The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Devils 3-2 Canucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

They really need sutter back.  Dont want to criticize Bo, hes the guy  I root for the most to succeed, but he didnt look good in defensive zone draws all night.  Its hard to have a good Pk when you are always losing the draw. Not sure what his stats were in the end but im willing to bet it wasnt good.

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Should have gotten one point.  Cory was great. Mark was not.

Markstrom had a pathetic defense in front of him. Just like Miller, just like Lack, just like Luongo. If you truly understand hockey, you'll see that the defense is the issue. 

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The coach needs to mix skill and grit in our lines, not separate them. Cracknells line were great but had no finish, Vbratas line had no grit to open things up.

Sedin -Sedin - Hansen

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Dorsett - McCann - Vbrata

Baertschi - Cracknell - Prust

Simple change up but thats how successful teams roll their lines, by mixing skill and size.

Lol every proposed lineup u make excludes Virtanen.... get over it 

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

Gotta say Horvat played a great game.  He's getting stronger as the season progresses, points aren't there yet, but I'm not worried...impressive game for him tonight.

Yep. The points will come. He played great today for the most part.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Markstrom had a pathetic defense in front of him. Just like Miller, just like Lack, just like Luongo. If you truly understand hockey, you'll see that the defense is the issue. 

I can tell when a goalie isn't great. He wasn't bad, esp the third one was unlucky. That first goal was totally out of position.  rookie mistake.

I see a lot of posters blaming the forwards and the goalie tonight but somehow refuse to lay blame where it truly belongs. 

The Canucks have a horribly soft and weak defense corps. Outside of Hutton and Tanev, this defense just isn't good enough. The inability to both clear the crease and maintain position in the neutral zone falls on this woefully unable d corps. 

No defense, no playoffs. Simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I agree..even in 2011 our defense wasn't that great. We had a committee thing going.  No bona-fide number one and they all happened to have career years, our d core was over rated in hindsight.

This team has needed a top d man since 1970. Hopefully Benning and Linden can be the ones to draft him.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I see a lot of posters blaming the forwards and the goalie tonight but somehow refuse to lay blame where it truly belongs. 

The Canucks have a horribly soft and weak defense corps. Outside of Hutton and Tanev, this defense just isn't good enough. The inability to both clear the crease and maintain position in the neutr zone falls on this woefully unable d corps. 

No defense, no playoffs. Simple as that. 

There are multiple problems on this team but you are right, the biggest hole is on D.  This has to be one of the weakest Ds in the whole conference, and I would argue its probably the worst D the Canucks have had in at least 10 years.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Blunt, accurate post....but sadly lacking in rancor-quotient. 

How long will it take JB to upgrade our D?. Honestly Tanev is the only d that I have confidence in. It's too bad he isn't more offensively gifted. Edler too mistake prone, bad d on that henrique goal. Weber - brutal defensively, soft, can't hit the net often with shot.. Sbisa a work in progress, Hutton - still too early to tell. Bartowksi - Just doesn't seem to defend well. Hamhuis to slow moving the puck. age really catching up - even at age 32.

Happy for Cory, not so much for Canucks.

If they actually put half the effort of what they always say in the post-game interview into a game, we might be sitting at the top of the league now.  Instead we are barely hanging on in the playoff hunt. This team just doesn't seem to be able to work hard consistently enough to deserve points.      

I won't bother with PGI today as I've listened to it enough to memorize their lip service routine.

Archived