The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel & Henrick

Patchoball Cannons

Imagine the points they would put up with a Norris type Dman on the power play and 5 on 5. 

Seriously imagine PK, or Carlson back there. I would bet everything I have that they would be the top scoring line in the NHL. 

Hell, they even made Erhoff look good. 

Its an absolute travesty that the organization can't provide a legitimate power play QB for these guys. 

We we have been in search for one since 1970.

29 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Imagine the points they would put up with a Norris type Dman on the power play and 5 on 5. 

Seriously imagine PK, or Carlson back there. I would bet everything I have that they would be the top scoring line in the NHL. 

Its an absolute travesty that the organization can't provide a legitimate power play QB for these guys. 

Salo was great, Weber isn't living up to his jersey number.

I don't ever see any Vancouver fans trashing the Sedins ever. Mainstream media tends to underestimate them every year but other than that I don't get the frustration. Some people say we should trade them and fair enough, this team isn't going to win a cup. If they wanted then they deserve the Ray Bourque treatment and get a shot at the cup. I think they'd rather retire as Canucks though.

12 hours ago, Patchoball Cannons said:

I've had enough! It's time for all of us who have thoroughly enjoyed everything these two superstars have done for this organization and this city to stand up to all the naysayers and put them in their place! Daniel and Henrick are the 2 best players to ever lace them up for the Canucks, yet they seldom get the respect they're due from this fanbase. Back to back Art Ross trophies, back to back Ted Lindsay awards, and should've been back to back Hart winners as well. No one else has ever brought home that hardware for this team, add in a trip to game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals and leading the team to three presidents trophies, no other players in our history have brought so much success to this city and club. Other players like Linden, McLean, Smyl, Brodeur and Snepts are still celebrated to this day, I'm not trying to take anything away from those guys as I love em all, but they can't hold a candle to what the Sedins have done for us. From day one the knock on the twins was they don't like the physical game and to take them out all you have to do is rough them up. I've never seen any players take more abuse from the opposition and keep going. They are in the corners on every shift, playing in the hardest areas and taking as much abuse as the other teams best defenders can dish out and they keep rolling along. At 35 they are both still point a game players, yet half the people who call themselves fans of this team ask for them to be traded or demoted to a 2nd or 3rd line role. These two future hall of famers deserve more from this fanbase. They've given us so much over the past 15 years, the least we can do is give them the respect they're due.

The players you listed like Linden, McLean, Smyl, Brodeur and Snepsts can't hold a candle to the regular season achievements of the twins.  But come playoff time, it's another question.

The Sedins are certainly fine in the playoffs, but they aren't Linden-level clutch.

I'm a huge fan of theirs and agree that they deserve respect, but they do get their respect in Vancouver.  The preaching needs to be done to the rest of the NHL.

Also, they do take their share of physical abuse and are great at coming out the next shift after getting bloodied up.  But to say they've played through pain and performed at the level of Linden in game 7 in 94 would be pushing it.

They are tough, and for whatever reason, refs don't call penalties when they're abused, so they take even more.  But in a way, they invite it by not standing up for themselves.

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Honestly, if we had a 70-point D-man on the blueline dishing out the puck for the last 10 years, who knows what level the Sedins would have reached over those years.

Looks like they are having fun out there again.  Ever since Hansen joined the line and they tore up chicago.  They don't pack it in after 1 goal anymore.  They are really looking lively out there.  This could be their best season in a long time if they continue to play with this zest.  I see something special in their eyes. It warms my heart! ::D

4 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Why did I spell Karlsson, Carlson?

que the who is Carlson? Post

Carlson still works for making your point he had 55 points last year for the Capitols and already has 17 this year, and he's a 25 year old right side defenceman.  Of course he's not as good offensively as Karlsson but he is 6'3 215 pounds.

SING IT SISTER!!! I'm 1000 percent with you. Represent. 

The sad thing is, if we had won game 7, I don't think the Sedins would have nearly the same amount of hate as they do now. I think that sting, being so close to lose it all is why people attack them so much for whatever. But honestly, come on. The Sedin twins are some of the most respected players int he league among players, coaches, and general managers, and that's for a reason. We as a fanbase owe it to them, to show them equal if not more respect. The best players to ever lace up some Canuck skates. 

Sadl, I think it's not going to be until after they have either won a cup, or retired, until people start showing them the proper respect for what they have done for this league, team, and city. Never again in hockey, and possibly in sports, will we see 2 players like the Sedin Twins, drafted together, played together since child hood, and the chemistry they developed. True leaders, and they desearve a cup. I just hope the team can come together to give them one. 

(not so related side note... Because Jarome Iginla was always my moms favorite player, and honestly one of mine, how awesome would it have been to have had him come here and win a title playing with the Twins... If only he were drafted a Canuck, they would have been the perfect match throughout their careers and a ELITE line.)

12 hours ago, nom_de_plume said:

Hahahahaha... Well done.  The least you could do, OP,  with a thread to show respect for the two greatest Canucks ever is to spell their names right.  Just jabbing at ya!

Still haven't figured out how to turn autospell off on my phone! Sorry Henrik! Samsung spells it with a c apparently!  My bad ;/

11 hours ago, Trancer said:

amazing players on the ice and incredible people off the ice

Agreed but the team has never had the toughness to go with them. When they were a little bit tougher they were seriously damaged in the 2011 cup final. They are much weaker now than then, but the team has youth and potential. The Sedins have been great throughout their career but we still have no Stanley cup in 45 yrs. The team had the great Pavel Bure and a good team around him but New York needed that Stanley Cup. Maybe its time for another jersey change.

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don't we?  He's plays the heavy game we need on the back end.  

Some do respect Edler. I do anyway. Edler had 4 goals and 9 points in the last 11 games playing top comp.

Buy, you know, that did not get noticed as much as some perceived sporadic defence. He's a plus 5 where Horvat is a -9, Vrbata -11.  

People, especially ones who view we should tank, also seem to believe we should never get scored against? And when it happens their should be a blood penalty to pay.

Archived