youth.

Vrbata might not play tonight - probably why they recalled Grenier who is also an RW.

Lines at practice:

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks  30m30 minutes ago

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Higgins-McCann-Grenier
Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Cracknell-Dorsett
Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Hutton-Bartkowski

2 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Wasn't Benning offering Shinkaruk+2 1sts in 2014 to buffalo to get Reinhart? Dang if that would of happen he would have been a hero.

Mike Gillis and co confirm again he can't draft. Other then Horvat that is.

Lets hope some of these young guys look better next year!

Wtf are you talking about?

Youd rather have Reinhart with his 3G3A over McCann (who alone has out scored him this season on a 4th line role), Virtanen AND shinkaruk?

Are you crazy?

12 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Grenier was on a line with Higgins and McCann at the morning skate, Vrbata is scratched

Lines during @VanCanucks morning skate from WPG:22-33-36, 14-53-18, 20-91-65(Grenier), 47-24-15 D=23-8, 27-5, 2-44

Me likes n looks like I'm eating pizza tonight too :)

we just added a lot more toughness today. Tis a good day. Plus glad webers benched too. 

16 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Wasn't Benning offering Shinkaruk+2 1sts in 2014 to buffalo to get Reinhart? Dang if that would of happen he would have been a hero.

Mike Gillis and co confirm again he can't draft. Other then Horvat that is.

Lets hope some of these young guys look better next year!

Hutton, Cassels are Gillis draft picks.

all good stuff or developments as the Jets are a big gritty tough skating team with skill to go who have some what been on hard times lately .This should be a good game if team as regrouped an shows up full 60 minutes .

Happy for Vrbata getting a service day.perogies an vodka sounds like the order of the night enjoy game get better soon .I love the menu in the Peg.

Archived