The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) Bring Pedan up for weekend.

SilentSam

Not sure of his waiver status.. He is serving a 1 game suspension tonight (Friday).  Is it possible, with Hutton out, and Sbisa only just announcing he is healthy..  That this would be a golden opportunity to bring Andrey Pedan up for the Hawks and Devils tilts?   A.Pedan has 6 points in 13 games at +4.

check him out in the Utica Threads.

12 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Just leave him in Utica for now. I would rather have Biega in the lineup. We know what he brings to the table and the Canucks do not need anymore question marks.

I can agree that Biega brings a level of consistency and comfort.. But given the games are against the Hawks and Devils..  How about a degree of excitement from someone who brings game and refuses to be pushed around?

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I can agree that Biega brings a level of consistency and comfort.. But given the games are against the Hawks and Devils..  How about a degree of excitement from someone who brings game and refuses to be pushed around?

I've had enough excitement watching 2-3 goal leads disappear.

22 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I've had enough excitement watching 2-3 goal leads disappear.

That has been at the hands of our veterans, not the kids.

I think bringing up other defenceman to see what we have as far as rookies go would be benficial. Gives us a chance to see them against NHL opponents and see if they can handle the change in pace. Would make training camp next year more interesting as we'd already know what some of them bring.

15 minutes ago, Fateless said:

That has been at the hands of our veterans, not the kids.

I think bringing up other defenceman to see what we have as far as rookies go would be benficial. Gives us a chance to see them against NHL opponents and see if they can handle the change in pace. Would make training camp next year more interesting as we'd already know what some of them bring.

I disagree. That is CDC mentality more than anything. I have watched plenty of mistakes from the rookies end up in the back of our net too. But those are just cast aside as growing pains and easily forgotten...or even worse, has the blame passed onto a vet for not covering up for bad pinches, poor passes, etc.

1 minute ago, RonMexico said:

I disagree. That is CDC mentality more than anything. I have watched plenty of mistakes from the rookies end up in the back of our net too. But those are just cast aside as growing pains and easily forgotten...or even worse, has the blame passed onto a vet for not covering up for bad pinches, poor passes, etc.

Actually, you both right and wrong.  Young players tend to make more mistakes than vets, but we do want Pedan up, because we need his presence to protect those very young players you speak of.  

Our only game "Presence" falls to the hands of Dorsett and Prust. This is unfair to them. Its a silver line and game changer that shines through teams like Winnipeg, Boston, Chicago, New Jersey, even the Leafs as a team can shift into a more physical presence than what we can.

its an opportunity.. Physicality is one part of Pedan's game,. He brings it.

Pedan deserves it.

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Our only game "Presence" falls to the hands of Dorsett and Prust. This is unfair to them. Its a silver line and game changer that shines through teams like Winnipeg, Boston, Chicago, New Jersey, even the Leafs as a team can shift into a more physical presence than what we can.

its an opportunity.. Physicality is one part of Pedan's game,. He brings it.

Pedan deserves it.

Dorsett hasn't had many fights recently, he turned into a finesse player with all the minutes he's getting from Willie.

18 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What's it going to hurt? 2 games ain't going to kill anyone. Just a cup of coffee and boom sent back down faster than Grenier or Gaunce.

Fresh face, energy, and swagger.

and considering Pedan was one of JB's first deals made with the Canucks.. a peek at the template... And a sense of promise sent to The Utica Comets.

Totally for it. Let's see what he can bring to the table. If he's brought up for these 2 games and they prove to be physical games I suspect he gets an extended stint up here because he will impress. In that case I predict he sticks around for a couple of weeks before he gets sent back down

4 minutes ago, meh_wassup said:

Totally for it. Let's see what he can bring to the table. If he's brought up for these 2 games and they prove to be physical games I suspect he gets an extended stint up here because he will impress. In that case I predict he sticks around for a couple of weeks before he gets sent back down

Even if he didnt stick too long, it shows a great rotation of players getting opportunity from the farm club,. If I was playing in the AHL, thats all that i could ask for,. The opportunity to "show" when it was deserved. It sends an exciting messgage through the system.

pedan deserves this,. If not now, soon. And I hope he arrives grumpy, keen, and full of adrenaline :lol:

5 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Just leave him in Utica for now. I would rather have Biega in the lineup. We know what he brings to the table and the Canucks do not need anymore question marks.

That's totally counterproductive thinking. What Pedan brings is very obvious. He's a 6'5" defenseman who clearly uses his size and plays with an edge. 

This team desperately needs that. The game against the Jets was like a mini Bruins/Canucks flashback. The Jets used their size and strength to scare the Canucks off the puck. Edler looked like a little puppy out there. It was pathetic. 

Archived