The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best BC born player?

smokes

7 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

The greatest goalie to ever come out of BC obviously.

Hate to correct you, but the greatest goalie ever to come out of British Columbia is Cesar Maniago.  From many a-days ago.  Just kidding...I have no idea how he played.  He does however have one of the best names for a hockey player to come out of BC. 

2 hours ago, canucksnhl said:

For me it's the career PPG players in the following order. 

1. Joe Sakic
2. Steve Yzerman
3. Paul Kariya 

These guys had so much passion! 

If Kariya did not have those concussion problems, he would definately be a hall of fame player. 

Scott Niedermayer.

740 points in 1263 games. AS A DEFENSEMAN. 784 Penalty Minutes. 98 points in 202 playoff games. 

Two time Memorial Cup Champion, 1991 World Junior Gold, World Cup of Hockey Silver and Gold, 2004 World Championship Gold,

Two time Olympic Gold, 4 time Stanley Cup Champion. 

Yzerman is second. Scott may not have been Bobby Orr good, but he was an amazing hockey player. 

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Scott Niedermayer.

740 points in 1263 games. AS A DEFENSEMAN. 784 Penalty Minutes. 98 points in 202 playoff games. 

Two time Memorial Cup Champion, 1991 World Junior Gold, World Cup of Hockey Silver and Gold, 2004 World Championship Gold,

Yzerman is second. Scott may not have been Bobby Orr good, but he was an amazing hockey player. 

Born August 31, 1973 (age 42)
Edmonton, AB, CAN

I had the same thought and looked him up last night.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Scott Niedermayer.

Was gonna say Niedermayer one of my all time fav players.

One of either;

Scott Niedermayer

Steve Yzerman

Joe Sakic

Cam Neely.

No one else should even be in the running. Yzerman may have a slight edge in career points but I'm going to give this one to Sakic because he wasn't just born in BC, he grew up here as well.

Archived