The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Another loss...now 7-7-6

TheRussianRocket.

Burrows nailed it, we have no finish.

We had a lot of chances this game. Like GREAT chances and we couldn't bury them. That's the difference, and honestly the story of this road trip.

We'll pick it up again, I have no doubt about that. Right now its tough but hang in there.

Bright side is we play Chicago next. We usually get up for those guys and turn our season around afterwards for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

I swear they don't get the transition part. Even if the rookies weren't even here this team isn't close to being a contender. People should really start having lower expectations.

This team is largely a collection of players who have yet to enter their prime or have already passed it.

The big goal of this season should be to at least bridge that gap a little bit. They've been competitive (score-wise) in pretty much every game this year, just that different components of their game have been failing them at different times.

Well trader Jim you really have your work cut out now perhaps before road trip it was hidden but WD could not hide it so what you gonna do next? very curious how to get out of this fox hole an survive intact an make a playoff spot realistically .Don't look know other teams in conference are starting to move up in standings slowly but still moving we are trending the other way fast no help in sight.Once we slip out of third it will be lights out ,it is not a reasonable expectation to even entertain a wildcard won't even be close.

balls in your court JB an TL what you gonna do here?The bleeding needs to stop pretty fast to salvage this group while most concur it is somewhat better team than the record ,"it is what it is"

Just now, baumerman77 said:

Benning built a bad team this year. Admittedly, he wasn't dealt a great hand. I don't think much of Benning as a GM but I think that the time you want a guy like Benning to be your GM is during a rebuild. 

To be fair this team looked pretty good with Sbisa, Prust and Sutter in the lineup.

We need that sort of sandpaper to complement our rookies and Sedins.

Without those 3 guys, we have Dorsett and that's about it...no chance against the big and strong Jets.

• -SN- featured this topic

The Vets aren't getting it done.

The Kids aren't getting it done.

Miller isn't getting it done.

Markstrom is, but has no support in front of him.

The defense is on par with Edmonton's...

1-5-1 on what should have been a fairly easy roadtrip.

Chicago is our first test back at home.

I think this is what rock bottom feels like guys.

Just now, HC20.0 said:

The Vets aren't getting it done.

The Kids aren't getting it done.

Miller isn't getting it done.

Markstrom is, but has no support in front of him.

The defense is on par with Edmonton's...

1-5-1 on what should have been a fairly easy roadtrip.

Chicago is our first test back at home.

I think this is what rock bottom feels like guys.

I think letting in 7 goals against the Isles a couple seasons back was worse than ALL this.

Archived