The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver-Montreal [Proposal]

So,  two of montreals top 3 prospects for 2 ufa's  (both of whom are struggling this season) and a longshot prospect?  Hamhuis isnt needed at all in Montreal, They're already carrying 8 defencemen on the roster.   And lets not forget the cap, You're sending $9.5 m in cap to a team with $2.5m in cap space.  Fail all around

29 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

So,  two of montreals top 3 prospects for 2 ufa's  (both of whom are struggling this season) and a longshot prospect?  Hamhuis isnt needed at all in Montreal, They're already carrying 8 defencemen on the roster.   And lets not forget the cap, You're sending $9.5 m in cap to a team with $2.5m in cap space.  Fail all around

This.

/thread

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Gilbert for Vrbata.  Montreal takes a risk on Vrbata and uses up most of thier cap space. Vancouver gets a decent 3/4 defenceman to bolster their abysmal defence.  Both are UFA

I don't think it's a trade that Vancouver should consider. As bad as Vrbata has been this season, I think he can pick it up. It would be a mistake to trade him it when his value couldn't be lower.

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

its called retaining cap

Even if Vancouver retains the maximum amount of cap it still doesn't work. Plus. There's zero need for Hansen in Montreal. The deal makes no sense for  either team. Do you really expect Vancouver to trade two roster players and essentially go into full rebuild mode when they're still competing for a playoff spot. I said it earlier. The only deal that makes sense for both teams is Vrbata for Gilbert (or possibly emelin) plus a mid round pick. Montreal has a wealth of defence  Vancouver's defence is a shambles. And the cap works 

40 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Ellers, Jusilian (bc kid) 

for Vrbata, Vey

or

Ellers, Jusilian (bc kid), 2nd

Vrbata, Jensen, C Prospect.

Montreal says no to both offers. doesnt solve their problem on the 2nd line.  They need someone to play with Eller and Galchenyuk.  Also.  You really should learb how to spell the players names correctly. You weren't even close

22 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Gilbert for Vrbata.  Montreal takes a risk on Vrbata and uses up most of thier cap space. Vancouver gets a decent 3/4 defenceman to bolster their abysmal defence.  Both are UFA

"Takes a risk" is entertaining qwib.

You can correct other people's proposals all you want, but yours isn't realistic either - you're not getting Vrbata for that.

Gilbert does not help this team, is not a 3/4 - he's a third pairing dud with horrible underlying numbers.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f5=MTL&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

The worst asset the Habs have.  Weak quality of competition, over 50% ozone starts and terrible possession numbers to go with no production.

17 minutes ago, oldnews said:

"Takes a risk" is entertaining qwib.

You can correct other people's proposals all you want, but yours isn't realistic either - you're not getting Vrbata for that.

Gilbert does not help this team, is not a 3/4 - he's a third pairing dud with horrible underlying numbers.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f5=MTL&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

The worst asset the Habs have.  Weak quality of competition, over 50% ozone starts and terrible possession numbers to go with no production.

I'd say takes a risk is accurate. They could end up using up their cap space and be left with someone who doesn't help at all. And yes i should  have termed Gilbert as a 4/5 guy.   He's spent time in Montreal's top 4 of and on the past two seasons. But he's a right handed shot. And far more reliable than Weber. Who has silent time in Vancouver's top 4. I honestly don't think Vrbata has much trade value right now. I'd stand by Gilbert and a 3rd as a reasonable offer. It addresses both teams needs, works under the cap, has no long term cap effects, and Vancouver ends up with a mid round pick to compensate for Vrbata being the better player.

I can understand people not thinking it's enough. But then again this forum has a history of expecting huge windfalls from trades then complaining about the actual return for months on end. 

15 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal says no to both offers. doesnt solve their problem on the 2nd line.  They need someone to play with Eller and Galchenyuk.  Also.  You really should learb how to spell the players names correctly. You weren't even close

This is the deep dark trade proposal realm.  Spell checking is last thing on my mind lol.  

Archived