The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Highschool: Hated it or loved it?

Mainly Mattias

Highschool: Hated it or loved it?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, JE14 said:

So you peaked six months ago?

It was somewhat of a joke. 

I have my whole life ahead of me but I just find it hard to believe I'll ever have as much fun as I did in highschool. 

Drank a lot of beer, smoked a lot of weed, chased a lot of girls and generally had a great time for 5 years. 

Maybe I didn't get anything out of highschool in terms of education but I've always been more focused on having a good time. 

About to drop out of college after one semester though so maybe I should have focused more on school :lol:

I figure that I'm 18 and will eventually sort out what I want to do with my life. 

I switched high schools in Grade 10 and am something of an introvert so I never really ingratiated myself into a social group after that. It felt like the lines were already drawn and established when I got there. I got along with most people, and didn't  have any enemies, but I was kind of a ghost. I didn't really make a lot of close friends. It was rather lonely.

I'm probably the guy no one remembers. Still, it could have been much worse.

22 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I switched high schools in Grade 10 and am something of an introvert so I never really ingratiated myself into a social group after that. It felt like the lines were already drawn and established when I got there. I got along with most people, and didn't  have any enemies, but I was kind of a ghost. I didn't really make a lot of close friends. It was rather lonely.

I'm probably the guy no one remembers. Still, it could have been much worse.

Your open honesty is appreciated.  ive said here before my highschool years were the drug years of the late sixties/early seventies.  Most of us were ghosts, who didn't get involved much, and we can't remember much of What went on anyway.  I would trade you memories, just so I had some.  

There's things to love and hate about every period of my life.  If it wasn't that way, it would have been pretty boring.

Things I loved about high school, during high school:

Falling in love.

Challenging authority.

Goofing off.  A lot of Super Street Fighter 2.

Things I loved about high school, after high school:

Not much responsibility.

I did well.

It could have been worse.

Things I hated about high school, during high school:

Certain classmates and groups of them.

Not knowing what to do with girls.

Certain mundane tasks.

Things I hated about high school, after high school:

Not knowing what to do with girls.  Still don't.  But I ended up married with kids anyway, so I must have done something right.

How small it is.  I love back now and if physically looks tiny.  Whereas back then it was much more daunting.  Why is that?

Wasting time on trivial things.  Although this is a long term habit and regret.  For example, I'm wasting some time writing this.

17 hours ago, Caboose said:

It was somewhat of a joke. 

I have my whole life ahead of me but I just find it hard to believe I'll ever have as much fun as I did in highschool. 

Drank a lot of beer, smoked a lot of weed, chased a lot of girls and generally had a great time for 5 years. 

Maybe I didn't get anything out of highschool in terms of education but I've always been more focused on having a good time. 

About to drop out of college after one semester though so maybe I should have focused more on school :lol:

I figure that I'm 18 and will eventually sort out what I want to do with my life. 

You're were in high school for 5 years?! :huh:

I went to a small high school (500 students), so I got to meet and know a lot of people. I ended up knowing most of my grad class pretty well, and was almost voted as the representative for my graduation year (Still salty, only 2nd place).

- Playing defense in soccer was really fun. I was terrible, but my teammates stuck with me and helped me out

- Competing in the CIG with my school

- The sense of community. I felt really tight-knit with many people, and I ended up getting to know more people than I ever thought I'd ever manage

As someone only in their first semester of University, I can look back in High School and definitely say I had an excellent time. 

On 11/21/2015, 3:18:22, BaerOxHitman said:

It's not that I'm already giving up, I'm just not trying anymore. I've only had 1 positive relationship in my lifetime. Most of my experiences with women have been less than fulfilling. I've been cheated, dumped and lead on. It's not fun. I don't want a petty teenage fling. I want a real relationship, where we actually want to spend time together.

Accepting the fact I probably won't have a lot of relationships in my life has made me happier. I don't go out looking. Im focusing on other stuff like travelling and working and gaming.

And I like being alone. People these days are rude and inconsiderate and greedy and I really don't need anything to do with them. One of the reasons why I love this board is because I can relate to so many people. I'm not joking when I say I don't know anybody IRL that likes hockey. Like WTF this is Canada. And I only have a select few who are privileged enough to be my friend.

I would love to eventually travel solo. This next trip however I'm going with my mom and her hubby to see some family.

I was thinking about staying in a hostel when I travel alone, as I've read they are great for meeting new people.

Definitely stay in hostels, there is no better way to meet people.  Like seriously, there is no better way.  

I've done a lot of travelling, some with friends some solo, and believe me when I say you would literally have to go out of your way to avoid meeting people in hostels.  If you're travelling by yourself even more so.  There will always be people in your room, in the seating area, in the bar, etc. who will be more than eager to get you to hang out with them.  It's almost always a "the more the merrier" sort of thing.

I'm currently in highschool and it has it's highs and lows.  To be honest, I'm not that popular nor am I a nobody, I'm in the middle.  My school has about 500 kids attending it.  Most people are nice and some people don't even try to be a little respectful.  In my grade there are 8 "cliques" in my grade.  You got your popular kids, stoners, jocks, social butterflies, and others.  

Highs of highschool so far:

- Football, and other sports.                                                                                                                

- Girls

- Not that many responsibilities

- Chilling with friends

Cons:

- Jackasses                                                                                                                                                                                          

I'm definitely more popular this year than I was last year, I'm starting to talk to more people and building a relatively positive relationship with everyone around me.  I'm hoping to start going to more parties and to start meeting new people.  I like what's ahead of me for the rest of highschool.  I'm in grade 10 for those of you that care.                    

Archived