The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Nyi

devils999

One or the other I think.

Obviously NYI would like some depth on defence back, if they're giving up Hamonic they'll have Pulock to replace him, but will need someone to replace HIM in the AHL on the depth chart.

TO NYI: Vbrata + 2nd + Pedan

TO VAN: Hamonic

Might seem a bit much but Vbrata's not having a great season. If anything, we have leverige in the deal because he wants to be traded, but it'll depend what Edmonton and Winnipeg are offerring. Edmonton seem to be our biggest competitor because they need him as much as we do.

This has been going on since summer...nothing new to report here. I thought CDC already proposed every conceivable combination to get Hamonic already. Additionally, since the Canucks is listed as one of his preferred destinations I'm pretty sure GMJB has tried as well...and as of yet the Isles have said no. Doesn't look good for us here sadly. I would think Winterpeg would be his #1 choice, and they might deal Buff so...

Only thing going for us is that he has asked to be traded which makes his value go down no matter what anyone says!We got less for Kess and Luo and they will!That is why I would do the trade I said and tell them since he wants a trades makes his value go down!They will learn when teams laugh at what they ask for an unhappy player!

1 minute ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Edler or Hamhuis + Shinkaruk + 2nd for Hamonic. 

Even this won't get it done.

Both Edler and especially Hamhuis haven't played that well thus hurting their trade value. Especially Hammer, he is a pending ufa and it appears his game has really dropped off. I really don't understand why folks keep putting him in proposals. I haven't even mentioned his ntc yet...

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Both Edler and especially Hamhuis haven't played that well thus hurting their trade value. Especially Hammer, he is a pending ufa and it appears his game has really dropped off. I really don't understand why folks keep putting him in proposals. I haven't even mentioned his ntc yet...

This isn't my proposal,I've seen this on HFboards and even here. Im just saying it won't get the deal done. But I agree, Edler and Hamhuis' values are nothing right now.

Vrbata - upcoming UFA, strong depth in forwards, and youth integration. 
Hamhuis - upcoming UFA and hasn't been the same since hip-check on Lucic in 2011 SC finals. Still a good defenseman, it's just time to move on.

for

Hamonic - RHD and wants to play here.
conditional 2nd round pick 2016 - JB specialty. Turns into 1st round pick 2016 if Hamhuis and/or Vrbata re-sign

NYI  poised for playoff contention gets 2 proven experienced veterans.
VAN gets exactly what they need right now which is a strong two-way RHD.

I don't understand why many people on here are overvaluing Hamonic and throwing in our entire farm at them based on the circumstances which greatly favours us. NYI only has 3 or 4 teams to choose from. 

Archived