The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the next coach of the Vancouver Canucks

RU SERIOUS

There are a lot of complaints about Desjardin's handling of ice time with the youngsters and his unwillingness to stray from a plan that is not working. He has in many fans minds restricted the development of our young players, with the exception of Ben Hutton. Travis Green has been great with developing talent in Utica, is highly respected at the NHL level and is not far from a HC job in the NHL. To me it's reminiscent of Coach V's time with Manitoba before he came to coach the Canucks. He developed players that went on to be core players for the Canucks ( Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Rypien, Hansen ect) and it helped the transition for him and the players from AHL to the big club work seamlessly. Maybe it's time to consider Travis for a similar transition. Maybe then we can actually inject more youth into the lineup and the coaching staff and players will grow together.

3 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

No WD gets too much hate. He's a good coach

minus all the rookie errors he makes right?  to many men penalties, sitting back with leads, shortening the bench to lose, playing vets that underperform and never calling them out (hamhuis, weber) while limiting youngsters that out perform them ( baertchi, virt)  real good coach

I don't get this, honestly did you  not watch the freaking Calgary series! Maybe its time to admit this team is not a elite team anymore, maybe its time to be patient and let this team get younger. What the hell is firing the coach going to do. We fired Torts who said in his press conference, that the core needs to change! did we listen to him? He mentioned time and time again, this team fails to PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL (go back to some of the goals Flames scored) Again did we move those guys? As much the fan base hated Torts, he was right about how this team needs to change, we are making a small transition but a annoying one since the coach can't get over his love with the 2011 core. 

While i hope green one day will be nhl coach i almost think a amazing coach is more important at ahl as thats where our future grows. Players leaving utica with enhanced confidence, more skills and professional experience probably goes further then the opposite. Not as much room to build confidence and skills in nhl if your not ready. Who would replace greene

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

I don't get this, honestly did you  not watch the freaking Calgary series! Maybe its time to admit this team is not a elite team anymore, maybe its time to be patient and let this team get younger. What the hell is firing the coach going to do. We fired Torts who said in his press conference, that the core needs to change! did we listen to him? He mentioned time and time again, this team fails to PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL (go back to some of the goals Flames scored) Again did we move those guys? As much the fan base hated Torts, he was right about how this team needs to change, we are making a small transition but a annoying one since the coach can't get over his love with the 2011 core. 

look what you did OP. this one's on you.

It would be stupid to make such a judgement 20 games in on the coaching.

Our problems lie far deeper than coaching. 3 coaches have ran into the same damn problems. 1 line team with above average goaltending, weak defense and streaky secondary scoring. On top of that injuries.

I am fine with how WD handles the youth besides in the 3rd period at times. The rookie forwards have all been averaging 10-11 minutes which is around what Horvat averaged last season.

I really liked the way WD handled Horvat last season. He eased him in then handed him a bit more responsibility in the 2nd half of the season. After January last year Bo never had a game where he played under 10 minutes including playoffs.

I see McCann following the same path as Bo. Jared is the only one that has truly impressed and should get the same treatment as Bo did last year. Only thing I don't like about McCann is that he is awful on the draws which is more than likely a strength issue.

Baertschi either looks really good or invisible and Virtanen is on par with the veterans. Both of them are probably going to take more time to earn Willie's trust as well as ease into this league than McCann which is understandable.

Archived