The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC's List of Unique Experiences/Characteristics

Mainly Mattias

when i was 32, and almost died from a tumour in my large intestine, a fellow used to come and visit me every day...sometime later, this fellow went off the deep end, shoot and killed his wife and 3 of his 4 children....one kid hid in a cupboard and lived...such a kind, caring man, could somehow do those things...

Moved out when I was 14

First roommate murdered someone.

Person who replaced him murdered someone.

Person who replaced him's fiance murdered someone.

Moved out of there before bad stuff happened to me.  That's a no bs thing too.  first guy broke in to a place, got surprised killed homeowner with tire iron, second person stabbed a guy on the beach, 3rd persons fiance stabbed a girl and disposed of the body in the woods.

I had a weird weird run of luck as a teenager

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Moved out when I was 14

First roommate murdered someone.

Person who replaced him murdered someone.

Person who replaced him's fiance murdered someone.

Moved out of there before bad stuff happened to me.  That's a no bs thing too.  first guy broke in to a place, got surprised killed homeowner with tire iron, second person stabbed a guy on the beach, 3rd persons fiance stabbed a girl and disposed of the body in the woods.

I had a weird weird run of luck as a teenager

were all 3 caught? that $&!#s cray 

1 minute ago, Edlerberry said:

were all 3 caught? that $&!#s cray 

Yes, bert was caught, juvenile detention then further jail time as an adult.  Troy was caught immediately and to the best of my knowledge is back in prison for being a screw up beyond words.  Cassie was caught and is a career prison child now, she cannot acclimate to the outside world.

I don't keep in contact with any of them but Penticton is a very small town and you hear things

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Yes, bert was caught, juvenile detention then further jail time as an adult.  Troy was caught immediately and to the best of my knowledge is back in prison for being a screw up beyond words.  Cassie was caught and is a career prison child now, she cannot acclimate to the outside world.

I don't keep in contact with any of them but Penticton is a very small town and you hear things

so cray. grats for not being a victim and finding your way to the world.

my unique experience -

i went to the gold medal game in 2010 #godstatus

I have a reoccurring memory of an event that happened when I was just 9 months old. Was ripped out of my dad's arms while we were swimming close to the shore in Anaheim.  A strong current dragged me out to sea. I vividly recall bobbing up n down while dad was frantically swimming towards me,  I could see ma on the shore line she looked so far away.  I remember not being afraid?

Was climbing the massive 100+ ft trees in Burnaby Park when I was around 7-8 ? Fell from nearly the top of one hitting almost every branch on the way down and managed to never get to the bottom. Tree saved my life lol

At 16  I was working repairing light ballasts in huge warehouses.  I fell from 35 feet off of the scaffold I was on. I watched my harness let go of the safety loop and on the way down I thought to myself  "when you land push back with your legs."  So I did and actually walked away with no injuries ?

During a shake down run when I was 27 I rolled my 71 corolla rally on a mountain back road at a descent clip.  Throttle spring linkage to the kick down on the carb decided to fail which resulted in wide open throttle on a sweeping left hand 30 degree gravel bend  !! We hit the embankment on the driver side at about 100kph and it corkscrewed me into the air landing on the roof after traveling about 10 meters through the air upside down ?  Walked out of the wreck with my co pilot and we flipped the car over and drove the tank home.

My ma always said "One of theses days you'll come home with your head under your arm and say, but MA it was an accident !"

Boy was she wrong :emot-parrot:

Ooo some good stories here.

surgeries and potential death situations certainly help to rearrange life priorities... sometimes?? lol.

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

when i was 32, and almost died from a tumour in my large intestine, a fellow used to come and visit me every day...sometime later, this fellow went off the deep end, shoot and killed his wife and 3 of his 4 children....one kid hid in a cupboard and lived...such a kind, caring man, could somehow do those things...

geez, imagine growing up after that trauma.

..oh and good for you for surviving the tumour removal.

Archived