The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the next coach of the Vancouver Canucks

RU SERIOUS

5 hours ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

There are a lot of complaints about Desjardin's handling of ice time with the youngsters and his unwillingness to stray from a plan that is not working. He has in many fans minds restricted the development of our young players, with the exception of Ben Hutton. Travis Green has been great with developing talent in Utica, is highly respected at the NHL level and is not far from a HC job in the NHL. To me it's reminiscent of Coach V's time with Manitoba before he came to coach the Canucks. He developed players that went on to be core players for the Canucks ( Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Rypien, Hansen ect) and it helped the transition for him and the players from AHL to the big club work seamlessly. Maybe it's time to consider Travis for a similar transition. Maybe then we can actually inject more youth into the lineup and the coaching staff and players will grow together.

No

Seriously...:picard::picard:

The same people whining about Coach Willie D (who I also question) and suggesting eh be relieved are the EXACT same people who have been questioning how Green uses rookies and youth in Utica all last season and even this season.

We could fire WD, bring up Green and by this time next year people would be whining about wanting a new coach and also whining about the new guy in utica.

Chased off AV, he seems to be doing quite well, cheered for Torts, look what that got us; cheered for Willie D and now you want him gone...

What the hell people...takes more than a single season plus 22 games in a transition year to get things right.  It is NOT the coach that has us currently in the middle oft he pack and a mere 2 points from 2nd in our division 4 points from a top 10 placing in the entire league.

Stop being so damned impatient and bi polar because straight up it is fans like this that were a HUGE part of the reason the canucks almost moved in the 90;s  

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

minus all the rookie errors he makes right?  to many men penalties, sitting back with leads, shortening the bench to lose, playing vets that underperform and never calling them out (hamhuis, weber) while limiting youngsters that out perform them ( baertchi, virt)  real good coach

Sooo

Play the rookies (plays the rookies) play the vets more (plays the vets more) play a solid 4 line system (plays a solid 4 line system) cope with injuries (copes with injuries) win the game (does everything to win the game) make the playoffs (loses the most 1 goal games in the league this season still garnering points doing it)

He's a rookie coach.  Making rookie mistakes.  You want the rookies to play more...even making rookie mistakes.  Yet refuse to accept a coach who is doing his best with what he has making the same rookie mistakes?

Alright then.  I can see this forum forget it's bi-polar medication today, I'll just see myself out

Willie will not be fired this season, period. Only melodramatic fools foaming at the mouth circle jerking around the radio listening to chicken little on TSN 1040 would think of such a thing. Have never seen a coach that was fired at the first sign of trouble in their tenure before even being given a chance to try to work their way out of it. Travis will get his chance in the NHL, but not now.

I am not a big WD fan by any means but give him a break here. Sedins are a year older, Injuries, rookie mistakes, and let's face it we aren't a sure playoff team. We are on the bubble and wouldn't be fair after last year to fire WD after all that has happened. Also, you fired WD and then what?   Who replaces him?

Fired WD in the spring/summer even in 2017 spring/summer but not now. No great options to replace and some of the things are out of his control. This team is on the downhill and hanging on for a couple years of 1st round exits till the young guys can push us further on.

19 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

I am not a big WD fan by any means but give him a break here. Sedins are a year older, Injuries, rookie mistakes, and let's face it we aren't a sure playoff team. We are on the bubble and wouldn't be fair after last year to fire WD after all that has happened. Also, you fired WD and then what?   Who replaces him?

Fired WD in the spring/summer even in 2017 spring/summer but not now. No great options to replace and some of the things are out of his control. This team is on the downhill and hanging on for a couple years of 1st round exits till the young guys can push us further on.

I don't think they'll risk losing Green by keeping wd that long.  I think we was brought in as an interim coach until green, and the youth movement, were truly ready for prime time.

Archived