The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Devils 3-2 Canucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Luongo got traded didn't he? In addition to our defence being woeful. I think there's almost a country club atmosphere. It shows when the team ups it's intensity always too little, too late. If we traded Edler that might shake the team up knowing it has to be accountable. 

Edler is the country club atmosphere, he's always seemed like a guy thats just happy to collect his pay check and could care less about winning. 

11 hours ago, Brendan Gaunce said:

when is the defence gonna figure it out?

You're blaming the D when the Canucks got nearly 40 shots on net, but only 2 goals? I'm not saying the D doesn't share the blame, but c'mon 2 goals?

2 goals isn't gonna cut it in this league.

1 hour ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Edler is the country club atmosphere, he's always seemed like a guy thats just happy to collect his pay check and could care less about winning. 

How upset does Horvath seem to you after a loss? Or McCann? Or the WD? You have to remember that first of all, this is a job for those guys, not a war. You do as good a job as you can and you move on to the next day, just like everyone of use does.

3 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

You're blaming the D when the Canucks got nearly 40 shots on net, but only 2 goals? I'm not saying the D doesn't share the blame, but c'mon 2 goals?

2 goals isn't gonna cut it in this league.

On Saturday night, 5 shutout wins in the NHL. 2 goals does cut it sometimes.

4 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Sure, sometimes 2 goals is enough, I'll give you that.

Also Saturday night, 5 games required the winning team score more than 2 goals, & in all the shutout games the losing team would've had to score more than 2 to win. 

Right now league averages are over 5 goals a game, which means the winning team is scoring over 3 goals a game on average. 2 is not a recipe for long-term success.

20 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

You are not reading this correctly. Maybe our 2 goals is good enough but not when your opposing team gets 3...

5 Shut outs means everyone was pulling their weight in the game...

2 totally different aspects from our game last night...<_<

2 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I don't think he's ever demonstrated a sense of urgency the entire time he's played. He cracks under pressure, and has zero consistency to his game.

I'm sure he would like to win, but I don't think he has the killer instinct to make it happen.

1 hour ago, coastal1 said:

2 goals is enough if you are a good defensive team and can effectively shut other teams offense down.  That is hardly how anyone would describe the Nucks this year.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think he's ever demonstrated a sense of urgency the entire time he's played. He cracks under pressure, and has zero consistency to his game.

I'm sure he would like to win, but I don't think he has the killer instinct to make it happen.

One thing that's been a constant in our playoff meltdowns over the years, even through different goaltenders and coaches, has been Edler as our top pairing D-man.

I really think it was a mistake to not trade him when his value was at its highest. He's just not a true number 1, yet we play him as if he is.

When he played physical and blasted the puck on net on the powerplay he was great. But the last few years he doesn't hit, can't shoot the puck the same, and struggles to make fast decisions in his own end.

Just now, DeNiro said:

One thing that's been a constant in our playoff meltdowns over the years, even through different goaltenders and coaches, has been Edler as our top pairing D-man.

I really think it was a mistake to not trade him when his value was at its highest. He's just not a true number 1, yet we play him as if he is.

When he played physical and blasted the puck on net on the powerplay he was great. But the last few years he doesn't hit, can't shoot the puck the same, and struggles to make fast decisions in his own end.

He is a 5 dressed up as a 10. Linden's comments last year regarding Edler were especially worrisome.

He's far too timid, inconsistent, and sloppy to ever be considered a top flight defender, and frankly he's overpaid at $5 M a year.

Salo was a far superior defenseman from the offensive standpoint. His slapper was the stuff of legend.

I don't understand how both Gillis and Benning see Edler or the defense. I'm not going to jump the gun too much on Benning yet, but I hope he doesn't see Edler as the elite blueliner Linden does.

Archived