The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grenier recalled shinkaruk sent down.

Yukoncanuck87

26 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

its official the only way guys from the AHL will make this team is if they have a performance similar to Pavel Bure's first game and that's just sad! I ask what the hell has Higgins does to deserve a roster spot? 

The only reason Cracknell is here is because he scored a lucky goal in his first game;otherwise he would be sent down too, I do question our mind-set when we bring up players. OH SCORE A GOAL or GO BACK TO THE FARM!

Also, if Griener used his speed and drove to the outside, and let's say lost the puck he would probaly be benched, I do question again, how this team takes its approach with players, it seems like one mistake and gone. No wonder Hunter couldn't show anything, it seems like coaches tell them to play a safe game, and that's no way to DEVELOP young players because your pretty much taking away their skill from them! 

cracknell has been an excellent player for his role this season. and hutton made the team so theres your ahler. Add in Mccann and Virtanen and there you go, 3 young players made the team this season over last.

10 minutes ago, yoshiyoshi said:

cracknell has been an excellent player for his role this season. and hutton made the team so theres your ahler. Add in Mccann and Virtanen and there you go, 3 young players made the team this season over last.

again, Mccann only made this team because he scored, I bet you if he didn't score at the pace he is he would be sent down along with Virtanen, and Cracknell is only in the line up because he scored. If he played hard and didn't have his 2 goals in the start of the season, I bet you that he would be sent down. My point is in order to stay in the line up the AHLer's have to score goals, plays are not appreciated and that makes me question the mind set of our coaching staff because they have unrealistic expectations.  

12 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

again, Mccann only made this team because he scored, I bet you if he didn't score at the pace he is he would be sent down along with Virtanen, and Cracknell is only in the line up because he scored. If he played hard and didn't have his 2 goals in the start of the season, I bet you that he would be sent down. My point is in order to stay in the line up the AHLer's have to score goals, plays are not appreciated and that makes me question the mind set of our coaching staff because they have unrealistic expectations.  

It's you who has the unrealistic expectations. Gaunce, Shinkaruk and Grenier were not brought up to stay or to be given a shot to stick around. The team simply needed a spare body to fill in. So just like they did last season, the team rewarded them with a NHL game when there was an opening.

7 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

It's you who has the unrealistic expectations. Gaunce, Shinkaruk and Grenier were not brought up to stay or to be given a shot to stick around. The team simply needed a spare body to fill in. So just like they did last season, the team rewarded them with a NHL game when there was an opening.

what has Higgins done to deserve a roster spot please tell me

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

What has Gaunce, Grenier or Shinkaruk done to deserve a roster spot over Higgins?

Gaunce and Grenier bring physicality, Shinkaruk brings speed.  All three bring youthful energy and a smaller cap hit.

5 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

So they deserve a spot based on playing traits? Over a seasoned pro?

Yes, yes they do.  But they wont so you don't have to worry about it.  Instead we'll get 9 goals out of Higgins if we're lucky, he'll finish the year as a minus, all the while taking a roster spot from someone that can not only out perform him but do so on a lesser cap hit. 

I think they will all get their chances.

Grenier played well by any standard but maybe Sutter or Prust is coming back. People get too uptight about coaching and management decisions on here without knowing any of the background or facts.

Desi, you need to relax bud, we are in transition, you know.:P

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Yes, yes they do.  But they wont so you don't have to worry about it.  Instead we'll get 9 goals out of Higgins if we're lucky, he'll finish the year as a minus, all the while taking a roster spot from someone that can not only out perform him but do so on a lesser cap hit. 

This team already has enough unknowns in the lineup. I will take a known commodity. 

This team needs a minor shake up internally... if I were JB, I would waive Baertschi since he just doesn't produce consistently.... send Cracknell down too....  call up Shinkaruk and Grenier. You should see some positive results! If not, then it's time to make trades. I personally wanna get rid of Higgins and Vrbata to save cap$ and make room for our young players waiting in the wings.

7 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

This team needs a minor shake up internally... if I were JB, I would waive Baertschi since he just doesn't produce consistently.... send Cracknell down too....  call up Shinkaruk and Grenier. You should see some positive results! If not, then it's time to make trades. I personally wanna get rid of Higgins and Vrbata to save cap$ and make room for our young players waiting in the wings.

By positive results you mean more losses right?

8 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Dude... you wanna sit back and hope they'll suddenly score more and be able to hold leads?? Are you suggesting Shink and Grenier will do worse than Baer and Cracknell????

I'm willing to wait a lot more than 20 games to see what happens. I have patience. It's a rare thing in the ADD world we live in.

Archived