The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

France to Take 30,000 Syrian Refugees

nucklehead

20 hours ago, Dral said:

6 hours ago, *16* said:

those guys over there train their kids to hold guns and be able to shoot... do you not follow what is going on... and my user name is based on my favorite hockey player.. i don't get how you can be so ignorant towards the situation and to think i am so stupid for even suggesting other ideas... go have a snickers your not yourself making that comment i would hope!

darcy tucker?

2euo2dh.jpg

6 hours ago, *16* said:

those guys over there train their kids to hold guns and be able to shoot... do you not follow what is going on... and my user name is based on my favorite hockey player.. i don't get how you can be so ignorant towards the situation and to think i am so stupid for even suggesting other ideas...

courtesy-theguardian.com_.jpgkids-and-guns.jpg140124_sawyer_young_guns_promo_wg.jpg

People's ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Yes. Fear the Muslim man, for he will come and is smarter than you, more capable than you, and more driven than you, so he will probably take your job.

19 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

courtesy-theguardian.com_.jpgkids-and-guns.jpg140124_sawyer_young_guns_promo_wg.jpg

People's ignorance never ceases to amaze me. Yes. Fear the Muslim man, for he will come and is smarter than you, more capable than you, and more driven than you, so he will probably take your job.

Too crazy!  We got plastic guns with plastic bullets as little kids for our Christmas gifts, and we shot up everything, and everyone we could find.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Too crazy!  We got plastic guns with plastic bullets as little kids for our Christmas gifts, and we shot up everything, and everyone we could find.  

Want a little perspective to truly bring the American insanity around full circle? Keep those images in mind when you read these stories:

10-year-old suspended for making fingers into shape of gun

Baltimore 7-year-old suspended for making 'gun' out of a pastry

Fifth-grader reprimanded for bringing paper ‘gun’ to school

First grader suspended and facing expulsion after finding toy gun in backpack and even turning himself in

TSA Throws Out Boy’s 'Toy Story' Souvenir For Looking Like A Gun

It's pure madness. 

7 hours ago, *16* said:

those guys over there train their kids to hold guns and be able to shoot... do you not follow what is going on... and my user name is based on my favorite hockey player.. i don't get how you can be so ignorant towards the situation and to think i am so stupid for even suggesting other ideas...

When I was six, my uncle handed me a 12 gauge shotgun and told me to "Shoot that crow."  I blew it out of the sky. My grandpa wouldn't let me hunt unless I could shoot a dime at 50 paces. I could do so by age 7. This was pretty typical in the area I grew up in.

I started earning my own money delivering flyers at age 9. I am not a criminal, nor a terrorist. If we give people reasons to hate, they will hate. Conversely, if we give people reasons to feel part of our country, they will. I agree that we have to be very careful screening, but we can't vilify an entire group of people either.

4 hours ago, Dral said:

Most of your post was just melodramatic non-sense, the only thing you really said was you think terrorists are sending us refugees to take our jobs... and 'hurt us economically'... that's so crazy I just.... don't have words to describe...

Here's a recent article talking about this, but it's been known for a long time that refugees have, the vast majority of the time, a positive effect on the economy of the places that take them in. (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/syrian-refugees-booster-economy-1.3328331)

Honestly, I don't know what it is that you are following, but it's not based in reality

you quoting something is useless and obviously one sided... i read an article and sure i could find more to support it. it was just a statement that you tore me apart on so let this one go please and do not respond any more.. i will report this if this continues. I will leave this with this... we will agree to disagree... i honor your opinion. I don't honor you dissing mine....

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Had a pellet gun by age ten or so and my bro would have only been 7,8...

we used to make pretend guns out of sticks and whatever wood was laying around then chase each other, the neighbours kids and whomever playing "guns".

cap guns too....firecrackers: used to jam them into GI Joes and blow them up.

"good Canadian kid" I am.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

we used to make pretend guns out of sticks and whatever wood was laying around then chase each other, the neighbours kids and whomever playing "guns".

Yup.  So seeing the pictures of this little kids with real guns is just too crazy.  For certain we would have shot one another, and pretty much every thing else too.  

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

When I was 11, the neighborhood kids used to have "wars" with pellet and bb guns. The rule was body shots or leg shots only. No nards, no head. I had a friend lined up mid-body, but he dropped to his knees to take aim at me just as I shot. I ended up shooting him right in the middle of the forehead. His dad was furious. That was the end of our pellet/bb gun wars. Good times!

3 hours ago, *16* said:

you quoting something is useless and obviously one sided... i read an article and sure i could find more to support it. it was just a statement that you tore me apart on so let this one go please and do not respond any more.. i will report this if this continues. I will leave this with this... we will agree to disagree... i honor your opinion. I don't honor you dissing mine....

Then stop posting racist, fear-mongering, lies

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

Then stop posting racist, fear-mongering, lies

seeming how you just said that i can't just stop obviously.. you won't let it go... even calling me racist and making lies up... not lies and definitely not racist... for you to suggest that is rude and arrogant. what started as a single opinion on a statement has just gone to far .... what i said wasn't so monsterous drama queen.

11 minutes ago, *16* said:

seeming how you just said that i can't just stop obviously.. you won't let it go... even calling me racist and making lies up... not lies and definitely not racist... for you to suggest that is rude and arrogant. what started as a single opinion on a statement has just gone to far .... what i said wasn't so monsterous drama queen.

here is video... just a small sample this is no lie....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxZfP1fC_I

just wanted to add that ya i could of been wrong and per haps the economy would be better...

6 minutes ago, *16* said:

It wasn't monstrous, it was ignorant. Very, very ignorant. It was also a few other things, but I'll keep that to myself, lest you go report-happy. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

It wasn't monstrous, it was ignorant. Very, very ignorant. It was also a few other things, but I'll keep that to myself, lest you go report-happy. :lol:

who is ignorant me or him?? you guys are dragging me down... i even supplied a video and admitted an error in judgment with the economy... i am not reporting anything but clearly at this point trying to explain my opinion...::D

25 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

i am open to considering i was in error with judgment... clearly i haven't viewed things properly... i just see things like the video i posted then look at your pictures... there is just so much more to the topic.... 

5 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

When I was six, my uncle handed me a 12 gauge shotgun and told me to "Shoot that crow."  I blew it out of the sky. My grandpa wouldn't let me hunt unless I could shoot a dime at 50 paces. I could do so by age 7. This was pretty typical in the area I grew up in.

I started earning my own money delivering flyers at age 9. I am not a criminal, nor a terrorist. If we give people reasons to hate, they will hate. Conversely, if we give people reasons to feel part of our country, they will. I agree that we have to be very careful screening, but we can't vilify an entire group of people either.

i don't hate... i appreciate... just scared and it was rude to generalize everyone in that category...i wasn't even aware of doing that... just saw videos and had some thought about them...

12 minutes ago, *16* said:

i am open to considering i was in error with judgment... clearly i haven't viewed things properly... i just see things like the video i posted then look at your pictures... there is just so much more to the topic.... 

They're not "those guys over there", they're real people with, for the vast majority, identical life goals and dreams. They want security, they want their families to be healthy, they want shelter and food, schools and a future. "They" don't train their kids to hold guns, some do, but by and large they're the minority. And there's no evidence that refugees are out to destroy us, or even being used to as a cover for those who are. Maybe why RCMP and CSIS said they are confident in the plan to bring them over here in such a short time frame.

You're looking at a single point of data, and extrapolating it to paint a billion people with the same brush. There is no critical thinking in your posts, it's just fear and ignorance. Is there a chance some bad elements make it over? Sure. Just as there is with literally any other group of people coming over here. We can't be 100% sure, but that shouldn't paralyze us into inaction. These refugees will be grateful to Canada for our help, and whether they stay or go, they will carry it with them for the rest of their lives, be they young or old. 

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

When I was 11, the neighborhood kids used to have "wars" with pellet and bb guns. The rule was body shots or leg shots only. No nards, no head. I had a friend lined up mid-body, but he dropped to his knees to take aim at me just as I shot. I ended up shooting him right in the middle of the forehead. His dad was furious. That was the end of our pellet/bb gun wars. Good times!

Lol.

seriously?

my pellet gun was pretty powerful.  It was a multi pump style and I remember it could go through a plastic garbage can full of water at close range when fully pumped and firing a bb.

crazy man.

on Halloween (in high school) there would be a couple hundred kids on a soccer field at each end shooting bottle rockets and Roman candles at each other.

yourr right.  Those were the days.

Archived