The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Canucks Recall Pedan, Reassign Fedun

Robongo

I'm hoping we get a good look at Pedan and that he isn't just scratched. It's one thing to see a player in the AHL. It's another thing to see that player play in the NHL, as evidenced by other players countless times.

Here's to wishing him the best of luck (or hoping that he doesn't even need luck to impress).

2 hours ago, homersexual said:

Does Benning get frequent flyer miles or something. Why does he keep calling guys up to sit in the press box and then send them back down to call someone else up.

Each player gets the opportunity to be up and train with the team (and collect an NHL salary). It's no guarantee to get into a game, but if they might be sitting for some time it's a good idea to rotate them somewhat and allow them to stay fresh by still playing in Utica vs being a press box pro for an extended length of time.

I'd like to see if Pedan can get in and cope with the speed of the NHL. I don't think that was as much of a question with Fedun, although for both it is a question how much of an impact they can make beyond just being a safe player.

im excited at least if you play well on farm your rewarded with a shot at bigs not like in past yrs when youd never see the light of day with the canucks. Stupud av wasted shirokov who was a bure lite with his hustle  gave him one game which he scored then never played again which was absolutely mind boggling at the time.  pedan is that big aggressive dman that clears crease that we gave missed since willie mitchell, i really hope he pulls a hutton and forces nucks to keep him up. I smell a waive ir a trade or both. Higgins and hamhuis need to be gomzo asap.

8 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Seriously hoping they give this guy a game or two but not holding my breath.  If his puck handling is still suspect he'll be under a lot of pressure and won't have much backup with our current D corps.  Tire fire or not though, I really want to see him in action at this level. 

I thought he looked pretty poised with the puck this past preseason, but that was, well, preseason. I dearly hope this kid has what it takes to make it, this team is just screaming out for some size on the back end.

Not sure why all the hate for Bartkowski, I like him. I like his speed, that he has the kahunas to rush up ice with it and once in a while even drives the net. Weber is okay, has a good shot, but he lacks grit (and size). Sbisa drives me crazy with his giveaways and inability to clear the zone, but he is gritty and the Canucks need him. He's still not as bad as Bieksa over the last couple of years though. Hutton is the future on D for this team, and I can see him as a "poor man's" Green or Campbell one day. Hamhuis, although once very reliable, looks like he's aged 5 years since last season. Probably won't see anymore of those deadly hip checks. Tanev is our best D, period. Edler, in my opinion, is overrated. He's known as "Meatball" in my household - because he's Swedish and he plays like a meathead most of the time.

Really hoping we get to see Pedan in NHL action.

2 hours ago, billabong said:

I don't understand the point of calling him up to watch a game than sending him back down. Kinda wasting our number ofcall ups here Benning 

There's no limit on the amount of callups we can make during the season. The exception is what I think you're thinking of, when after the trade deadline teams become restricted to a limited number of callups (I think 4) so as to let the AHL lineups settle in during their playoff push.

Now though, they can do this to get as many young guys as they want the experience of being with the NHL team. Even if they don't play it's a nod to the fact they're doing well with Utica.

Nice to see Pedan get rewarded, here's hoping he gets in for a game or two so we can see where he's at.

At the very least I hope it pumps him up and gets him training and playing even harder, if he can keep developing he could really be something for us in a few years. He brings a nice toolbox to the table.

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

we don't get too many of those who can pound their opposition. i'm exited!

Same here, my friend. I just want to see some big hits from our d-men - as well as making the opposition pay for standing in front of the net. Hopefully Pedan brings that to the table.

6 minutes ago, gforce31 said:

Same here, my friend. I just want to see some big hits from our d-men - as well as making the opposition pay for standing in front of the net. Hopefully Pedan brings that to the table.

I think this is the most glaring issue this season so far. So many crap goals on us because we cannot police the crease.

Archived