The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) Bring Pedan up for weekend.

SilentSam

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎19‎:‎14‎, PhillipBlunt said:

This team did not solve the grit issue with Dorsett. He's too small to act as a deterrent. And while Prust is tough, he's 31 and will probably only be here for this season. 

It would be nice to have some serious size on the team that provides pushback. Edler, being the biggest defensemen, should provide it, but clearly doesn't. 

Sbisa doesn't relish fighting, and the rest of the defense is to busy chasing the play to provide any grit, outside of the occasionPhal Barftowski hit. 

Phil do you really want Pedan to fight considering his recent concussion? it might be one more and done for him.

16 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

The Canucks are rumoured to be interested and have 3 spots on defence opening up for next year. If they really like what they see giving guaranteed NHL ice time and some Russian influence I'd say they have a small chance of signing him.

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why not, and who is he anyway?

What possible incentive does he have to sign with the Canucks? Chances are he goes to Washington or Toronto. Not like he's posting amazing stats anyways. 

4 hours ago, ice orca said:

Phil do you really want Pedan to fight considering his recent concussion? it might be one more and done for him.

Not fight as much as impose his will on the opposition. I'd like to believe that the team doctors have checked him over thoroughly and wouldn't be putting a player in a position of risk.

11 hours ago, ice orca said:

5 hours ago, The Lock said:

Someone got their wish. Looks like Pedan got the recall.

Their a game late for me,. But that wont keep a few of us from being happy ;) its a positive move by the Canucks, regardless of Pedan's performance or if he even plays.

sends a positive message to Utica that they are watched..

#BoOm-TiMe! :blink:

Check this out at NHL.com: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=789276

Just now, SilentSam said:

Their a game late for me,. But that wont keep a few of us from being happy ;) its a positive move by the Canucks, regardless of Pedan's performance or if he even plays.

sends a positive message to Utica that they are watched..

#BoOm-TiMe! :blink:

lol A game late? Call the cavalry! Bring the pitchforks! It's 2015 where the coaches and GMs should be able to mindread the fans and act on their every desire!

Joking aside. I think you should just run with it. Your proposal happened. ;)

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

lol A game late? Call the cavalry! Bring the pitchforks! It's 2015 where the coaches and GMs should be able to mindread the fans and act on their every desire!

Joking aside. I think you should just run with it. Your proposal happened. ;)

I'll look like "Donkey" if he dosent play well.. Just hope he is as excited as some of us here! :)

... What a fresh reality it is to see more prospects than we have in a decade or more.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I'll look like "Donkey" if he dosent play well.. Just hope he is as excited as some of us here! :)

... What a fresh reality it is to see more prospects than we have in a decade or more.

So basically you want at least a Pedan with a Shinkaruk-wide smile across his face. ;)

To be honest, I don't know what to expect from his game. The NHL is so much different from the AHL. I'm crossing fingers that his game translates well, but I guess we'll see. I'm watching him from pretty much a neutral standpoint with no expectations really, although I hope he plays well.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

So basically you want at least a Pedan with a Shinkaruk-wide smile across his face. ;)

To be honest, I don't know what to expect from his game. The NHL is so much different from the AHL. I'm crossing fingers that his game translates well, but I guess we'll see. I'm watching him from pretty much a neutral standpoint with no expectations really, although I hope he plays well.

I as well,.  Im repeating myself from one of the other threads,. But i lived in Prince George for a year and was able to watch Z.Chara play in the Dub for the Cougars.. From the highlights ive seen of Pedan in Junior, he skated far better than Z. ever did.. As with BiG men,. Time is needed for them to grow into their strengths.. Pedan is on the same timeline,. But without the pressure of being forced into the NHL like Chara.   With his start being above average in Utica for a player of his stature at 22years old.. I think the timing is perfect.. And with the leadership we have.. Im hoping Pedan can force a few issues.

...i'll shut up now.. I got my wish;)

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I as well,.  Im repeating myself from one of the other threads,. But i lived in Prince George for a year and was able to watch Z.Chara play in the Dub for the Cougars.. From the highlights ive seen of Pedan in Junior, he skated far better than Z. ever did.. As with BiG men,. Time is needed for them to grow into their strengths.. Pedan is on the same timeline,. But without the pressure of being forced into the NHL like Chara.   With his start being above average in Utica for a player of his stature at 22years old.. I think the timing is perfect.. And with the leadership we have.. Im hoping Pedan can force a few issues.

...i'll shut up now.. I got my wish;)

I actually mentioned Chara in the Tryamkin thread. I saw those very games as I'm from PG as well. We used to call him a big clown on skates.... that is until he'd run people over like a truck....

EDIT: Thinking about it, in PG we've done quite well at defense really: Chara, Souray, Brewer, Hamhuis, Byfuglien, Boogaard, etc....

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I actually mentioned Chara in the Tryamkin thread. I saw those very games as I'm from PG as well. We used to call him a big clown on skates.... that is until he'd run people over like a truck....

EDIT: Thinking about it, in PG we've done quite well at defense really: Chara, Souray, Brewer, Hamhuis, Byfuglien, Boogaard, etc....

A Team Canada lineup if I ever heard it ;)  

yes! Hope to hear more on Tryamkin, sounds like a great year for him too. Big man gets low to the ice when he skates.. Thats a powerful young man we hope to see in the Spring.

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

A Team Canada lineup if I ever heard it ;)  

yes! Hope to hear more on Tryamkin, sounds like a great year for him too. Big man gets low to the ice when he skates.. Thats a powerful young man we hope to see in the Spring.

I still don't get why we just can't pay off the Russian team and bring him over now?

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I still don't get why we just can't pay off the Russian team and bring him over now?

It was Tryamkins choice to play in the KHL, he apparently wanted good icetime and has been getting. There was no rush to negotiate him out of his contract as he is young and needed developing icetime. His KHL contract expires at the end of this 2016 season. I heard his last game is Feb. 18, and his team may NOT make the playoffs. Im sure JB will be chatting with him then to see what his wishes are.  Hey Alf, lots of info and highlites in his thread. Sounds like he is doing well. :) 

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It was Tryamkins choice to play in the KHL, he apparently wanted good icetime and has been getting. There was no rush to negotiate him out of his contract as he is young and needed developing icetime. His KHL contract expires at the end of this 2016 season. I heard his last game is Feb. 18, and his team may NOT make the playoffs. Im sure JB will be chatting with him then to see what his wishes are.  Hey Alf, lots of info and highlites in his thread. Sounds like he is doing well. :) 

Thanks Sam.  ::D

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I have a feeling that he will end up being something really special. His skating is pretty impressive for such a big guy.

Just looking at the players Benning has drafted since becoming GM makes me giddy. The guy has such an old school eye for talent. His scouting methods are second to none. Truly happy that Jim Benning is the architect of this team going forward.

Archived