The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Think Alex Edler is a Liability

Drewismyname

As a long standing Canucks fan, I have witnessed, year in and year out, our playoff chances disintegrate. I have re-watched the past few years of this team's playoff failures, and believe a large percentage of the blame falls on the disinterested play of Alex Edler. I have argued this point, to the dismay of CDCers for years. The ousting of Roberto Luongo, the blaming of the Sedins for a lack of offense, all unwarranted. Almost every big turning point moment in the playoffs the Canucks have failed to stop their opponents,  is highlighted by an absent minded Alexander Edler.

This is not a troll post, nor is it a hate on for Edler. I simply think the Canucks would have done better without him. Remember to look at the score and consider the points in the series that these failures occur at. 

For The Record:
November 22/15 vs Devils: On ice for 10/16 goals against

5 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

He never was. The overrating of him on CDC over the years has been mind-numbing.

Not just CDC...last night's announcers suggesting him for the All-Star game was mind-numbing, to say the least.  How humiliating for all of us to watch him get walked in a 3 on 3 competition.

I saw a few errors, which wouldn't be hard to find for any NHL player, and a whole lot of 2 on 1's and goalie fails/errors. Not an overly convincing video. He has never been a good shut down D, he's more of an all around guy. What we're lacking right now is a shut down guy. Willie Mitchell should still be a Canuck.

Whether he is a top pairing guy or not, he isn't in control of his faculties and has shown year after year that he can't be relied on in key pressure situations. Why coaches continue to think he is that guy is beyond my comprehension. The only coach to call him out seems to have been Tortorella, and we all know how everyone feels about him. 

I don't support scapegoating or having a whipping boy, but I do want the Vancouver Canucks to win a cup. That won't happen if we continue to rely on him.

6 minutes ago, Drewismyname said:

Whether he is a top pairing guy or not, he isn't in control of his faculties and has shown year after year that he can't be relied on in key pressure situations. Why coaches continue to think he is that guy is beyond my comprehension. The only coach to call him out seems to have been Tortorella, and we all know how everyone feels about him. 

I don't support scapegoating or having a whipping boy, but I do want the Vancouver Canucks to win a cup. That won't happen if we continue to rely on him.

But you made this thread?

Archived